Couple questions post FUE

Hey guys,

Couple questions for the guys who have had an FUE -

My clinic gave me shampoo to use post-op - just curious when it will be safe to return to my normal shampoo - I used Regenpure prior to the transplant.

Also, I find when I am talking and laughing with family and friends, after a couple hours the top of my head (recipient area) begins to hurt - is this normal? I am currently just shy of the 2 week mark. 

• Administrators

Once your grafts shed, you can resume your normal shampoo routine. It’s normal for some pain in the recipient, nerves are healing, you can expect these sensitivities to subside in a few weeks.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks Melvin - good to hear this is normal.

Also, any idea when I would be able to start buzzing the sides and back of my head (essentially the donor).. this is usually what i have done to make the top look more dense and full - will definitely be sticking with this during the ugly duckling phase, but just want to know when it will be safe to get a fade..

Thanks man, really appreciate it. 

• Administrators

I would wait another two weeks before buzzing the sides again.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.