I received a hair transplant in March of 2020 and I’m seeing no results

Steele

I received a FUE 1200 graph hair transplant on my crown in March of 2020 and it’s now September and it looks and feels like I’ve received zero results. This would be my second hair transplant and I made sure to be extremely careful the first month after the surgery with the hair graphs.  I use a strict regiment as well of dutasteride, rogaine, ketoconazole shampoo 2%, IRestore laser helmet. I’ve taken pictures through out the process. I’m just wondering if this is a failed surgery and I need to contact my hair doctor. The first photo was taken 1 week prior to the surgery. The second photo was take 1 week ago. The other photos are the progression up to the second photo in order.  

42E5BC4A-861D-4B0F-B6F0-F39E7B155C53.jpeg

43C2B4D1-A67C-42D4-84F6-625D2580D4F0.png

BC8D24FE-A08A-4898-B9CE-CF5259CC77BF.png

B25597AA-0778-4309-B35E-6253F0A0C0C8.png

A9B65C44-0117-443D-8B32-535EAFC5EA7A.png

8419BDEF-BA52-41AA-A5B0-7ECBBCDEA653.png

Edited by Steele
Pictures were out of order

So a year prior I got a hair transplant on my front hair line and it went fantastic as well amazing results. This would be my second hair transplant  but first primarily focused on the crown. 

Edited by Steele
Clarification

I agree with what Phil said in regards to managing your expectations for crown work differently than you would for the hairline. While I agree that as of now, there's not a clear cosmetic difference, A) it's still relatively early and B) the crown is notorious for being particularly challenging anyway, so be extra patient with it. I think this could still work out in your favor, and all you can really do at the moment is monitor it over the next couple months and see if you start seeing some progress. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Crown transplants can take longer to progress. Usually upto 18 months. Keep monitoring and dont be concerned at this stage. 

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• Administrators

6 months is too early to call it a failure, the crown can take longer to grow. Stay patient, wish you the best.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.