Could minoxdil make a temple ! Pictures involved

Yea finasteride and minoxidil can work on the front part of your head, but most guys don't see much re-growth there because they wait until their hair loss has progressed significantly for a number of years before they try to do anything. By that time the DHT has  often permanently damaged those hair follicles beyond recovery.This is why the pharmaceutical companies developing those drugs targeted the more resilient crown area in the back during their research/FDA trials/marketing. If they did advertise that it helps the front hairline and temples, alot of guys past the point of no return would be complaining, generating bad press/ etc.

Most of what you are seeing their is probably more due to the minoxidil than the finasteride, one if its side effects is more hair on your face and other body parts too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ciaus said:

Yea finasteride and minoxidil can work on the front part of your head, but most guys don't see much re-growth there because they wait until their hair loss has progressed significantly for a number of years before they try to do anything. By that time the DHT has  often permanently damaged those hair follicles beyond recovery.This is why the pharmaceutical companies developing those drugs targeted the more resilient crown area in the back during their research/FDA trials/marketing. If they did advertise that it helps the front hairline and temples, alot of guys past the point of no return would be complaining, generating bad press/ etc.

Most of what you are seeing their is probably more due to the minoxidil than the finasteride, one if its side effects is more hair on your face and other body parts too.

I’ve been losing ground since 4 years . Before that ! I was a full head of hair ! Do you think there still time to fix it ?

It depends on how sensitive your hair follicles are to DHT, and the DHT levels in your blood. Even if you are able to recover a good bit of those front hairs in the coming months, you're still likely to lose them again in the long run because those front hairs are the most DHT sensitive for most guys. Unfortunately Finasteride doesn't work perfectly, it lowers the DHT in your bloodstream, but you still have some circulating around all the time that can slowly chip away at those hair follicles. For most guys the drugs are not a 'fix', they are more of a hair transplant management tool, helping you delay when you have procedures, and when you do have procedures they will be smaller and less frequent.

Edited by ciaus
  • Thanks 1

I'm assuming you mean the little hairs like the ones I've circled here. You can see similar ones down on your forehead, those are just little vellus hairs, we have them all over our body, minoxidil will thicken some of those up a bit and make them more visible, but they won't grow out long like your scalp hair.

image.png.5ada37bac70ea7d066c951a68aa42a97.png

And that one pretty strong hair growing out of the higher up mole made me think of this recent topic started by our moderator, pretty funny pic in the first post. :D

1 hour ago, ciaus said:

I'm assuming you mean the little hairs like the ones I've circled here. You can see similar ones down on your forehead, those are just little vellus hairs, we have them all over our body, minoxidil will thicken some of those up a bit and make them more visible, but they won't grow out long like your scalp hair.

And that one pretty strong hair growing out of the higher up mole made me think of this recent topic started by our moderator, pretty funny pic in the first post. :D

Yeah but the thing is , i’ve never had any of these growing until i started the treatment..

and yeaah it’s pretty funny 😆 

Minoxidil doesn't create new hair, it only effects existing hair. In the case of your pic with the vellus hairs its making some of them thicker, maybe a little longer, so you are able to more easily see them now. Here's a link with some info about vellus and terminal hairs if you are curious.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319881

• Thanks 1

On 9/24/2020 at 2:04 AM, ciaus said:

What do you think ?

296E5093-0451-40A1-AA18-1DE13C16A8A9.jpeg

8 hours ago, ciaus said:

That is some pretty good definition coming back to your temple points. Will be interesting to see how much longer and thicker those hairs can get in the next couple of growth cycles.

I’ll keep you guys update if something happens..

It can if the area isn’t heavily impacted by surgery, thus having excessive scar tissue.  Scar tissue will destroy native hairs there and hinder the growth esp if high density packing was used.  

so if you have active vellus hairs there, you got a good shot!