Is Clasceterone CB-03-01 The Hair Loss Cure We've Been Waiting For?

• Administrators

I'm gonna be giving this a shot, a forum member reached out to me and gave me a credible source. I want to know from those of you who have tried it, did you notice any side effects? Did you see a difference? I will be documenting my experience on here and on YouTube, so stay tuned!

Is Clasceterone CB-03-01 The Hair Loss Cure We've Been Waiting For?

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Will look forward to following this. 

I'm not researched on Breezula at all - having just read through the article you have written, with reference to the following; 

''Clascaterone will keep DHT from binding to the androgen receptors on the scalp, without eliminating DHT in the body' 

Does this imply that Clascaterone essentially acts as a form of DHT shield around androgen receptors local to where it is applied, as opposed to inhibiting type I and II 5AR enzymes?

Which potency? 7.5% also is reported to thicken the hair. Will be curious to see how harsh these formulation are in terms of skin irritation and of course how expensive$$$.

Best of luck and thank you for your pioneering efforts!

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Curious25 said:

I'm not researched on Breezula at all - having just read through the article you have written, with reference to the following; 

''Clascaterone will keep DHT from binding to the androgen receptors on the scalp, without eliminating DHT in the body' 

Does this imply that Clascaterone essentially acts as a form of DHT shield around androgen receptors local to where it is applied, as opposed to inhibiting type I and II 5AR enzymes?

Yes, in theory that is correct. That is why it does not alter your hormone profile at all. That is the only reason why I'll be taking it. Now, it remains to be seen whether it will be as effective as finasteride, but even if it's 75% as effective without the side effects its a game changer for sure.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

3 hours ago, Curious25 said:

If I understand correctly about androgen receptors (and I might be wrong), It won't be a "DHT shield". Androgen receptors are binding with DHT thus producing adverse effects which is MPB. Androgen receptors are also binding with T, thus they're competing, thus some theories that high T increases hair loss too. Anyways, It supposedly works in a similar fashion like RU58841. CB-03-01 will be competing for androgen receptor binding with DHT & T, thus minimizing % of DHT binding, thus less miniaturisation. Not a complete cure, but definitely a huge help.

I'm just curious, if DHT won't be reduced systemically, where all of this extra DHT will go in the body if it will be unable to bind on the scalp androgen receptors.
Of course there will be other debates. Some people say scalp hair follicles in people with MPB are sensitive to DHT, meaning any other non balding men theoretically should have similar DHT levels in the body, but less sensitivity, thus less hair loss.

Interesting topic and definitely curious to see more info and results on it.

Edited by Rolandas
  • Like 1

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

couple questions..

1) what is the texture/consistency of this? is it a foam like rogaine? or a liquid? 

2) melvin, what are you looking to get out of taking this drug? it seems like most of the hair on your head is transplanted and you have little hair left to "save". are you hoping this revives some follicles and get regrowth?

3) how easily is it to get this?

this seems like a no brainer to try

edit: I've always been skeptical of things being absorbed through the scalp. it just doesnt seem real to me. idk what it is lol

Edited by hairlossPA

• Administrators
2 hours ago, hairlossPA said:

couple questions..

1) what is the texture/consistency of this? is it a foam like rogaine? or a liquid? 

2) melvin, what are you looking to get out of taking this drug? it seems like most of the hair on your head is transplanted and you have little hair left to "save". are you hoping this revives some follicles and get regrowth?

3) how easily is it to get this?

this seems like a no brainer to try

edit: I've always been skeptical of things being absorbed through the scalp. it just doesnt seem real to me. idk what it is lol

I believe its a powder that you mix into minoxidil. 

I’m looking to reinvigorate some hair around my crown, nothing major, but mostly I want to track it for the communities benefit.

I have a credible source from someone on the forum, I tried RU58841 in 2014, it wasn’t very hard to get.

• Thanks 1

View my thread

• Administrators
3 hours ago, IronGymmer said:

Is this a possible replacement for finasteride? And how expensive will it be?

It’s about $100 I’m not sure how long it will last, I’m assuming two months, but depends on whether you apply once a day or twice a day. In theory, this medicine would be better, because it would attach to the hair follicles androgen receptors. Thus, preventing DHT.

View my thread

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Curious said:

If it's like most acne meds, it's a topical cream.  I doubt that there would be any powder you could buy to mix with minox.

You can buy the actual powder from an online source, it’s not the actual pharma grade topical medication. 

View my thread

So in terms of using it off label at the moment for hair loss - do you have to be taking minoxidil aswell to use as a mixing agent, or would you be able to mix up the powder in some other way to apply it? 

Where did you get your knowledge and research surrounding the treatment Melvin, do you feel confident enough that you fully understand the mechanism behind it, or is your main goal more of a selfless one for the communities benefit an be the guinea pig? 

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

So in terms of using it off label at the moment for hair loss - do you have to be taking minoxidil aswell to use as a mixing agent, or would you be able to mix up the powder in some other way to apply it? 

Where did you get your knowledge and research surrounding the treatment Melvin, do you feel confident enough that you fully understand the mechanism behind it, or is your main goal more of a selfless one for the communities benefit an be the guinea pig? 

I got it from Dr. Arochas interpretation of the clinical studies. Check out Arochas site, he’s got quality information there on future treatments. 

• Like 1

View my thread

On 9/12/2020 at 1:16 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

I believe its a powder that you mix into minoxidil. 

About mixing it with minoxidil, won't that make it more difficult to judge how well it works? Assuming the final hair loss formulation is not going to contain minoxidil among its ingredients.

• Administrators
14 hours ago, ciaus said:

About mixing it with minoxidil, won't that make it more difficult to judge how well it works? Assuming the final hair loss formulation is not going to contain minoxidil among its ingredients.

That may be true, but i've been using minoxidil for over 5 years now, so if I see a boost, it will be because of the CB-03-01. By the way there was troll on here whom i've had to ban. I just want to make it clear, i'm in no way endorsing others to use this product. I'm not a doctor, and if it's off-label. I only want to share my journey.

• Thanks 1

View my thread

On 9/11/2020 at 4:59 PM, Rolandas said:

If I understand correctly about androgen receptors (and I might be wrong), It won't be a "DHT shield". Androgen receptors are binding with DHT thus producing adverse effects which is MPB. Androgen receptors are also binding with T, thus they're competing, thus some theories that high T increases hair loss too. Anyways, It supposedly works in a similar fashion like RU58841. CB-03-01 will be competing for androgen receptor binding with DHT & T, thus minimizing % of DHT binding, thus less miniaturisation. Not a complete cure, but definitely a huge help.

I'm just curious, if DHT won't be reduced systemically, where all of this extra DHT will go in the body if it will be unable to bind on the scalp androgen receptors.
Of course there will be other debates. Some people say scalp hair follicles in people with MPB are sensitive to DHT, meaning any other non balding men theoretically should have similar DHT levels in the body, but less sensitivity, thus less hair loss.

Interesting topic and definitely curious to see more info and results on it.

Not a doctor but here is my thinking. If the med has a higher affinity (think higher magnetic ability) to bind to the androgen receptors then it will out-compete specific androgens whether it be t or dht. Just like dht has a higher affinity than t. So if the concentration is high enough, vehicle supports good absorption for the topical to get to where it needs, and the chemical has a higher affinity, then the dht just doesn’t get as much of a chance to bind to the androgen receptor and turn on genes within the cells to trigger cell apoptosis/inflammation/etc.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 8:12 PM, Curious said:

I would be surprised if it was as cheap as $100 a month.  New topical medications for acne are quite expensive, around $500 a month.

The fda recently approved a lower concentration for acne. However, these cheap sources that are cited here are black market product that is manufactured in China.

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2020 at 1:25 PM, LonelyGraft said:

Not a doctor but here is my thinking. If the med has a higher affinity (think higher magnetic ability) to bind to the androgen receptors then it will out-compete specific androgens whether it be t or dht. Just like dht has a higher affinity than t. So if the concentration is high enough, vehicle supports good absorption for the topical to get to where it needs, and the chemical has a higher affinity, then the dht just doesn’t get as much of a chance to bind to the androgen receptor and turn on genes within the cells to trigger cell apoptosis/inflammation/etc.

Apparently it has a very low binding affinity, so it isn't very competitive at the receptor. I don't believe there is enough research yet to treat it as a good stand a lone treatment and perhaps not enough to justify its current price. On anagen it sells for $100 for 1 gram and you'd have to get a vehicle like stemoxydine, KB or even minoxidil like Melvin mentioned. The studies released this year showed that 7.5% BID (taken twice a day) was the most effective after 6 months and a year. So it could potentially cost something like $100 a month to use with its optimal effect, this would likely change when it hits the market in a few years. Maybe Melvin could speak more on how much its costing him for his current dosage. I think its probably a very good option to add for someone who is on finasteride and adds it to minoxidil.. if you had the money to support it, I think the safety profile of it makes it a good add on. 

@Hairgain22 Yes CB-03-01 is Breezula and also called clascatrone