Will 3-500 grafts make a decent coverage difference ? Hair looks a little better when longer

• Administrators

Invest in toppik; problem solved. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Omg. Please don't go for a transplant. You don't need it. Plus if you force new grafts in that area, the end results will look the same or even worse because of loss of the existing hair due to shock loss. Medicines should be more than sufficient for you.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

Have a read up on preventative medications such as finasteride - spend a good few days/weeks looking through forums, threads, clinical studies, research papers, youtube videos etc. and decide whether you feel its something you perceive to be worthwhile and you are comfortable with. i

It may be able to re thicken some of your thinned out hairs if you are able to catch them quick enough. 

Minoxidil is another medication that may or may not be of use to you - again, I encourage you to read up and research it for a considerable amount of time before deciding on pursuing it. 

And like the others have mentioned - concealers such as toppik may be a quick fix option you are comfortable with. 

Other than that, you look in pretty good shape - your hair calibre appears to be very thick and wavy, which bodes well for coverage. 

All of that hair you currently have in your thinning crown will be permanently shocked out if you get a HT.  Get on fin, don't get a HT.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I also think that finasteride would potentially benefit you greatly...try that first before any surgery.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

@1978matt @gillenator @aaron1234 @Curious25 @Melvin-Moderator @JohnAC71 @Gabreille Nelson Mukhia Thank you all for your response . I feel that maybe that picture , wasn’t the best photo to you. Because my hair is purposely combed to attempt to cover the area up more . The photos added to this response may better explain the small area , I was hoping to conservatively address With 3-500 grafts . Because it’s getting difficult to camouflage now. I am familiar with topik. And even if I addd 3-500 I would still you is but it’s just one  really light spot. That I would like to cover up just a bit. Also I have been on medication for over a year now . I will say it has not regrow any hair but has pretty much halted Here in a stand still position . I am going in for some frontal work in a few weeks . And I just feel that if I’m going to go I should address both areas while there so I’m not worrying about this every day . Thanks 

729D0CFA-396D-48E9-9998-B251088975F8.jpeg

B23F63A1-8B38-456E-BB12-96FCACF069C6.png

40BB5408-6BC4-4418-A729-E964E75057D4.jpeg

Edited by Chances101

• Administrators

Do NOT get a hair transplant! You can fix that tiny spot with a shake of toppik. You could permanently shock the hair around it and look worse, it’s not worth the risk and cost. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Chances101 said:

I am going in for some frontal work in a few weeks . And I just feel that if I’m going to go I should address both areas while there so I’m not worrying about this every day 

Big mistake bro... don't say we didn't warn ya.

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Frontal work? Doesnt look like you have any other loss.

Please consider what everyone has said regarding your crown though.

The strong possibility it could actually end up looking worse if it shocks out the surrounding hair. It will then be a lot more noticeable than it is now. 

The risk of potential shock loss is true and especially when the area has diffused loss.

Only a small percentage of men who start low dose finasteride experience new growth however significantly slowing the loss is imperative and a huge win.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY