• Administrators

No one ever discusses the importance of the lateral hump, but they are the bridge that keep the donor from the transplanted area intact, without them you’ll be left with an island of hair. It’s important Norwood 6s maintain some donor supply, in case the lateral hump ever degrades. Also, you should have a surgeon check your lateral humps for miniaturization. 

It’s sort of like the temporal peaks that meet the hairline.

image.jpeg

heres an example of how it looks when

it deteriorated with a transplant 

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

Interesting, haven't heard that area referred to with a particular name, but yea its kinda like the crown-halo effect, but on the sides of the head.

Poor guy, some frontline battles won but the war lost! This is every man's worse endgame nightmare starting down the HT path. Wonder if he was taking any meds too or if he just did HTs.

23 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

image.jpeg

Maintaining the donor area is one of the most important aspects, some young guys with NW2 - 3, go for a cheap FUE procedure through a black market clinic and the technicians crop 4000 grafts for 1500-2000 job, huge waste for nothing.

So on my 2nd procedure\repair HT, most of the grafts were taken from the sides of my head.

Edited by Doron Harati

Doron Harati - Hair transplet offical international representor of HDC (Cyprus), Darling Buds (India), HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

Feel free to contact me: WhatsApp +9726542654\ Mail: Doronstar546@gmail.com

My own HT story: https://youtu.be/K4x1KLZhWS0

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/326632715435825/?ref=share

Got me thinking about that recent trump/biden better hair poll topic, the thinking there was that the side temple gap towards the top was from a juri flap procedure.

image.png.c19416c03509f06b7ea24412c455e392.png

image.png.1972c2a40e29fe7d92b6fbe9439102d4.png

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, ciaus said:

Interesting, haven't heard that area referred to with a particular name, but yea its kinda like the crown-halo effect, but on the sides of the head.

Poor guy, some frontline battles won but the war lost! This is every man's worse endgame nightmare starting down the HT path. Wonder if he was taking any meds too or if he just did HTs.

Luckily for him he had it repaired by Dr. Cooley. I don’t believe he was on finasteride, but some Norwood 7s are so sensitive to DHT that finasteride does little to stop hair loss, at least thats what @BeHappy said. 

image.jpeg

Not perfect, but a big improvement

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

If you think you are saving enough grafts for the future I can tell you that if you had a lot of transplanted hair placed on top then it will take a LOT of grafts to cover the lateral humps because if you only add a small amount it will still be thinner than the mid scalp and will still make you look like you have a balding ring around your head. You have to add enough to at least get somewhat close to matching the front and mid scalp to make it look natural. You also won't be able to comb it to the side unless you add a large number of grafts because you won't be able to make a part with thin hair and whatever amount you do comb over the top won't be much to cover anyway if your top/mid scalp is thin. This is coming from personal experience from someone who is going through this.

Good news on myself though...Yesterday I had a family member ask if my hair was growing back in. I hadn't told any of them I was going for more hair transplants, so it was nice to hear someone was noticing an improvement without them ever knowing I was doing something.

• Like 2
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, BeHappy said:

Good news on myself though...Yesterday I had a family member ask if my hair was growing back in. I hadn't told any of them I was going for more hair transplants, so it was nice to hear someone was noticing an improvement without them ever knowing I was doing something.

When do you think you’ll be done with repairs? Is there a goal in mind.

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Luckily for him he had it repaired by Dr. Cooley. I don’t believe he was on finasteride, but some Norwood 7s are so sensitive to DHT that finasteride does little to stop hair loss, at least thats what @BeHappy said. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Dr. Umar in L.A doing great repairs with NW7 that have depletion on donor, I'll check more about Dr. Cooley

Doron Harati - Hair transplet offical international representor of HDC (Cyprus), Darling Buds (India), HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

Feel free to contact me: WhatsApp +9726542654\ Mail: Doronstar546@gmail.com

My own HT story: https://youtu.be/K4x1KLZhWS0

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/326632715435825/?ref=share

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Do we know this patients age? He looks fairly young

• Administrators
1 hour ago, LonelyGraft said:

Do we know this patients age? He looks fairly young

In his 40's, not that young.

Reasons to stay on Fin: 1) Help fight against the widening of a bald crown.  2) Maintain donor hair quality.  3) Keep those lateral humps!  The more native hair you can keep the better.