(first time poster) Almost 9 months post op. Are my results good/average/ subpar?

*DEEP BREATH*.... I am a first time poster and I am a bit nervous to do so (I tend to be a shy person by nature).

I won't go into too much detail at this point but just go with the essential facts: I got a hair transplant almost 9 months ago (9 months in 10 days) and I just wanted to get some alternative opinions of where I am at in the hair growth process. My procedure was 1,800 grafts FUE, all on the hairline. Thoughts of the overall progress?

*My personal opinion is that the yield looks a little low for the amount of grafts that I got so far. Is it possible that more will grow in the coming months?

thumbnail_20191230_180453.jpg

thumbnail_20200214_140621.jpg

thumbnail_20200827_203050(1).jpg

thumbnail_20200907_104419_HDR.jpg

thumbnail_20200907_110308_HDR.jpg

thumbnail_20200907_110329_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

Looks great.

You had a relatively large space to cover with only 1800 grafts, (however your hair calibre has seemingly compensated for this), and the result looks really nice and natural - good hairline design, and blends nicely into your native hair.

. . and don't forget you still have 3-9 more months of growth and maturation. 

Who was your doctor? 

• Like 2

I think your doc used too little FU.
Yo u needed more to re-enforce the first line (especially in the center area.
HT is an illusion of density and the first way to create that illusion is increasing density among your natives.

• Like 1

I just wanted to say thank you all for the positive words of encouragement. I know I still have a ways to for my final result. Even still, I know some guys go back for a second or third procedure for density but for now I am riding this one out and see what happens.

Additional details: I went with Dr. Cortez in Tijuana Mexico. I am also on Fin (5mg 1 once a week), Ketoconzole 2% shampoo and minoxidil.

Yup still some months for continued growth/maturity. Some of us see improvements beyond the 12 month point. 
See how you feel then.? Good to see your doing what you can to retain your hair too. 

• Administrators

I think it looks pretty good, you still have months left of growth, can you post some pictures of what your hair looked like before you had surgery? 

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

• Administrators
On 9/10/2020 at 8:33 PM, Greenlantern2020 said:

you can use my mole as a reference point of how much grown is being covered with 1800 grafts.

222.jpg

11111.png

Looks like a home run to me, impressive. Who’s the surgeon?

• Thanks 1

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, Greenlantern2020 said:

Thanks. Dr. Jorge Cortez from Tijuana Mexico.

Isn’t that HMR? I’ve seen some great results on YouTube, they’re definitely doing good work.

• Like 1

This is a great result!  Let it grow in a few more months before another procedure for sure.  I can see the area in the center where you might want additional work, but it would be extremely minimal.  Just a few single haired grafts would do the trick. 

Firstly welcome to the forum and what better way than to show your excellent results. I really like the hairline and the height is perfect for your face. As others have said you still have a few more months at least to go so I look forward to further updates. Time to enjoy life! Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1