Drastic loss / Eczema / 2nd FUE / Turkey

Had my first and only HT approx. 12yrs ago at the age of 24 (FUE approx. 1600 grafts) with Dr. Feriduni in Belgium.

Pre op my hair was good and full on top, except my badly receeding hairline. I was prob NW 3.

The doctor filled in the area around my hairline.

My results (until recently) were decent. Because of my hair characteristics being thick and dark I was able to keep my hair around down to my eyebrow length and style in a way where it worked. However there was definitely a problem with a lesser density in the grafted area. It would really show if my hair was wet or if it was windy.

About 1 year ago I was on vacation and was having my hair styled every day. Upon returning I remember that last day I left the hair spray and didn’t wash my hair for 3 days. After that I noticed I had Huge pieces of dry skin which I thought was dandruff but my barber confirmed to me that it was more serious. Eventually I found out it was scalp eczema (which I never had before). Since then I been trying to treat it but it keeps coming and going.

Since then I’ve noticed 2 things mainly regarding the grafted area;

1)     Relating to the grafted hairs, even though the density was already not great feels like its worse. Could this be possible?

2)     Relating to the natural hairs on the front of my hairline (basically the U that I had). Definitely lost a lot there. Although first reaction may be to assume that its natural hairloss over time I don’t think that’s the case because of the drasticness of loss and coinciding with the eczema and I know my hair is in good shape, I just have a receding hairline. I have read that natural hair around transplant area can be affected and lost. What makes most sense here. If the hairs are affected by the OP does this usually happen near the time of the OP or could it be 10 years down the road?

Now I am planning to schedule 2nd OP in Turkey (due to cost) asap. I have been recommended Dr. Serkan Aygin.

I have so many questions;

-        Do you guys know anything about this doctor? Or can you recommend someone for Hairline Fue?

-        Are there any new technology equipment that I need to confirm the doctor uses before making my decision?

-        Does anyone know anything about scalp eczema and how that may factor in for a surgery?

-        Is it possible that I have lost some of the grafted hairs?

-        The natural hairs on my hairline….. Could they be falling from the eczema?

Pls help guys. Any and all help is greatly appreciated! I have uploaded 2 sets of pics; !st set are from approx. 3 yrs ago. 2nd set are current pics. I shaved my head now because i cant even have hair anymore. The change that has happened over this year has been drastic imo. Hopefully pics can show.

Thanks in advance, 

848935603_Copyof20170926_193050.thumb.jpg.b9e555b49b6dcc48dd41540db00622ee.jpg20171001_201502.thumb.jpg.e0da2947ba38e35217d1e30647b3a359.jpg20170926_205830.thumb.jpg.7e04b999d32a69cfa764de409406a93c.jpg20170926_193934.thumb.jpg.9ed1773e206a4b8aa12c927506e7e63c.jpg20170926_193753.thumb.jpg.6e292c32a844908d13ba4cc7297bc99e.jpg

CURRENT SITUATION:

20200913_151010.thumb.jpg.9f3d7617b8b96f6e081d1359448a08d5.jpg20200913_151232.thumb.jpg.f834958f240dc0e6cdaf83ba54703544.jpg768729910_20200913_151232(1).thumb.jpg.1cefa75f32e8cda6b890ac5f6c7e821a.jpg20200913_151042.thumb.jpg.b575e0ea12e557f12b4ac99e9ebc6bb8.jpg20200913_151021.thumb.jpg.e1a01bd9a9d614636e23330f22add7d1.jpg

Please reconsider going to a “nice price” Turkey hair mill. You chose a really decent Dr last time. I know you mentioned affordability but there are much better options if you do some more research.
Have you seen a dermatologist regarding your scalp flaking? They would be best to deal with this issue. 
You should not lose grafts from this. I suffer with the same. 

• Like 1

Actually since making initial post I been researching...... Not looking good for Serkan Aygin.

Maybe Turkey isnt the best choice. I can do Europe/Asia. North America is just too far for me. 

Im becoming interested in Eugenix. Gonna keep researching them.

Could you guys advise me if I contact a clinic; what are the new type of technology methods that I should ask about to make sure they use?

I really like results for Wesley Sneijder (Soccer player). Not sure if anyone seen it but I think its amazing. Upon simple google search I found that he had it done by Dr. Gho. However while Im researching him all the posts on Dr. Gho are from several years ago. Any feedback on Dr. Gho?

Regarding flaking issue, I have visited a dermatologist and was told by him that it is eczema. He perscribed me a cream which I use. However it is like a chronic thing which flares up and dies back down every few weeks or so. I haven't been able to completely kick it. One thing I would mention is that I started using Castor oil to help with scalp recently and although Im not certain, I do feel like so far the castor oil has shown some hair thickening. Maybe its my delusions but there is a possibility that the castor oil is helping some hairs come back.

Thanks 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kid said:

Actually since making initial post I been researching...... Not looking good for Serkan Aygin.

Maybe Turkey isnt the best choice. I can do Europe/Asia. North America is just too far for me. 

Could you guys advise me if I contact a clinic; what are the new type of technology methods that I should ask about to make sure they use?

I really like results for Wesley Sneijder (Soccer player). Not sure if anyone seen it but I think its amazing. Upon simple google search I found that he had it done by Dr. Gho. However while Im researching him all the posts on Dr. Gho are from several years ago. Any feedback on Dr. Gho?

Regarding flaking issue, I have visited a dermatologist and was told by him that it is eczema. He perscribed me a cream which I use. However it is like a chronic thing which flares up and dies back down every few weeks or so. I haven't been able to completely kick it. One thing I would mention is that I started using Castor oil to help with scalp recently and although Im not certain, I do feel like so far the castor oil has shown some hair thickening. Maybe its my delusions but there is a possibility that the castor oil is helping some hairs come back.

Thanks 

If it is eczema, did you get a red rash on your scalp? The photos you posted don't indicate eczema but I'm assuming they're before and afters? Have you done anything to treat it?

This is quite the roller coaster ride, I'm sorry to hear what happened. 

I would not get another hair transplant until you figure out what happened with this first one. If you are not on finasteride, it could be that your male pattern baldness kicked into overdrive and started weakening the transplanted hairs. I have yet to see definitive proof that transplanted hairs are permanent for all patients.

You have patterned loss which indicates male pattern baldness to me, but a dermatologist's opinion would be valuable in understanding the situation better. In addition, schedule an appointment with Dr. Feriduni to examine your donor and recipient areas, and to give an explanation why this could have happened. 

Edited by asterix0

12 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Excellent choice if your thinking Eugenix! I was hoping you might find them upon further research.  
If you can I would stick to clinics where you can find real patient results and not just the cherry pic ones they will have on there website.

Thank you for your reference.

• Like 1

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

13 hours ago, kid said:

Thanks 

Have you received the evaluated details from us sir?

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

Serkan Aygin and dr gho? Please step back before making a decision you will regret. Aygin runs a Turkish hair mill. Gho is a delusioned Doctor that was trying to tell the world he had figured out hair cloning.

you went to a very good doctor for the first round.

id figure out how to get your eczema under control first. See a dermatologist so they can examine u. If it’s Truly eczema then things like topical steroids and possibly coal tar shampoo can help but you’ll need a doctor to confirm.

i assume you live in Europe. There’s many good options there: feriduni, bisanga, hattingen, Lorenzo, Freitas, hdc, etc. Consult with as many reputable docs as possible