Unsure where to get my HT done!

Hey people I'm new here, i'm 23 years old from Australia and have lost my hair.
Want to get a HT done asap! Been looking at turkey at the moment but unsure where to go really...
Any help/advice according to the photos would be much appreciated.

(The photos are 3 weeks of growth starting from bald shaved) 

Thanks kindly :) 

IMG_1224.thumb.jpg.e2eecba38ab687860fe38b1450e7a2e6.jpg

IMG_1229.thumb.jpg.85f8d4838d722b589295e4e3a2a59a65.jpg

IMG_1227.thumb.jpg.368a70e84859f8260aae3cd1b93ca3b5.jpg

IMG_1225.thumb.jpg.1c6b9af99a7a2810a1f7a402d2060312.jpg

Edited by hamzamerkz

• Valued Contributor

Hey mate. I live in Australia also (Melbourne). I totally hear you on saying you want a hair transplant ASAP. However at 23 have you tried any meds like Finasteride or Minoxidil to stabilize your hair loss? I know you don't want to hear this but I would wait until you are 25 before making a decision based your hair loss. You need to look at having a hair transplant/s at addressing your loss over the lifespan. If you can stabilize your hair loss now you will know where to go to from here. I strongly recommend that you avoid going to Turkey (or anyone here in Australia) for surgery. I realize that this sounds like a daunting reply but you only get one chance to get this right. All the best!

3 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Hey mate. I live in Australia also (Melbourne). I totally hear you on saying you want a hair transplant ASAP. However at 23 have you tried any meds like Finasteride or Minoxidil to stabilize your hair loss? I know you don't want to hear this but I would wait until you are 25 before making a decision based your hair loss. You need to look at having a hair transplant/s at addressing your loss over the lifespan. If you can stabilize your hair loss now you will know where to go to from here. I strongly recommend that you avoid going to Turkey (or anyone here in Australia) for surgery. I realize that this sounds like a daunting reply but you only get one chance to get this right. All the best!

Thanks for the reply brother!
Haven't tried any drugs, im scared of the side effects aha. I think that my hair would stay the same throughout my life as my dad and alot of my uncles have the same hairline and hair and they're pretty old. What do you think about India as an option, thinking Eugenix maybe..

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

No problem. I would definitely look at contacting Eugenix with your hair loss situation. They have a solid history of turning out consistently great work (especially in the high Norwood 6/7 range). They will tell you to start with Finasteride but will give you the best advice. I personally wouldn't consider anyone else in India. All the best and let us know how you go.

• Like 2

@hamzamerkz you need around 3500-4000 grafts to rebuild your frontal hairline. 

Considering your very young age I strongly advise you to start taking Finasteride 3x/week and Minoxodil Spray every night. This will stop your hairloss from continuing to progress into your midscalp and crown (what happened to me because I didnt take Finasteride).

You will find that some Doctors will be reluctant to do your surgery if you are not on Finasteride.

Turkey is the world capital of botched hair transplants because there are thousants of low cost Turkish hairmills where the surgery is done by technicians without any medical background (could have been taxi drivers 2 months before doing your surgery) and the Doctor is not very involved in the surgery (or not even present).

Check out my list with some good Doctors and their technique.

I advise spending a bit more money so you can chose a Doctor that does the whole surgery with just 1 patient per day and does either DHI or Stick&Place:

Eugenix has cheaper packages but it`s packages that don`t include the Doctor doing the whole surgery.

List.jpg

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

• Administrators

I would not go for a hair transplant at your age, instead try meds to stabilize your hair loss. Give the meds at least a year to work, and if you notice your hair loss has stopped revisit the idea of surgery. I advise guys under 25 to stay away from surgery, below is one forum member who is dealing with the ramifications of getting surgery too young. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

44 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I would not go for a hair transplant at your age, instead try meds to stabilize your hair loss. Give the meds at least a year to work, and if you notice your hair loss has stopped revisit the idea of surgery. I advise guys under 25 to stay away from surgery, below is one forum member who is dealing with the ramifications of getting surgery too young. 

I'm pretty scared about the sexual side effects etc about finasteride, im thinking my current hair will stay as is for a while. My dad and his side have the exact same pattern, bit of a sticky situation ahah. What about topical finasteride, is that the same? 

@hamzamerkz my Dad at 55 was a NW3 and I still went all the way to NW6. 

If you can get your hands on topical finasteride (there`s one with 15% Minoxidil in the mix) then use it.

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, hamzamerkz said:

I'm pretty scared about the sexual side effects etc about finasteride, im thinking my current hair will stay as is for a while. My dad and his side have the exact same pattern, bit of a sticky situation ahah. What about topical finasteride, is that the same? 

How do you know unless you try it? At least give it a chance. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

22 hours ago, Gatsby said:

No problem. I would definitely look at contacting Eugenix with your hair loss situation. They have a solid history of turning out consistently great work (especially in the high Norwood 6/7 range). They will tell you to start with Finasteride but will give you the best advice. I personally wouldn't consider anyone else in India. All the best and let us know how you go.

Thank 💗you for your recommendation sir. 

• Like 1

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ