FUE scarring

Hi everyone, I’m getting 1000 grafts FUE. I’m wondering if anyone can post some pics of their experience. Right now, I fade my hair down to a 1 in the back. I’m wondering if this haircut will still be possible without showing the scarring.

thanks

E7374806-96ED-4BB7-B285-D413BAA4C65C.jpeg

It’s hard to say as there are many variables. You have dark hair and light skin which creates more contrast and can potentially allow scarring to be more visible. Punch size and extraction pattern also matter. If u do get a procedure get in the mindset to prepare for the worst (maybe a 2 or 3 guard is the max u can trim down to) so ur not disappointed 

• Administrators

I have had three surgeries, first surgery was with a 0.9 mm punch, the second with a 1mm punch, and the last one with a 0.9mm punch. Here's what my donor look like at a #1. Scarring is physiological, it depends on how well you scar, and other factors like to skin to hair contrast. If you have light skin and hair, the scars will be harder to see, same goes for dark skin and hair. Never go into surgery expecting it to be scarless.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I have had three surgeries, first surgery was with a 0.9 mm punch, the second with a 1mm punch, and the last one with a 0.9mm punch. Here's what my donor look like at a #1. Scarring is physiological, it depends on how well you scar, and other factors like to skin to hair contrast. If you have light skin and hair, the scars will be harder to see, same goes for dark skin and hair. Never go into surgery expecting it to be scarless.

Thanks! I def not expecting ‘scarless’. It’s just a matter of how scarred. So it is possible to do with a #1 even OVER the scars...

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, a said:

Thanks! I def not expecting ‘scarless’. It’s just a matter of how scarred. So it is possible to do with a #1 even OVER the scars...

It's possible, you will see some scars if you look closely, or know what to look for, but it all depends on what you're comfortable with, I really don't care about the scars, so it's a non-issue for me.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1000 grafts are quite less. If taken discreetly from a distributed area then the absence of hair will not be visible at all. And the use of sharp and fine punches will ensure micrscopic scarring. If the extraction from the donor was more then there would definitely be a difference when sporting a fade cut hairstyle.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ