1300 FUE with Dr Konior on September 15, 2020

TimeForAction

I am 4 days postop my 3rd procedure with Dr Konior completed on September 15, 2020.  

The link below details my 2nd procedure.  NOTE that I did have some personal health issues unrelated to the transplant , which most likely led to some additional native hair loss as I had to come off meds.   There is a link to my first procedure in that topic also.  

For this 3rd procedure , 873 grafts were placed in the crown.  The rest approx 325 were used to bring down my hair line and to feather behind in mid scalp zone.  

But Something new for this one!  -  I emailed him the morning after my procedure and requested an additional 100 or so grafts in the left temporal region to add asymmetry, and well I don’t think this man ever sleeps!  -  he emailed me right back within 5 minutes  and was able to get me in that afternoon for a quick session. 

As per usual I stayed in Chicago for 3 days postop and was seen daily in the clinic.  Ilisa and the rest of the team are top notch and go out of their way to make sure you are looked after , and yes Dr K saw me daily also.  

As a physician myself, I do hold Dr K in the highest regards , ethically and medically as a colleague  - the man just plain loves what he does , loves seeing patients and changing their lives,  and straight shoots the pertinent facts as he sees fit  for the patient-    like it or not.  I’m not sure how many Years he has left but he shows no signs of slowing down.

Here are my 4 days postop photos and will attempt to update at regular intervals.  

8F8ED136-1987-48B5-8628-7E9EFFE2F826.jpeg

BE80FD79-E174-4D4F-A6D1-68D917010516.jpeg

FEC6F04F-B3D0-4676-9142-01D3A2EC6617.jpeg

97338E63-8357-45D7-B1FB-E90867F0CEB3.jpeg

3CBF3516-7156-4C59-AFA3-579CCB6139D5.jpeg

21ADA62F-54AE-4A4C-8E9B-9D6A01A1D355.jpeg

33C14B8E-3A75-4334-8E72-53F5FF3C48E2.jpeg

C83663EB-BCE0-4B40-B21D-B9759E010ECA.jpeg

Edited by TimeForAction
  • Like 1

• TimeForAction changed the title to 1300 FUE with Dr Konior on September 15, 2020
11 hours ago, TimeForAction said:

As a physician myself, I do hold Dr K in the highest regards , ethically and medically as a colleague  - the man just plain loves what he does , loves seeing patients and changing their lives,  and straight shoots the pertinent facts as he sees fit  for the patient-    like it or not.  I’m not sure how many Years he has left but he shows no signs of slowing down.

💯 I get that same sense with Dr. K.  I remember him saying once, "I could work until midnight."  I'm not a physician like you @TimeForAction, but I try to think what he would do if he did what I did professionally.  A few descriptors that come to mind; details, enthusiasm, and integrity. 

The work looks great, of course.  I'm impressed with the density levels in your frontal third, it doesn't appear to have any gaps or weak spots.  Donor still looks immaculate.  Happy growing this 3rd round!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

1 hour ago, aaron1234 said:

💯 I get that same sense with Dr. K.  I remember him saying once, "I could work until midnight."

He did on my first HT.  We finished up gone 12.

I think I was the record holder for a while until another guy from London told me his lasted until nearly 1am.

• Like 2

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

On 9/19/2020 at 11:50 PM, ShadowMoon said:

Awesome that he was able to get you in on such short notice, work looks superb. 

Yes It was a gesture I truly appreciated given that he had a very busy week - I think the main message is that he wants his patients to be 110  percent satisfied.   

• Like 1

On 9/20/2020 at 8:53 AM, 1978matt said:

Nice.

How many grafts total is that now?

About 4000 now.  

approx 1500 in the crown 

2200 up front 

the remaining 300 to fill in gaps in the mid scalp. 

Btw you were one of my inspirations to seek out Dr Konior when I first discovered this forum.  So thank you! 

Edited by TimeForAction
  • Thanks 1

On 9/20/2020 at 9:10 AM, aaron1234 said:

💯 I get that same sense with Dr. K.  I remember him saying once, "I could work until midnight."  I'm not a physician like you @TimeForAction, but I try to think what he would do if he did what I did professionally.  A few descriptors that come to mind; details, enthusiasm, and integrity. 

The work looks great, of course.  I'm impressed with the density levels in your frontal third, it doesn't appear to have any gaps or weak spots.  Donor still looks immaculate.  Happy growing this 3rd round!

Yes I don’t think you have to be in the medical field at all to relate, professionally speaking.  The descriptors you used are something we can all understand in one way or another.  

thank you for the kind analysis.  😀

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

As others have said, this is a really intelligent and patient strategy that is turning your dome into a masterwork, ha. If I had the money, I'd definitely do it this way (although I probably wouldn't hesitate to begin with 2000 grafts). I also have a feeling your skin tone, head shape, and hair texture make this approach with a short cut look better than many. In short, it looks so clean and elegant it inspires me to take a more precise, mathematical outlook to everything I do! Looking forward to seeing your continued positive results!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/24/2020 at 3:41 PM, caricatura said:

As others have said, this is a really intelligent and patient strategy that is turning your dome into a masterwork, ha. If I had the money, I'd definitely do it this way (although I probably wouldn't hesitate to begin with 2000 grafts). I also have a feeling your skin tone, head shape, and hair texture make this approach with a short cut look better than many. In short, it looks so clean and elegant it inspires me to take a more precise, mathematical outlook to everything I do! Looking forward to seeing your continued positive results!

Thank you for the kind words. I have learned during this process that it’s the “illusion of density “ that HTs are trying to achieve , Dr K was very up front with that when I consulted way back in 2017.  

Keeping the hair short adds to that illusion I believe.  I was never big on styling my hair , so for me not a big deal.  But I think one has to keep expectations in check depending on the amount of hair loss, I had a lot.

I will say that if my crown density improves , I will grow my hair out longer a bit.  Nowadays I am going 2-3 weeks without a hair cut, and it’s not bothering me.... and I have thought of just cutting the sides.  It would probably look good now with some more hair on top .  Perhaps when I’m one year post op I will give it a try and post some pics here. 

Dude that is amazing !! How does your head look this good buzzed. You just gave me so much hope for the future in case o need another ht. I’d be so down if I was able to rock a buzz cut like this. Your head is framed, it looks full, no one could tell you had anything done.. even some smp is possible for a little more density. Great work 

• Like 1

• Administrators

You’re making excellent progress, top 99th percentile for the timeframe 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Here were some pics that I took at 10 months postop grown out 6 weeks under the same bathroom lighting (a bit harsher in fact as I took these myself).

This is the longest hair I had in 10 years, keep in mind that I am originally a NW4-5.

As you can see, the sides remain very thick in relation the lower density on top , and I also did not style or add anything to my hair.....so I started buzzing it to #3 again on top.  For this reason, I also went for another procedure for added density, with Dr Konior February 2022.

long7a.jpg.6ef104a1850921feee6ee1a3553cf269.jpglong11.jpg.9d4367254f68d22bea6e276eb8661ad7.jpg

Edited by TimeForAction