Eugenix - why do I need a medical visa?

I have surgery booked with Eugenix at the end of October. My current plan is to still go ahead with the surgery but India is closed to international travellers until the end of September and I am coming from Canada. Now I am being asked if I can arrange a medical visa from my consulate. I don't know what this means. Can anyone provide some help?

Hi kirkland, This is all I could find.

https://www.evisaindia.org/types/medical-visa/#:~:text=How to obtain a medical,to an embassy or consulate.

I'm from the US and will be scheduling with Eugenix as well. I'm very excited, but highly discouraged with this lockdown. I'm on Expedia.com and can see that many flights are bookable from US to India, but I have no ability to obtain a tourist visa for India. Makes no sense that so many flights are available to India, but there is no way for anyone to obtain a tourist visa. How are any flights getting booked if it's not possible to get a visa from India. Not quite sure what I'm missing here and would love for anybody to weigh-in on this topic.

This is the current site that I'm checking weekly to see if tourist visa's are available. Once you get to the site, click the Get Started button, and it will tell you that Indian tourist visa's have been discontinued until further notice.

https://www.in.ckgs.us/visa/tourist-visa

Maybe the medical visa is the way to go. I'll have to look into this a little further, but I'd be very interested in any of your findings.

I've been researching hair transplants for quite some time, and have no doubt that you are making the right decision to go with Eugenix. Can't wait to have my procedure done as well! 

7 hours ago, MazAB said:

Hi kirkland, This is all I could find.

https://www.evisaindia.org/types/medical-visa/#:~:text=How to obtain a medical,to an embassy or consulate.

I'm from the US and will be scheduling with Eugenix as well. I'm very excited, but highly discouraged with this lockdown. I'm on Expedia.com and can see that many flights are bookable from US to India, but I have no ability to obtain a tourist visa for India. Makes no sense that so many flights are available to India, but there is no way for anyone to obtain a tourist visa. How are any flights getting booked if it's not possible to get a visa from India. Not quite sure what I'm missing here and would love for anybody to weigh-in on this topic.

This is the current site that I'm checking weekly to see if tourist visa's are available. Once you get to the site, click the Get Started button, and it will tell you that Indian tourist visa's have been discontinued until further notice.

https://www.in.ckgs.us/visa/tourist-visa

Maybe the medical visa is the way to go. I'll have to look into this a little further, but I'd be very interested in any of your findings.

I've been researching hair transplants for quite some time, and have no doubt that you are making the right decision to go with Eugenix. Can't wait to have my procedure done as well! 

I'm being told by my Eugenix contact that a medical visa may be a way to work around the lockdown for international travelers. 

On 9/24/2020 at 10:01 AM, Gabreille Nelson Mukhia said:

You don't necessarily need a medical visa. You can also come in a tourist visa.

Apologies, I checked with the consulate. A medical visa is the requirement under the current circumstances.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

On 9/26/2020 at 11:46 AM, Fluffhead said:

I got an e-medical visa with these guys: https://www.ivisa.com

Easy and flawless. Highly recommended. 

Is that all that is needed in addition to a passport? And I take it a regular tourist visa is not sufficient enough, correct?

I'll check out that website, looks like a good service. Is there a benefit to using them instead of the suggested Cox and Kings Global Service for obtaining Visas (https://www.in.ckgs.us/)? Like faster turnaround time, cheaper, etc.

58 minutes ago, Chris32 said:

Is that all that is needed in addition to a passport? And I take it a regular tourist visa is not sufficient enough, correct?

I'll check out that website, looks like a good service. Is there a benefit to using them instead of the suggested Cox and Kings Global Service for obtaining Visas (https://www.in.ckgs.us/)? Like faster turnaround time, cheaper, etc.

I have no idea. I’m just telling you what I used. Turnaround time in my case was around two days. Getting the medical visa allows you to go back into the country in the unlikely event you have an issue with your transplant. I can’t vouch for the other service but I can for this. Good luck. 

Keep us posted with what you end up doing kirkland, I'm in Canada as well but looking at booking when restrictions lift. I'm in the Atlantic provinces so if I leave I'll have to do a 2-week quarantine upon return and miss work. Not sure I can swing that, or even if I can get an international flight.

I'll be curious what you end up doing. I assume you're west of the Maritimes?

Follow my second hair transplant journey below

Caucasian - 4613 Grafts - Eugenix, Dr. Arika Bansal

Even during a lock down societies tend to give special exemptions for medical purposes.  IE you can get out of jury duty if you get note from doctor.  Also, since your under the care of a doctor  while your their they will hopefully maintain a safer environment than a restaurant or theater.  Also, your bringing revenue into the country for a very express purpose.  Obviously Canada doesn't see it that way but many other countries might depending on their particular covid policy.  Im guessing a medical visa grants you an exemption to their travel ban whatever it is.

On 9/30/2020 at 7:38 PM, Fluffhead said:

I have no idea. I’m just telling you what I used. Turnaround time in my case was around two days. Getting the medical visa allows you to go back into the country in the unlikely event you have an issue with your transplant. I can’t vouch for the other service but I can for this. Good luck. 

I saw you mentioned you got a medical visa already. When did you get yours? Visa applications have been discontinued until further notice. I just emailed them and got the following message:

"Hello,

Currently, the Indian government is not processing visa approvals but you can place an application as early as now and we will process it as soon as they resume the process. Thank you."

12 minutes ago, Chris32 said:

I saw you mentioned you got a medical visa already. When did you get yours? Visa applications have been discontinued until further notice. I just emailed them and got the following message:

"Hello,

Currently, the Indian government is not processing visa approvals but you can place an application as early as now and we will process it as soon as they resume the process. Thank you."

See my post history. My procedure was last January. 

The CORONA virus situation has left a huge void in the global movement. We miss having our patients come in for the procedures. But thankfully, now the travels are resuming. Lets hope they also have proper care and realistic documentation requirements for all. We have had a couple of patients from the US in the last month. They faced no issues while arriving or exiting the country.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

Just now, Gabreille Nelson Mukhia said:

The CORONA virus situation has left a huge void in the global movement. We miss having our patients come in for the procedures. But thankfully, now the travels are resuming. Lets hope they also have proper care and realistic documentation requirements for all. We have had a couple of patients from the US in the last month. They faced no issues while arriving or exiting the country.

Is it possible to travel in from the Uk 🇬🇧 yet ?