Successful OP or not?

What do you guys think of my HT , this was over two FUE procedures as first one didn’t really work , total of 1821 grafts. And how many more grafts do you think I’d need for it too look better in harsh lighting , thanks.

C6E52C32-E130-408E-A7B4-52AA0B809C77.jpeg

5EDDDD74-D4B9-4272-A1ED-E4EFD627700B.jpeg

96274230-486C-4C92-8564-8D860EEC898F.jpeg

008A27F8-5A72-4DB5-ADD7-F2F79E931156.jpeg

I would look to another clinic. Look at the recommended physician list on here. And also search for Dr Edward Ball and Dr Arshad. 
Or if possible look outside the UK. A few consultations will give you a good idea on what’s needed to move forward.

Not many clinics will do anything due to only being 21 , also I feel like the work they’ve done so far has been good. I was thinking only maybe another 300 grafts may give me the coverage I want but I’m not sure. 

Oh. A reputable clinic will not consider people until your 25. This clinic should not have agreed to do yours. Sorry the first one you had didn’t really work out. If your not on meds such as Fin you could and probably will just end up chasing your hair loss. 
The possibility of permanent shock loss is another point to consider. If you can I would consider Fin and wait out until your able to go to a decent and reputable clinic. 

Yes I know most clinics don’t but I’ve seen many people post on here about having it done in there early 20’s and then saying it was the best decision they’ve made. Also I have quite thick hair just sadly was born with temples far back and a widows peak. 

so you think the work I’ve had done is poor/failure?

11 minutes ago, anon707 said:

Yes I know most clinics don’t but I’ve seen many people post on here about having it done in there early 20’s and then saying it was the best decision they’ve made.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Yeah I’ll attach some in normal lighting , i just feel that I’m only a few hundred grafts away from being satisfied so waiting until I’m 25 won’t make too much difference as I’ve already had 1800 or is that not the way too look at it

We all have finite amount of grafts. Soon you will be at over 2000 for your hairline alone. Most of us have no more than 6000-8000 to use in total.

At 21 that will leave you with maybe less than 4000 approx going forward. This does not leave you in a good position to future plan. 

Not worth using anymore grafts in my opinion. 300 is approx a eyebrows worth and I don’t think it would give you enough. 

Of course it’s your decision but just consider the future planning. At 21 it’s too early to tell where you might be headed for in terms of the Norwood scale. This is why other clinics will insist your 25 and above.

Yes I totally get where your coming from that’s why I’m in such a predicament but can’t I just start taking finasteride? 

this is why I’m reluctant because of future top ups needed but I spoke to the clinic and they believe I’ll have close too 8000 if not more grafts available and my dad has quite a lot of hair for his age he’s 55 now and my older brother has similar hair to me born with slight widows peak and receded temples he’s now late 20’s with no further recession. 

do you not think 300 grafts may do the trick for me?

• Administrators

Your hair looks normal, there’s no perfect HT. Please refer to my thread, you will never have perfection with surgery.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, anon707 said:

Why have you shared this?

I think he wanted you to see the story of another guy that tried to get HTs too early, the first one when he was 20. Learn from other people's mistakes when you can, very important life lesson.