Doctor asks to wait need advice

Hello,

Im from Pakistan and went to consult Dr Jawad Chaudhry   I have thinning at my vertex but my hairline is okay. 

I went to him for consultation asking I want a plan for me. I want my vertex covered and then when hairline goes I want it handled.

He refused and told me you never start with your vertex. He asked me to  let it go completely and then consider a hair transplant which I didn't understand. How can i wait to be completely bald  I thought preventive medicine is always better. 

He says we recommend clients to start with FUT and then fill it later with fue. The reason being because you can harvest more hair grafts in fut in a single session

From what I understand his primary reason to refuse me is because he wants me to start with fut as well and right now I only need 1800-2000 so fut would be a waste. 

The doctor is both abhrs and ihrs certified. Does both fut and fue and has 15 years of experience. 

This is his website: https://www.fuepakistan.com/fue-procedures/before-after/

What do you guys think of this consultation? Attached is also my picture. 

280C4C00-0A83-4F4C-90FE-C6480522A3F0.jpeg

• Moderators

You don't look like you have enough hair loss for a transplant at this time. You should try taking finisteride if you aren't yet. You may benefit a lot from it as you still have a lot of hair.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

The basic premise behind this type of decision is directly correlated to how hair grows. Hair in the front grows forward, so does the hair in the mid scalp.  As this happens, there is shingling - which allows for the illusion of density.  In the crown, however, the hair grows differently. It swirls. We refer to this area as the whirl.

Get a piece of paper and draw a dot.  From the dot draw a a cross so that the dot is right in the middle of it.  +.  Imagine that being procedure 1.  Turn the paper in a circular fashion only a few degrees and draw another cross.  That would be procedure 2.  It would take MANY procedures to eventually fill the circle. The hair is growing away from the point and there is no shingling. What does this mean?

The donor is finite.  Imagine you use all of it to address the crown area. You then lose the front and you have nothing to fix it.  At that point you're going to wish you had never filled the crown. The front, after all, is the area you see when looking in the mirror and the area others see when they interact with you.

As BeHappy has suggested, your best option at this point is to get on medical therapy. (Propecia, Rogaine, PRP, Laser). Give it a year.  A year from now, based on what you experience, you may then consider grafts. Understanding, if you get off the meds, you may resume losing.  Potentially you'll end up with an island worth of hair and nothing around it.  (Island effect).

Lastly, because of the whirl, we all share this weak point.  It is OK to be thinner in that area. Leave it be for now, get on meds and reassess.

On 9/25/2020 at 5:41 PM, BeHappy said:

You don't look like you have enough hair loss for a transplant at this time. You should try taking finisteride if you aren't yet. You may benefit a lot from it as you still have a lot of hair.

Yes thats what I wanted to take advantage of. I went there asking listen im at a stage where i will need a transplant. How can we work on it. But seems like they want it to get worse which i dont understand. 

i can try treatments but eventually i want to have a transplant

23 hours ago, LaserCap said:

The basic premise behind this type of decision is directly correlated to how hair grows. Hair in the front grows forward, so does the hair in the mid scalp.  As this happens, there is shingling - which allows for the illusion of density.  In the crown, however, the hair grows differently. It swirls. We refer to this area as the whirl.

Get a piece of paper and draw a dot.  From the dot draw a a cross so that the dot is right in the middle of it.  +.  Imagine that being procedure 1.  Turn the paper in a circular fashion only a few degrees and draw another cross.  That would be procedure 2.  It would take MANY procedures to eventually fill the circle. The hair is growing away from the point and there is no shingling. What does this mean?

The donor is finite.  Imagine you use all of it to address the crown area. You then lose the front and you have nothing to fix it.  At that point you're going to wish you had never filled the crown. The front, after all, is the area you see when looking in the mirror and the area others see when they interact with you.

As BeHappy has suggested, your best option at this point is to get on medical therapy. (Propecia, Rogaine, PRP, Laser). Give it a year.  A year from now, based on what you experience, you may then consider grafts. Understanding, if you get off the meds, you may resume losing.  Potentially you'll end up with an island worth of hair and nothing around it.  (Island effect).

Lastly, because of the whirl, we all share this weak point.  It is OK to be thinner in that area. Leave it be for now, get on meds and reassess.

Thankyou for your advice. It makes sense. I never intended to use all of the grafts. I just wanted to ask them to take advantage of the situation im in and plan for the next 3-4 transplants. 

What do you think of the doctor after seeing the results on his website? Ive posted a link at the top