Best FUE surgeon anywhere in the world for Norwood Grade IV

14 hours ago, follically challenged said:

Couto certainly uploads some fantastic results, but let's be honest, almost every case seems to be that thick, black Spanish donor hair.

Unless I'm wrong and he has done work on some finer blonde hair patients, please let me know. 

Yes good point. I would be curious to know as well.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the spanish guys I know have hair like that, and when they blow dry it back in the video it reveals the micro irregularities. I wouldnt guess it was a HT from looking. pretty astonishing stuff

In my opinion, Eugenix have the biggest portfolio of successful Norwood 7 patients. 

Norwood 5-7 Eugenix has the biggest portfolio, Hasson and Wong is up there too.

Posted Images

On 9/12/2020 at 1:27 AM, Curious25 said:

He has a youtube channel that frequently posts results that will blow your mind away. 

Before the deserving admiration you give to his work, you have to take into consideration that the patients that feature in his videos are cherry picked cases, and they tend to have exceptional donor qualities. 

None the less, results like this in a recently posted video I have just came across are absolutely outstanding. 

To create this illusion with 1700 grafts, regardless of the hair calibre being above average, is as good as it gets in 2020. 

Wow. That is beautiful. Looks so good...

• Like 1

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

On 9/11/2020 at 11:37 PM, JohnAC71 said:

I love the FUE work Eugenix (India) has been doing lately. Especially with the higher Norwood levels. Lots of real patient results and the clinic posting them regularly too. 

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate it a lot. 💗

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

On 9/11/2020 at 7:45 PM, transplantedphil said:

If you were doing the 4000 -4500 grafts all in one go then the mega session clinics like H&W, Hattingen and Eugenix are the ones you look at.

Keser only does around 600 grafts a day and mostly does hairline work, so not sure why he made your list.

Marketing and reputation (has high profile clients)

So I think I have narrowed it down to Konior  or Hattingen... 

Thoughts? Bernstein has been doing this for a long time but doesn't seem to get a lot of mention these days or am I wrong?

Bernstein apparently uses artas for FUE (on his website) which most would argue to avoid. 

Konior is more conservative (and more expensive) than Hattingen, although the FUE work ive seen from both clinics looks top notch. I think there are laws in Germany preventing Hattigen from showing patient results which means your research might be limited.

Admittedly your final list is a bit strange because all clinics are probably better known for their FUT skills. I guess it would be good to consult with them all.

Good luck

33 minutes ago, transplantedphil said:

Bernstein apparently uses artas for FUE (on his website) which most would argue to avoid. 

Konior is more conservative (and more expensive) than Hattingen, although the FUE work ive seen from both clinics looks top notch. I think there are laws in Germany preventing Hattigen from showing patient results which means your research might be limited.

Admittedly your final list is a bit strange because all clinics are probably better known for their FUT skills. I guess it would be good to consult with them all.

Good luck

Thank you. So for FUE who would you be suggesting?

5 hours ago, JamesSterling said:

Thank you. So for FUE who would you be suggesting?

Well Konior and Hattingen are both clearly worth looking into. And by considering these clinics youre also getting the option to pursue FUT if they believe your donor is more suited to it. Every donor is different and Some people are more suited to one extraction method more than the other.

As for FUE - Feriduni (i admire his artistry), De Freitas (hairline design), Bisanga (hes just always good), HLC (stick and place clinic in Turkey BUT i heard the post op care is minimal). 

As @Gasthoerer always says though theres no perfect clinic - just the clinic thats right for you. You need to be comfortable with the hairline design they give you, the communication of the clinic, and how they approach your case/donor with a plan for the future. Other people's suggestions are just that - suggestions. Try and talk to real patients of the clinics, examine the results (look for worst case scenarios and see if you can live with it), and if youre happy with the potential outcome thats how you know if youre ready to get a HT.

Good luck

• Like 1

On 9/11/2020 at 8:48 PM, transplantedphil said:

spanish footballers i think.

I never gave Cuoto any consideration because of the lack of patient postings.

I guess you might be right... famous footballers and high profile patients should be most of his patients since there are not that many actual patient reviews around... but I dont see all those famous people posting their cases on Forums... I would presume they want it to be a secret 🤫

However, there are exceptions. I have followed Dr Couto (and all Spain-Europe based Doctors) for a long time and certainly he has done several famous footballers, at least I´m almost certain about 4 of them from what I have read on different Forums (but I´m sure there should be a lot more than 4) 

For example, Javier Farinos, had his HT several years ago. This footballer didnt care his procedure was public and even took a photo with Dr Couto ... he posted his process on an online Spanish Foro "Foro Recuperar el Pelo".

And the result, well, just see for yourselves:

1712004251_FarinosDrJuanCouto.png.87ef333a3f20ed554a1bdac89b8bd201.png

Video - Before Hair transplant with Dr Juan Couto at FUExpert Clinic
Video - After Hair Transplant with Dr Juan Couto att FUExpert Clinic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eod0qj2oGQ&t=25s

Edited by OliverAtom
  • Like 1

James I have the same situation as yours - Norwood 4 and willing to travel and pay whatever it takes for the best procedure. Spending some time on here I was hoping to find a good clinic in Turkey that could great work for a decent price, but after reading through all the forums it sounds like Konior and Hassan are the best options. I've requested consults with both. Curious to know who you end up landing on. Also if anyone knows just how long the waiting list is for Konior or Hassan would love to know - though I should find out later this week.

16 hours ago, ManeMan said:

James I have the same situation as yours - Norwood 4 and willing to travel and pay whatever it takes for the best procedure. Spending some time on here I was hoping to find a good clinic in Turkey that could great work for a decent price, but after reading through all the forums it sounds like Konior and Hassan are the best options. I've requested consults with both. Curious to know who you end up landing on. Also if anyone knows just how long the waiting list is for Konior or Hassan would love to know - though I should find out later this week.

I was thinking of Turkey initially, thinking it was a centre of excellence in HT. But I went there on holiday and realised it was basically cost driven. My interactions with clinics there was not encouraging at all. Think I'm down to Konior (based on reputation), Hattigen (who impressed) or H&W (who I don't know). But tending to favour Konior. But still deliberating.

23 hours ago, OliverAtom said:
I guess you might be right... famous footballers and high profile patients should be most of his patients since there are not that many actual patient reviews around... but I dont see all those famous people posting their cases on Forums... I would presume they want it to be a secret 🤫

However, there are exceptions. I have followed Dr Couto (and all Spain-Europe based Doctors) for a long time and certainly he has done several famous footballers, at least I´m almost certain about 4 of them from what I have read on different Forums (but I´m sure there should be a lot more than 4) 

For example, Javier Farinos, had his HT several years ago. This footballer didnt care his procedure was public and even took a photo with Dr Couto ... he posted his process on an online Spanish Foro "Foro Recuperar el Pelo".

Did he do Nadal's HT? No idea about football but tennis I follow

No idea who Nadal's surgeon is/was, but his results aren't great IMO. 

I'm not sure whether thats because of a particular hard pattern to treat (pics show diffuse, almost female hair loss pattern) - and even his donor region seems to have thinned quite considerably compared to pics from 10 years ago when he had healthy thick mane of hair!

or whether it was poor surgery. Being spanish and very wealthy, you would have imagined the world would have been his oyster when it came to having his pick of surgeons! 

Edited by Curious25
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, OliverAtom said:

Thanks for the post - first time I've ever seen a pic of Couto too! Good to see the mythical man behind the magic finally! 

@Melvin-Moderator- is there a reason none of the top spanish surgeons are recommended on here? How does the process for doctor selection usually work - fo they approach the forum, or does the forum pitch to them? 

• Administrators

@Curious25

I have two Spanish surgeons on my radar, but it’s a bit difficult for some of these clinics, since there’s a language barrier at times. The two on my list are Cuoto and Ximena Vila.

Honestly, things have been so hectic and given the pandemic, I don’t think it’s a good time to reach out yet. It would be pointless to reach out to these clinics, if most of our members couldn’t go anyway, until international travel ban is lifted.

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, transplantedphil said:

It does give patients an adequate amount of time to properly research them though ...

They could do that now, those are two names definitely worth researching. 

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

13 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

@Curious25

I have two Spanish surgeons on my radar, but it’s a bit difficult for some of these clinics, since there’s a language barrier at times. The two on my list are Cuoto and Ximena Vila.

Honestly, things have been so hectic and given the pandemic, I don’t think it’s a good time to reach out yet. It would be pointless to reach out to these clinics, if most of our members couldn’t go anyway, until international travel ban is lifted.

Melvin - and why not Lorenzo?

14 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Thanks for the post - first time I've ever seen a pic of Couto too! Good to see the mythical man behind the magic finally! 

@Melvin-Moderator- is there a reason none of the top spanish surgeons are recommended on here? How does the process for doctor selection usually work - fo they approach the forum, or does the forum pitch to them? 

Good questions... How does the selection process work? Do any clinics pay to be recommended? Or pay to be part of the panel or forum?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, JamesSterling said:

Good questions... How does the selection process work? Do any clinics pay to be recommended? Or pay to be part of the panel or forum?

Below is how the selection process works.  Yes, all of our recommendations sponsor the cost of running the forum, that’s how we can operate with zero pop-ups, or ads. 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/our-hair-restoration-physicians.asp

59 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Below is how the selection process works.  Yes, all of our recommendations sponsor the cost of running the forum, that’s how we can operate with zero pop-ups, or ads. 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/our-hair-restoration-physicians.asp

Thanks. Do you disclose what the monthly fee is (paid by the clinic)? 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, JamesSterling said:

Thanks. Do you disclose what the monthly fee is (paid by the clinic)? 

No, we do not discuss fees. 

On 9/15/2020 at 1:54 PM, JamesSterling said:

I was thinking of Turkey initially, thinking it was a centre of excellence in HT. But I went there on holiday and realised it was basically cost driven. My interactions with clinics there was not encouraging at all. Think I'm down to Konior (based on reputation), Hattigen (who impressed) or H&W (who I don't know). But tending to favour Konior. But still deliberating.

Yeah - seems Turkey is sketchy.

Have you gotten a sense of how long the waitlist is for any of these guys? I sent in the pictures for consult to Konior's clinic and got a quick response from Nadimi with her reco (only said she can probably do at most 2,000 grafts per session but said she would need an in-person consult to know for sure.) She said she's booked out until Feb/March. I asked when Konior is next available and she said to call the office to ask, but it's gotta be a lot longer than that. I was hoping to get it done before end of year if possible, but don't think that's gonna be realistic.