Dr Koray Erdogan Asmed Clinic 3291 Graft Fue Op. 30.06.2020

Quandoria

I'm also curious to know what went wrong here. The 10 days picture showed that this could be an amazing result. Were  those grafts on day 10 dead even if they looked so good ?  If so, are the techs who did the extractions to blame? 

Edited by juancbz45

hello everyone
First of all, sorry for the late post. but I wanted to wait until the end of the process because the progress was very little.
The first two of the photos I added were taken before the surgery. The last two photos were taken after the surgery.and mid one is approx 6 month after surgery
I think there was a very low rate of hair regrowth.
Unfortunately, I am not satisfied with the process.

2D8D82E6-40F0-4EF3-B507-AC1C396100DA.jpeg

4672DC99-77C2-47EB-B3A2-03B34A7697E8.jpeg

413BDDE0-AF90-4585-B177-FFA26427B085.jpeg

3BEF7172-1BF8-4C72-8807-F1376509D22F.jpeg

5DFB14B8-EDF7-4670-877E-22E45EE56905.jpeg

Hi, have you tried growing your hair longer ? In my opinion you cannot cut your hair that short and expect it to look completely full . Especially with your dar hair and high contrast to skin. 

grow your hair another 2/3 cm in length on top and it will look brilliant . 

min my opinion, considering how short your hair is the result looks ok. 

40 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

Hi, have you tried growing your hair longer ? In my opinion you cannot cut your hair that short and expect it to look completely full . Especially with your dar hair and high contrast to skin. 

grow your hair another 2/3 cm in length on top and it will look brilliant . 

min my opinion, considering how short your hair is the result looks ok. 

It is not a question of haircut, here many implanted UF have not regrown, from the first pics after the transplant, the graft density seems ok.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Egy said:

It is not a question of haircut, here many implanted UF have not regrown, from the first pics after the transplant, the graft density seems ok.

I agree. If all those hairs from the post-op pic grew, the result would have been amazing. A good amount did not grow.

I think we all need to start acknolwedging the fact that if a transplant looks suspect at the 6 month mark, it's really like a 95% chance it won't be a good result. Too many people on here give false hope saying "give it time". I've seen VERY few cases where things don't look exactly "right" at 6 months and then it turns out great.

Edited by SD1984
  • Like 6

It can be seen also that you lost a lot of native hair.  Could it be that implanting hair in between weak hair caused permanet shock-loss? I have seen very few of these cases so far, but all of those that I have seen were difuse thinners. 

I still think that poor growth could be due to a bad graft handling on the part of the technicians ( and ASMED is now known for becoming gradually into an expensive hair mill)

48 minutes ago, SD1984 said:
1 hour ago, Egy said:

I agree. If all those hairs from the post-op pic grew, the result would have been amazing. A good amount did not grow.

I think we all need to start acknolwedging the fact that if a transplant looks suspect at the 6 month mark, it's really like a 95% chance it won't be a good result. Too many people on here give false hope saying "give it time". I've seen VERY few cases where things don't look exactly "right" at 6 months and then it turns out great

I have always thought about it and also wrote several times on this forum, at 6 months, you already have an idea of how a transplant will end.

22 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

I say grow it for another month and see what it looks like then 

It is the only thing he can do for now, in addition to a trichological examination with an attached biopsy to remove any doubts.

24 minutes ago, Egy said:

It is the only thing he can do for now, in addition to a trichological examination with an attached biopsy to remove any doubts.

I have been examined by the dermatology deparment many times,but they said that there is no problem,only genetic hair loss

2 minutes ago, Quandoria said:
28 minutes ago, Egy said:

I have been examined by the dermatology deparment many times,but they said that there is no problem,only genetic hair loss

I'm sorry @Quandoria .but if you suffer from LPP, it can only be diagnosed with a biopsy, a dermoscopy is not enough.

Can you let him grow his hair another inch or so and then jump to conclusions after. Someone body must agree hair is very short and transplants require a bit of length to give density ? His hair is about 1cm at the most and he has high contrast , what are we expecting to see? A full head of hair again? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kraistoff said:

Can you let him grow his hair another inch or so and then jump to conclusions after. Someone body must agree hair is very short and transplants require a bit of length to give density ? His hair is about 1cm at the most and he has high contrast , what are we expecting to see? A full head of hair again? 

Has nothing to do with the length, I could cut my hair even shorter and have great density, the transplant failed period! 

Now it would be nice to find out why. 

• Like 1

Hi

sorry but I disagree that ‘it has nothing to do with length’ - tell me I’m not the only one who thinks a transplant is an ‘illusion of density’ and you need to have some length on order to achieve that illusion . 

why do you think transplant patient never have buzz cuts ? I don’t understand what you mean by ‘I could cut my hair even shorter and have great density’ - what do you mean exactly ? 

Hi Quandoria, do you suffer of any form of dermatitis? which medications are you using for your hair in general? I am using proscar and i am happy with it so far, but i have seen somewhere off the internet people is getting amazing results with Dutasteride. So maybe you could try a different therapy and wait a bit longer before taking any step. This is just my opinion or at least what i would do in your shoes. In fact i am also considering swapping to dutasteride not for hair but for other purposes. Good luck in general, i believe you will end up more satisfied in one way or another. 

Edited by mxm56

On 6/28/2021 at 12:11 PM, Kraistoff said:

Its just a bad ht bud, he does not have much hair to grow unfortunately. Why u always have to defend Asmed? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Kraistoffyou had a good result with Asmed and this is probably the reason why you continue to defend this clinic, but the saddest thing is that Asmed does not explain what could have happened, classic attitude of low cost clinics, it has done so always, it seems to me that Miss Suzana Kubinek, probably the PR officer on the clinic's forums, when it suits them, here is if she steps in to thank the patients for posting their good results.

8 hours ago, Egy said:

@Kraistoffyou had a good result with Asmed and this is probably the reason why you continue to defend this clinic, but the saddest thing is that Asmed does not explain what could have happened, classic attitude of low cost clinics, it has done so always, it seems to me that Miss Suzana Kubinek, probably the PR officer on the clinic's forums, when it suits them, here is if she steps in to thank the patients for posting their good results.

Hi Egy

I just think the OP should grow his Hair a little and assess again after . I don’t think this is defending the clinic , I’m defending then OP as I know first hand how it feels. 

I had the forum members criticise my transplant and call it a failure too. I then concentrated on the imperfections rather than the improvements made.

how you style your hair and present it is also key after a transplant , this is a matter of fact and true density can never be achieved.  Let’s give OP some support on advise on how to better his current situation without having another surgery just yet .