Best FUE surgeon anywhere in the world for Norwood Grade IV

JamesSterling

I'm sure it has been covered on this forum many times but which surgeon would you recommend if location and price is not an issue? For Norwood Grade IV, presumably around 4,000 to 4,500 grafts ideally using FUE (FUT doesn't look appealing). I have seen on this forum that Muresanu, Couto, Konior, Keser, Hasson and Lorenzo have been referred to as “super elites”. Is that all of the super elites in the world? What about Robert Bernstein in NYC? Who would you ultimately choose and why? (again ignoring price and location). 

5 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Couto is mentioned a lot but I have yet to see a real world patient review. And the waiting list is over 2 years. 

Yes I've heard. Also no website? Seems to be very low key with a long wait list and EUR 5 per graft... Does anyone know who worked on Rafa Nadal? I presume it was a Spanish doctor...

10 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

I love the FUE work Eugenix (India) has been doing lately. Especially with the higher Norwood levels. Lots of real patient results and the clinic posting them regularly too. 

Which doctor specifically at Eugenix? And is the quality really better than in New York or Switzerland or Madrid?

21 minutes ago, JamesSterling said:

Which doctor specifically at Eugenix? And is the quality really better than in New York or Switzerland or Madrid?

I believe there work is comparable to anywhere else worldwide. Dr Pradeep Sethi or Dr Arika Bansal and they are very involved at all stages during the Ht. Check out the website. They are recommend here on the forum too.

I would love to see a patient of Dr Couto post there result on here, it does seem surprising we havnt seen one yet.  

Just now, transplantedphil said:

If you were doing the 4000 -4500 grafts all in one go then the mega session clinics like H&W, Hattingen and Eugenix are the ones you look at.

Keser only does around 600 grafts a day and mostly does hairline work, so not sure why he made your list.

Marketing and reputation (has high profile clients)

Do you know which high profile clients (as an example)?

1 hour ago, JamesSterling said:

I'm sure it has been covered on this forum many times but which surgeon would you recommend if location and price is not an issue? For Norwood Grade IV, presumably around 4,000 to 4,500 grafts ideally using FUE (FUT doesn't look appealing). I have seen on this forum that Muresanu, Couto, Konior, Keser, Hasson and Lorenzo have been referred to as “super elites”. Is that all of the super elites in the world? What about Robert Bernstein in NYC? Who would you ultimately choose and why? (again ignoring price and location). 

And what about Japanese doctors? Has anyone heard of Akiko Kimura-Kaneko, MD, PhD in Yokohama, Japan?

Why is he so popular if there are no obvious results to see? 

He has a youtube channel that frequently posts results that will blow your mind away. 

Before the deserving admiration you give to his work, you have to take into consideration that the patients that feature in his videos are cherry picked cases, and they tend to have exceptional donor qualities. 

None the less, results like this in a recently posted video I have just came across are absolutely outstanding. 

To create this illusion with 1700 grafts, regardless of the hair calibre being above average, is as good as it gets in 2020. 

2 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

He has a youtube channel that frequently posts results that will blow your mind away. 

Before the deserving admiration you give to his work, you have to take into consideration that the patients that feature in his videos are cherry picked cases, and they tend to have exceptional donor qualities. 

None the less, results like this in a recently posted video I have just came across are absolutely outstanding. 

To create this illusion with 1700 grafts, regardless of the hair calibre being above average, is as good as it gets in 2020. 

I'm no expert but the hairline looks straight and very unnatural?

8 minutes ago, JamesSterling said:

I'm no expert but the hairline looks straight and very unnatural?

Hairline designs ultimately subjective - as well as being very individual to the patient in terms of their features, head shape, proportions, age, ethnicity etc. 

However I can assure you, that particular hairline in the video is something that mimics the work of mother nature, and as someone who has studied hair restoration for countless hours and years, I would walk past that guy in the street and believe him to be one of blessed members of the population who has never lost a single follicle in his life! 

Edited by Curious25

2 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

Hairline designs ultimately subjective - as well as being very individual to the patient in terms of their features, head shape, proportions, age, ethnicity etc. 

However I can assure you, that particular hairline in the video is something that mimics the work of mother nature, and as someone who has studied hair restoration for countless hours and years, I would walk past that guy in the street and believe him to be one of blessed members of the population who has never lost a single follicle in his life! 

Yes, fair enough. Thanks.

• Administrators

In my opinion, Eugenix have the biggest portfolio of successful Norwood 7 patients. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

And Norwood IV?

Norwood 5-7 Eugenix has the biggest portfolio, Hasson and Wong is up there too.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

Hands down I would have a serious research on Eugenix. Their communication is excellent and their results speak for themselves. They cover every stage of hair loss but really rock when it comes to high Norwood 6/7 cases. All the best!

14 hours ago, follically challenged said:

Couto certainly uploads some fantastic results, but let's be honest, almost every case seems to be that thick, black Spanish donor hair.

Unless I'm wrong and he has done work on some finer blonde hair patients, please let me know. 

Yes good point. I would be curious to know as well.

On 9/12/2020 at 1:27 AM, Curious25 said:

Wow. That is beautiful. Looks so good...

• Like 1

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

On 9/11/2020 at 11:37 PM, JohnAC71 said:

I love the FUE work Eugenix (India) has been doing lately. Especially with the higher Norwood levels. Lots of real patient results and the clinic posting them regularly too. 

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate it a lot. 💗

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

On 9/11/2020 at 7:45 PM, transplantedphil said:

If you were doing the 4000 -4500 grafts all in one go then the mega session clinics like H&W, Hattingen and Eugenix are the ones you look at.

Keser only does around 600 grafts a day and mostly does hairline work, so not sure why he made your list.

Marketing and reputation (has high profile clients)

So I think I have narrowed it down to Konior  or Hattingen... 

Thoughts? Bernstein has been doing this for a long time but doesn't seem to get a lot of mention these days or am I wrong?