Best surgeon in Europe and Asia?

• Administrators

Below is our list of recommendations. That said, no one’s gonna do the research for you. Take a look at our surgeon reviews section and look at actual reviews. 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@jonathande if you are asking about the world capital of botched hair transplants that is Turkey it can only mean that you are on a tight budget but the best in Turkey is HLC Ankara at 2.5€/graft which is the same price as Dr. Bruno Ferreira in Porto that has a more advanced technique. Dr. Bruno like HLC does the whole surgery himself on just 1 patient per day (no point in going to HLC unless you need a mega session beard graft like I did).

One of the best in Europe is is Dr. Couto and he uses the same technique as Dr. Bruno but Couto is booked solid for the next 2 years and charges 4.5€/graft. 

Edited by Portugal25

38 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

Edited by Portugal25

15 minutes ago, transplantedphil said:

yep. 

hattingen are mighty impressive as well fro what ive seen, and there are cases by de freitas ive seen that i think are beautiful too.

Dr. Muresanu at Hattingen Clinic is the best option for a FUT mega session (3.45€/graft).

Feriduni designs perfect hairlines.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, T95good said:

@Melvin-Moderatoris there a reason HLC isn't included in the recommended surgeons/clinics list? 

I am curious because I am likely going there in December lol

I don’t know enough about them, doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Are they involved in the surgery? What are the doctors names. We only recommend surgeons, not clinics. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 minute ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I don’t know enough about them, doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Are they involved in the surgery? What are the doctors names. We only recommend surgeons, not clinics. 

I chose Pekiner (former surgeon at HLC) over HLC for this exact reason, I didn’t know what doctor at HLC would do the surgery and it’s pretty hard to compare HLC results when I don’t know the doctor responsable for the surgery. 

This being said all the results I saw from HLC were very good and they are masters at mega session using beards grafts just like Pekiner. However, I’m now aware that Pekiner aborts surgeries if he believes he can’t achieve a good result. 

If I didn’t need +1800 beard grafts I would not have considered Pekiner or HLC and would have booked Dr. Bruno Ferreira. 

On 9/20/2020 at 5:43 AM, Portugal25 said:

I chose Pekiner (former surgeon at HLC) over HLC for this exact reason, I didn’t know what doctor at HLC would do the surgery and it’s pretty hard to compare HLC results when I don’t know the doctor responsable for the surgery. 

This being said all the results I saw from HLC were very good and they are masters at mega session using beards grafts just like Pekiner. However, I’m now aware that Pekiner aborts surgeries if he believes he can’t achieve a good result. 

If I didn’t need +1800 beard grafts I would not have considered Pekiner or HLC and would have booked Dr. Bruno Ferreira. 

Can I ask why you would have chosen Dr. Ferreira over HLC or Dr. Pekiner when it seems like he has limitations that they do not?

56 minutes ago, PizzaWolf said:

Can I ask why you would have chosen Dr. Ferreira over HLC or Dr. Pekiner when it seems like he has limitations that they do not?

Dr. Ferreira is more skilled Doctor using a more advanced technique (works with Dr. Lorenzo’).

HLC and Pekiner are very good for mega sessions using beard grafts while Dr. Ferreira does smaller sessions around 600 beard grafts. 

@Portugal25 I respect your opinions but I think that the fact that your friend had good results from Ferreira effects your judgement too much. It is only one patient, you cant form an opinion based on that. And reviewing his results on the web, which are not many, show that he is not bad but still not amazing, definitely not close to Pekiner's results, which are pretty crazy, his density and hairlines are of the best I have seen (not going into the whole abortion thing now). In a close price there are more options even outside turkey like Dr Maras in cyprus which is better I think.

Edited by karatekid
  • Like 1

@karatekid I agree that Pekiner has a lot more of his work available with more than 55 patients posting their results and several truly amazing results but @PT#31 went to both Pekiner (HLC trained) and Dr. Bruno (trained by Lorenzo) and he explained the several differences in Dr. BF technique that uses a smaller punch, pain free anesthesia and surgery, cleaner donor areas, higher number of grafts per day (reducing number of days of surgery). 

I have no doubt that at this price point 2.25€-2.5€/graft the best choices are Dr.BF, Pekiner and HLC but I tend to sway to Dr. BF because of his skills, the risk of aborted surgery at Pekiner and the European location of his clinic (Ancara is really really bad). 

2 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

I have no doubt that at this price point 2.25€-2.5€/graft the best choices are Dr.BF, Pekiner and HLC but I tend to sway to Dr. BF because of his skills, the risk of aborted surgery at Pekiner and the European location of his clinic (Ancara is really really bad). 

What's wrong with Ankara?

You feel like you have landed in a small Russian city but with a lot of muslins.
Nobody speaks English at the airport! 5 star Hotel that had only 1 person that spoke English.  
City itself is ugly and stuck in time. 
Facebook, Twitter and Youtube are banned here and as you can imagine there’s no uber or uber eats.
Its not really a safe place to go to due to their government regime so I told my wife it was best for her to stay home with the kids (if I had went to Porto we would have gotten a babysitter and turned my HT into a second honeymoon). 

You hear the Mosk chanting on the loud speakers something that resembles a grown man crying/singing which seems to be the Mosk telling everyone in the city that it’s time to pray. It’s ok the first one or two days because it’s was something I never experienced but after 2 days closed in the Hotel room listening to this it can become very annoying.

Obviously what matters is the results of our surgery so I happily endured being in this weird place for 5 nights because i trusted I was getting a great crown reconstruction with a mega session of beard grafts.

If I didn’t need a mega session with beard grafts I would surely have went to the trendy European city of Porto instead where Dr. BF does a more advanced technique for a slightly higher price than Pekiner. 

Dr. BF is by the beach at Espinho (20m drive from the airport) but about 1h drive from the Airport you find the Douro Valley which is the oldest wine region in the world. In the city of Porto you have world famous Port Wine wineries so obviously nothing like going to Ankara. 

You can’t compare going to the Portuguese equivalent of Napa Valley (but with much more breathtaking scenery) to a small muslin city stuck in time.

To give you some prespective check out Six Senses Douro Valley below with the hillside vineyards  :)

Hotel_Six_Senses_Douro_Valley_Luxury_Resort.jpg

Edited by Portugal25
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Portugal25 said:

You feel like you have landed in a small Russian city but with a lot of muslins.
Nobody speaks English at the airport! 5 star Hotel that had only 1 person that spoke English.  
Facebook, Twitter and Youtube are banned here and as you can imagine there’s no uber or uber eats.
Its not really a safe place to go to due to their government regime so I told my wife it was best for her to stay home with the kids (if I had went to Porto we would have gotten a babysitter and turned my HT into a second honeymoon). 

You hear the church chanting on the loud speakers something that resembles a grown man crying/singing which seems to be  the church telling everyone in the city that it’s time to pray. It’s ok the first one or two days because it’s was something I never experienced but after 2 days closed in the Hotel room listening to this it can become very annoying.

Obviously what matters is the results of our surgery so I happily endured being in this weird place for 5 nights because i trusted I was getting a great crown reconstruction with a mega session of beard grafts.

If I didn’t need a mega session with beard grafts I would surely have went to the trendy European city of Porto instead where Dr. BF does a more advanced technique for a slightly higher price than Pekiner. 

Dr. BF is by the beach at Espinho (20m drive from the airport) but about 1h drive from the Airport you find the Douro Valley which is the oldest wine region in the world and in the city of Porto you have world famous Port Wine wineries so obviously nothing like going to Ancara. 

You can’t compare going to the Portuguese equivalent of Napa Valley (but with much more breathtaking scenery) to a small muslin city stuck in time.
To give you some prespective check out Six Senses Douro Valley below with the hillside vineyards  :)

Looks amazing, I wished I could enjoy the traveling and the attractions of the place I go to for the transplant (where ever it will be), but I dont think I could, I will be too worried and nervous the days before the surgery, and will be too embarassed to walk around with weird looking head the days after, and probably with physical discomfort and pain.

When I had my FUT at Dr. Rahal at the time we all swelled up like a elephant after the FUT surgery there were foreigners at my Hotel that also had a HT and they adventured out with a hat to get to know the city. They ofcourse swelled up much worse than I did but I just joined them for dinner at a steakhouse.

Nowadays with a Doctor only surgery doing DHI or Stick&Place there’s absolutely no swelling and we can enjoy some time out of the bedroom without much concern. 
If I had my wife with me and was not in dreary Ankara I would surely have taken in the sights before the surgery and the restaurant scene after the surgery  (refraining from too much walking around ofcourse) but I’m the kind of guy that went back to work 10 days after surgery and told his colleagues all about the HT so I could care less if the guy at restaurant table is looking at my bandages (never gonna see that person again). 

Edited by Portugal25

20 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

You hear the Mosk chanting on the loud speakers something that resembles a grown man crying/singing which seems to be the Mosk telling everyone in the city that it’s time to pray. It’s ok the first one or two days because it’s was something I never experienced but after 2 days closed in the Hotel room listening to this it can become very annoying.

Dr. BF is by the beach at Espinho (20m drive from the airport) but about 1h drive from the Airport you find the Douro Valley which is the oldest wine region in the world. In the city of Porto you have world famous Port Wine wineries so obviously nothing like going to Ankara. 

I am sorry but lot of wrong information you have given about Ankara city, first of all why do you think it is not a safe place can you give an example? howcome you felt like in a small Russian city in Ankara while it is such a big city with a lot of lively streets, restaurants, cafes and 5 star hotels. I understand that you dont like Ankara it's very normal (i really love it though), however you cant say it's small city. Plus youtube, twitter and instagram are not banned in Turkey.

Edited by kiokbs

48 minutes ago, kiokbs said:

I am sorry but lot of wrong information you have given about Ankara city, first of all why do you think it is not a safe place can you give an example? howcome you felt like in a small Russian city in Ankara while it is such a big city with a lot of lively streets, restaurants, cafes and 5 star hotels. I understand that you dont like Ankara it's very normal (i really love it though), however you cant say it's small city. Plus youtube, twitter and instagram are not banned in Turkey.

@kiokbs I had issues using social media when I was there and Ankara is nothing like Istambul where you do have lively streets full of tourists, amazing sites to visit, foreigners in the streets and local people speaking English. 

You have to bear in mind that you are talking with someone that lives in the 3rd safest country in the world (only beat by two remote islands: New Zealand and Iceland) so obviously a Portuguese is going to be extra cautious when travelling to a country that is considered one of the 14 least safe countries in the world according the Global Peace Index below:

http://visionofhumanity.org/app/uploads/2020/06/GPI_2020_web.pdf

I guess the ranking atributed to Turley could be related to the fact that Turkey sits next to Syria and it`s nation capital - Ankara - is most likely not the safest place along with any location that is close to the Syrian border.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/turkey/terrorism

Edited by Portugal25

44 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

@kiokbs I had issues using social media when I was there and Ankara is nothing like Istambul where you do have lively streets full of tourists, amazing sites to visit, foreigners in the streets and local people speaking English. 

You have to bear in mind that you are talking with someone that lives in the 3rd safest country in the world (only beat by two remote islands: New Zealand and Iceland) so obviously a Portuguese is going to be extra cautious when travelling to a country that is considered one of the 14 least safe countries in the world according the Global Peace Index below:

http://visionofhumanity.org/app/uploads/2020/06/GPI_2020_web.pdf

I guess the ranking atributed to Turley could be related to the fact that Turkey sits next to Syria and it`s nation capital - Ankara - is most likely not the safest place along with any location that is close to the Syrian border.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/turkey/terrorism

Well i'd like to see Portugal in the future as a guy who is open minded and likes traveling. You know that those statistics standards doesn't always illustrate the reality. For sure the less people means the safer place to staying in, so it's normal Turkey can not be as safe as Portugal while it has 8 times bigger population. But it doesn't mean Ankara is not safe to travel. Also if it was dangerous to stay in Ankara, you know it's capital of Turkey, Turkey would not be 6th most visited countries in the world. I appreciate your opinions, just tried to make clear some of your inaccurate information about Ankara city. 

Edited by kiokbs

I do agree do that statistics don`t ilustrate the full reality of each country because in big countries like Turkey or US the safety in one city can be appaling but then it`s super safe in other cities.

Turkey ranks high in tourism because of Istambul and Antalaya. The closest a tourist will get to Ankara is when they go visit the rock site of Cappadocia or the Pamukkale Hot Springs. Most tourists don`t even know Ankara is the nation capital because nobody goes to Ankara.

@jonathande sorry we got off topic! My point was that having a HT in Europe will a be a better and safer experience than going to Ankara. I went to Ankara because I had low donor supply so I needed 2000 beard grafts and HLC/Pekiner are the best option for mega sessions using beard grafts.