EMERGENCY! FLAKY SCALP CURE?

I had a hair transplant this year back in Feb in Turkey. 

For months I felt like my scalp has been dry, I contacted my surgery and they told be its normal just keep washing with shampoo they gave me. But still I had the same issue.

They told me I could not use oil but I see many people on youtube and forums saying i'm allowed. I still followed the the orders of my clinic.

My hair keeps on dropping out everytime I wash my head. Is this normal? I know this is not normal because my hair shedding time has passed

I started using baby shampoo and I seen some improvement then big chunks of flakes began to fall of my head. The big chunks of flakes are falling off along side which i believe are grafts implanted in them, the flake dropping is leaving big bald patches on my head making me to bald again😭I also began to grow cysts on my head which was horrible. They also popped and made me loose grafts😭

My head scalp has been very dry ever since I got a transplant, my clinic have given me poor advise and dont reply in time. I've given up contacting them

Please can you guys give me any advise on what I should do? Give me advise on what shampoos or oils I can use  to make my scalp healthy and save me from any more hair dropping out. Thank You!

I added photos of what my hair is looking like so give your open honest advise.

People are saying they see a improvment but I don't believe it. My hair looks alot worse

Feb.jpg

20200909_125229.jpg

20200909_121828.jpg

inCollage_20200909_130236387.jpg

The grafts themselves are secure after approx 10 days. Anything after this time it would be the hair and not the graft.

Maybe you should see a dermatologist? I have had the same happen to me. Looks like cradle cap. I used baby shampoo and also t-gel. 
If you look at adult cradle cap type treatments you should find something suitable.

Does appear you have Seborrheic dermatitis. But it needs a expert to see it. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I would definitely see a dermatologist about this. I have seborrheic dermatitis as well, and I've had to learn over the years what triggers my outbreaks. I know there are certain products I have to avoid, how frequently I need to wash my hair, etc. - and I also have some quick solutions when I do have an outbreak. My doctor prescribed me Ketoconazole shampoo which I use periodically and helps keep the outbreaks away, and I also have Clobetasol Propionate, which is a liquid steroid that I can apply to my scalp when an outbreak starts to get particularly bad. I've also found the raw Apple Cider Vinegar works for me. 

All of that said, see a dermatologist first and get their opinion after closely examining your scalp. Mention the things I use if you'd like so you can get their input on them... With time, you'll be able to manage this and get in under control. Best of luck - I know how frustrating and uncomfortable this can be. 

• Thanks 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• Administrators

I echo what others have said, consult with a dermatologist asap.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thank you so much for the help. Means alot🙏🏻 i googled Seborrheic dermatitis and that looks like exactly what i got. I tried to book a dermatoligist through a doctor and they said its a 4 month wait😥 so doctor recommended me Dandrazol 2% shampoo. You know anything about it?

On 9/9/2020 at 1:31 PM, JohnAC71 said:

The grafts themselves are secure after approx 10 days. Anything after this time it would be the hair and not the graft.

Maybe you should see a dermatologist? I have had the same happen to me. Looks like cradle cap. I used baby shampoo and also t-gel. 
If you look at adult cradle cap type treatments you should find something suitable.

Does appear you have Seborrheic dermatitis. But it needs a expert to see it. 

20200915_152151.jpg

20200915_152225.jpg

On 9/9/2020 at 5:47 PM, pkipling said:

Yeah, I would definitely see a dermatologist about this. I have seborrheic dermatitis as well, and I've had to learn over the years what triggers my outbreaks. I know there are certain products I have to avoid, how frequently I need to wash my hair, etc. - and I also have some quick solutions when I do have an outbreak. My doctor prescribed me Ketoconazole shampoo which I use periodically and helps keep the outbreaks away, and I also have Clobetasol Propionate, which is a liquid steroid that I can apply to my scalp when an outbreak starts to get particularly bad. I've also found the raw Apple Cider Vinegar works for me. 

All of that said, see a dermatologist first and get their opinion after closely examining your scalp. Mention the things I use if you'd like so you can get their input on them... With time, you'll be able to manage this and get in under control. Best of luck - I know how frustrating and uncomfortable this can be. 

Thank you so much for the help. Means alot🙏🏻 i googled Seborrheic dermatitis and that looks like exactly what i got. I tried to book a dermatoligist through a doctor and they said its a 4 month wait😥 so doctor recommended me Dandrazol 2% shampoo. You know anything about it? I heard Dandrazol and Ketoconazole shampoo are similiar. That steroid liquid sounds cool. Im still learning new things everyday

On 9/9/2020 at 6:30 PM, LonelyGraft said:

You need to see a dermatologist ASAP. It could be seborrheic dermatitis or psoriasis among other things. Treatments usually involve anti fungals, steroids, etc. make sure to show the derm these pictures u have as well with the big flakes

Thank you so much for the help. Means alot🙏🏻 i googled Seborrheic dermatitis and that looks like exactly what i got. I tried to book a dermatoligist through a doctor and they said its a 4 month wait😥 so doctor recommended me Dandrazol 2% shampoo. You know anything about it?