Finasteride and coronavirus

jolly

15 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

A interesting read. Thanks for sharing. I don’t take Fin but will inform my friends that do. 

infact there is  more article that warns about finasteride (Propecia) and the increased risk on the lungs during  covid 19times , 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7175887/#:~:text=Due to high prevalence of,19 infection with poorer prognosis.

I take fin and will continue to do so. Excepting the elderly and those with underlying health conditions, Covid is so overhyped for the rest of the population. When this 'pandemic' is completely in the rearview mirror I predict its going to be one of the biggest over-reactions in recorded human history.

Alot of guys that take finasteride for not just hair but prostate issues are usually in their middle years age-wise already, so old enough that their bad lifestyle habits have had the time to produce the underlying health conditions like heart disease, diabetes etc, that can make it more severe if they do catch it.

The real message that needs to get out is to eat healthy, exercise, get enough sleep, practice good stress management....but that doesn't pay the big bucks.

Oh man. This is the first I've heard of this. I suppose it's one of those things where each person will have to weigh the risks for themselves. If I were still taking Fin, I'm not sure this would deter me tbh - but it's something to definitely keep an eye on if you're concerned about it. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

1 hour ago, ciaus said:

I take fin and will continue to do so. Excepting the elderly and those with underlying health conditions, Covid is so overhyped for the rest of the population. When this 'pandemic' is completely in the rearview mirror I predict its going to be one of the biggest over-reactions in recorded human history.

Alot of guys that take finasteride for not just hair but prostate issues are usually in their middle years age-wise already, so old enough that their bad lifestyle habits have had the time to produce the underlying health conditions like heart disease, diabetes etc, that can make it more severe if they do catch it.

The real message that needs to get out is to eat healthy, exercise, get enough sleep, practice good stress management....but that doesn't pay the big bucks.

I really do not to debate on fin coz i know it will be never ending , i guess no one really knows its actions on different ppl , i just posted to inform the community at large about the possible implications on the lungs and 5 AR and their corelation during the pandemic .

the studies are from a very reliable site so i thought it might help to err on the side of caution , as it does not mention the age group and the associated risks , so your saying that you are young is highly debatable .

everyone has a risk appetite , but in my opinion its not worth the risk . 

Both those links present hypothesis with no data to back it up.  I'll carry on unless they follow up with some hard facts. 

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

12 hours ago, 1978matt said:

Both those links present hypothesis with no data to back it up.  I'll carry on unless they follow up with some hard facts. 

I think as the pandemic is very new , hard facts will take a while as it takes time to collect data and analyse , till such time anecdotal evidence must not be ignored and we should be cautious even if data is not enough .... what if down the line , this comes around with solid data and is true  , would that not be too late ? many could unnecessary suffer ...

ofcourse this is just my opinion , everyone has the right to do as he wishes .