Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Maa said:

Thanks.

 

i Will post some pics when i have had my HT

I am Booked for 1 Day surgery 3000 grafts is there any different if it is 1 or 2 days, because when i look on the Forum I see a lot of cases for 3000 grafts which are split in 2 days?

Depends on who you choose. Most clinics are able to carry out procedures of 3000 grafts in a day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just reading through this thread.

For confirmation and to put your mind at ease @Maa, Dr. Bisanga will perform cases of unto 3000 grafts in one surgical day as standard. So you do not need to have concern in this regard.

I wish you the very best for your upcoming surgery and hopefully we may be able to follow your journey here.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@drchristianbisanga.com  -  WhatsApp - + 34 642 37 03 83 

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

My Hair Loss Website

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Raphael84 said:

Just reading through this thread.

For confirmation and to put your mind at ease @Maa, Dr. Bisanga will perform cases of unto 3000 grafts in one surgical day as standard. So you do not need to have concern in this regard.

I wish you the very best for your upcoming surgery and hopefully we may be able to follow your journey here.

Thanks.

I looke forward to it and hope the corona Will not stop me from traveling.

Do you also Think that the dense i mentioned and the 3000 grafts Will create and High dense for my front?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at your photos presented in this thread, I have no doubt that 3000 grafts will provide a significant aesthetic improvement in providing an optimal result and will provide you with impressive density.

I would explain to every patient not to get too caught up with dense packing and specific densities. As has been mentioned previously in this thread, every single patients hair characteristics are unique. As is their hair colour and skin tone. An optimal hairline must ensure APPROPRIATE density that is artistically designed and placed with soft single hairs to ensure a natural result, as opposed to a wall of high density that would not look natural. APPROPRIATE hair groupings and an APPROPRIATE density will be placed behind the initial rows of single hairs to reinforce the visual fullness of the hairline and to achieve an optimal result.

I would suggest that hairline placement, design and density has become Dr. Bisanga's signature in the eyes of his patients, so as you know, you are in great hands.

I also support the idea of your desire for a somewhat conservative hairline that aligns with your age currently and will continue to be appropriate as you age.

If you have not yet seen it, I believe that you may find the following presentation interesting -

 

  • Like 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@drchristianbisanga.com  -  WhatsApp - + 34 642 37 03 83 

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

My Hair Loss Website

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, Raphael84 said:

Looking at your photos presented in this thread, I have no doubt that 3000 grafts will provide a significant aesthetic improvement in providing an optimal result and will provide you with impressive density.

I would explain to every patient not to get too caught up with dense packing and specific densities. As has been mentioned previously in this thread, every single patients hair characteristics are unique. As is their hair colour and skin tone. An optimal hairline must ensure APPROPRIATE density that is artistically designed and placed with soft single hairs to ensure a natural result, as opposed to a wall of high density that would not look natural. APPROPRIATE hair groupings and an APPROPRIATE density will be placed behind the initial rows of single hairs to reinforce the visual fullness of the hairline and to achieve an optimal result.

I would suggest that hairline placement, design and density has become Dr. Bisanga's signature in the eyes of his patients, so as you know, you are in great hands.

I also support the idea of your desire for a somewhat conservative hairline that aligns with your age currently and will continue to be appropriate as you age.

If you have not yet seen it, I believe that you may find the following presentation interesting -

 

Man this is a great video10/10. 

  • Like 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raphael84 said:

Looking at your photos presented in this thread, I have no doubt that 3000 grafts will provide a significant aesthetic improvement in providing an optimal result and will provide you with impressive density.

I would explain to every patient not to get too caught up with dense packing and specific densities. As has been mentioned previously in this thread, every single patients hair characteristics are unique. As is their hair colour and skin tone. An optimal hairline must ensure APPROPRIATE density that is artistically designed and placed with soft single hairs to ensure a natural result, as opposed to a wall of high density that would not look natural. APPROPRIATE hair groupings and an APPROPRIATE density will be placed behind the initial rows of single hairs to reinforce the visual fullness of the hairline and to achieve an optimal result.

I would suggest that hairline placement, design and density has become Dr. Bisanga's signature in the eyes of his patients, so as you know, you are in great hands.

I also support the idea of your desire for a somewhat conservative hairline that aligns with your age currently and will continue to be appropriate as you age.

If you have not yet seen it, I believe that you may find the following presentation interesting -

 

Thanks.

That video is excellent👍🏻

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Melvin-Moderator

@Maa

Thank you. It is a nice presentation that discusses many factors that are not often considered or perhaps not well understood when considering the appropriate hairline placement and design for each patient.

For me personally, this really helps to explain how and why that "one size fits all" low, straight and aggressive hairline that so many individuals desire, is not suitable in many/most cases.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@drchristianbisanga.com  -  WhatsApp - + 34 642 37 03 83 

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

My Hair Loss Website

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Maa

Dr. Bisanga is a proponent of oral minoxidil at 5mg daily and generally recommends for many of his patients.

Many patients have been impressed by their response to the oral version.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@drchristianbisanga.com  -  WhatsApp - + 34 642 37 03 83 

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

My Hair Loss Website

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Maa said:

Can you buy minoxdil oral.?

and does it work? 

yea I use 2.5mg daily, but you can't buy it over the counter like the topical formula. You'll need a doctor prescription, then any local pharmacy can fill it.

Oral minoxidil was originally developed to treat high blood pressure and they accidentally discovered the hairloss benefits later, similar to finasteride being originally developed for prostate issues. Its generally safe at the lower dosages for hair loss, but it can still potentially have cardiovascular side effects so you want to be mindful of that, especially if you are overweight and /or are already taking blood pressure medicine.

I don't have weight or blood pressure issues, but I still went to walmart and got a little home blood pressure monitor -like they use in the doctors office that wraps around your arm and squeezes, gives readout -, the one i got was about $30, and took some readings the week before I started to get my general bloodpressure baseline in case I started to notice symptoms or weird changes in my blood pressure numbers.

Edited by ciaus
Link to post
Share on other sites

As @ciaushas explained, a prescription from your doctor is necessary.

I have an independent study regarding it’s safety at low dosage over a longer period of time that I would have liked to have shared, but the file type is unsupported.

If anybody would like me to share it with them, I can send it via email. It is quite interesting.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@drchristianbisanga.com  -  WhatsApp - + 34 642 37 03 83 

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

My Hair Loss Website

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Raphael84 said:

As @ciaushas explained, a prescription from your doctor is necessary.

I have an independent study regarding it’s safety at low dosage over a longer period of time that I would have liked to have shared, but the file type is unsupported.

If anybody would like me to share it with them, I can send it via email. It is quite interesting.

Hi Raphael,

I would love to see aforementioned study. Would you be able to send it on mr.rolandas.ht@gmail.com please?

Thanks!

28/01/2020 - 3611 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow my journey in Video Format!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Raphael84 said:

As @ciaushas explained, a prescription from your doctor is necessary.

I have an independent study regarding it’s safety at low dosage over a longer period of time that I would have liked to have shared, but the file type is unsupported.

If anybody would like me to share it with them, I can send it via email. It is quite interesting.

Would you be so kind as to send it to me santoc1959@gmail.com Thanks

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

@Raphael84

Instead of sending said study to personal emails, just post it here. Makes it easier for everyone to have access to it. 

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Melvin-ModeratorThat was my first intentions and my preference, but as the document is a pdf, after attempting to upload/post it,  I was not able to do so.

I can send it over to you personally to upload/post if you may be able to do so.

Edited by Raphael84

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@drchristianbisanga.com  -  WhatsApp - + 34 642 37 03 83 

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

My Hair Loss Website

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
20 minutes ago, Raphael84 said:

@Melvin-ModeratorThat was my first intentions and my preference, but as the document is a pdf, after attempting to upload/post it,  I was not able to do so.

I can send it over to you personally to upload/post if you may be able to do so.

Yes, please send it to me and I’ll post it here. service@hairtransplantnetwork.com.

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...