Vera clinic

I don't know, but I have the impression that it is one of the hundreds of hair mills in Turkey.  Did you ask who are the surgeons operating in that place?  Have you contacted any real patients who have had a transplant with them?  I don't mean reviews seen on Trustpilot or Google, but on real forums like this one.

I agree to be careful. There are a few very good clinics in Turkey, but many more not so good clinics. I have personally seen several patients who had a procedure in Turkey and were very unhappy and had no desire to fly back there to try and see if the clinic would do anything for them. Sometimes saving some money initially can end up costing you more in the long run. No clinic I know of here in the states can pay the technicians less than $1 per hour and can charge the prices they do in Turkey.

• Thanks 1

On 9/16/2020 at 12:12 AM, Egy said:

I don't know, but I have the impression that it is one of the hundreds of hair mills in Turkey.  Did you ask who are the surgeons operating in that place?  Have you contacted any real patients who have had a transplant with them?  I don't mean reviews seen on Trustpilot or Google, but on real forums like this one.

Hey Egy!

On 9/16/2020 at 12:12 AM, Egy said:

Hej Egy!

firstly many thanks for your mail.  yes I have asked directly by email who will operate on me and have received an email return stating that it is dr.  Gokhan Vayni who has to do it on me.  think they seemed very professional and organized but that's just my gut feeling and nothing else.

Please look elsewhere and not just this clinic which is just another hairmill like the 100s of others.

Ask them just how much the Dr is involved, or what’s more likely is that they draw you hairline and then leave you to the techs.

And you need to see real world patient reviews not just the cherry picked ones on the website.

If you want affordable then maybe @Portugal25 would be kind enough to share his comprehensive list of decent (and known)Drs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@DaliborI've never heard of this doctor, I've been going to forums for a few years.  Even if they told you that the doctor Gokan Vayni will operate on you, it doesn't necessarily mean that he really does, and besides, what guarantees do you have that he is really a doctor?  Listen to the advice of @JohnAC71 , do not rely on unknown or alleged clinics, in Turkey there is no control over health by the authorities, anyone can open a site, claiming to be a clinic, rent rooms  operators in the big hospitals of Istanbul and to operate young trainees or even people who until the day before were waiters or carpenters.  Be careful, hair transplant is a real surgery.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

This is also very true. Turkish clinics will switch Drs on the day of surgery. And you really don’t want to become a repair patient after a poor result. We have seen this happen time and time again. 

@JohnAC71 and @Egy thanks A lot for your inputs.

I will write to the clinic about how much Doctor Vayni will be involved in my surgery right away.  and will also ask them if they can send me real pictures of people who have done transplantation with them.  I have been recommended to have my hair transplant done at Hair Palace in Hungary.  Have you heard of them?

I have never even heard of this clinic or alleged one, listen to the advice of @JohnAC71 if you can contact @Portugal25 even with private msg, he is the most updated member on hair transplant surgeons / clinics, from the least expensive  to the most expensive.  It could definitely help you in your choice.

Edited by Egy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dalibor said:

and will also ask them if they can send me real pictures of people who have done transplantation with them.

This is not a guarantee either, they could send you photos of who knows which doctor who has done who knows what transplant, the only certainties are the reviews on this forum, of real patients who have published photos of their transplants from the beginning to the end of the path.

There are so many quality Drs you could choose. Please take on board our advice to research more on other better clinics. As tempting as it might be to go for a “nice price” clinic you will most likely regret it after and become a repair case. These grafts we have is a finite amount and we need to use them wisely.

Clincs can and will say anything to get you to have a Ht with them. You have experienced members and a actual Dr warning you of the dangers here.

Keep on researching more and keep in touch with the community here. We just have your best interests at heart. 

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Egy said:

This is not a guarantee either, they could send you photos of who knows which doctor who has done who knows what transplant, the only certainties are the reviews on this forum, of real patients who have published photos of their transplants from the beginning to the end of the path.

@Egy yeah thats so true. I have written to Portugal25 to hear him about👍

• Like 2

Thank you @JohnAC71 and @Egy don´t know if the prices are still correct because with Covid-19 anything can happen.

@Dalibor I know Vera Clinic because they were making false claims on their website suggesting they were affiliated with HRN and @Melvin-Moderator had to approach them so they would remove HRN from their website.

There`s 1 patient on the Turkish forum showing his results from Vera Clinic and he`s been clearly overharvested.

This is one of thousand of low cost Turkish Hairmills with shady behaviour and tech run surgeries. They will tell you what you want to hear for you to book your flight but when you arrive you will find the Doctor is either not present or doing several surgeries at the same time (most of the work done by techs that could have been Taxi drivers 2 months before doing your surgery).

Turkey is the world capital of botched hair transplants for a reason!

If you already have the plane ticket for Istambul then see if Dr. Demirsoy is available to do your surgery beacause he`s the cheapest doing 1 patient per day he does however have techs doing the implatation of the grafts in pre-made slits (for me this was a dealbraker).

There are several other Doctors with more precise and skilled techniques doing just 1 patient per day but all of them are more expensive.

Check the prices below:

List.jpg

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

Thank you @JohnAC71 and @Egy don´t know if the prices are still correct because with Covid-19 anything can happen.

@Dalibor I know Vera Clinic because they were making false claims on their website suggesting they were affiliated with HRN and @Melvin-Moderator had to approach them so they would HRN from their website.

This is one of thousand of low cost Turkish Hairmills with shady behaviour and tech run surgeries. They will tell you what you want to hear for you to book your flight but when you arrive you will find the Doctor is either not present or doing several surgeries at the same time (most of the work done by techs that could have been Taxi drivers 2 months before doing your surgery).

Turkey is the world capital of botched hair transplants for a reason!

If you already have the plane ticket for Istambul then see if Dr. Demirsoy is available to do your surgery beacause he`s the cheapest doing 1 patient per day he does howecer have the techs implant the grafts

There are several other better options but all of them are more expensive.

Check the prices below:

List.jpg

@Portugal25 thanks a lot for your answer. I will try to contact dr. Demirsoy👍

• Administrators

I recall Vera clinic writing an article about out forum, and in the end of the article lying that we only recommend surgeons in the US, and in Turkey they operate with the same integrity. 

My advice DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH! No one is gonna research for you. Lists are starting points for research. Look at actual patient reviews.

Don’t choose a surgeon just because they’re the cheapest, choose them because they have the best results. In the end, it’s all about the results. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.