(first time poster) Almost 9 months post op. Are my results good/average/ subpar?

*DEEP BREATH*.... I am a first time poster and I am a bit nervous to do so (I tend to be a shy person by nature).

I won't go into too much detail at this point but just go with the essential facts: I got a hair transplant almost 9 months ago (9 months in 10 days) and I just wanted to get some alternative opinions of where I am at in the hair growth process. My procedure was 1,800 grafts FUE, all on the hairline. Thoughts of the overall progress?

*My personal opinion is that the yield looks a little low for the amount of grafts that I got so far. Is it possible that more will grow in the coming months?

thumbnail_20191230_180453.jpg

thumbnail_20200214_140621.jpg

thumbnail_20200827_203050(1).jpg

thumbnail_20200907_104419_HDR.jpg

thumbnail_20200907_110308_HDR.jpg

thumbnail_20200907_110329_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

Looks great.

You had a relatively large space to cover with only 1800 grafts, (however your hair calibre has seemingly compensated for this), and the result looks really nice and natural - good hairline design, and blends nicely into your native hair.

. . and don't forget you still have 3-9 more months of growth and maturation. 

Who was your doctor? 

• Like 2

I think your doc used too little FU.
Yo u needed more to re-enforce the first line (especially in the center area.
HT is an illusion of density and the first way to create that illusion is increasing density among your natives.

• Like 1

I just wanted to say thank you all for the positive words of encouragement. I know I still have a ways to for my final result. Even still, I know some guys go back for a second or third procedure for density but for now I am riding this one out and see what happens.

Additional details: I went with Dr. Cortez in Tijuana Mexico. I am also on Fin (5mg 1 once a week), Ketoconzole 2% shampoo and minoxidil.

• Administrators

I think it looks pretty good, you still have months left of growth, can you post some pictures of what your hair looked like before you had surgery? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
On 9/10/2020 at 8:33 PM, Greenlantern2020 said:

you can use my mole as a reference point of how much grown is being covered with 1800 grafts.

222.jpg

11111.png

Looks like a home run to me, impressive. Who’s the surgeon?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, Greenlantern2020 said:

Thanks. Dr. Jorge Cortez from Tijuana Mexico.

Isn’t that HMR? I’ve seen some great results on YouTube, they’re definitely doing good work.

• Like 1

View my thread

This is a great result!  Let it grow in a few more months before another procedure for sure.  I can see the area in the center where you might want additional work, but it would be extremely minimal.  Just a few single haired grafts would do the trick. 

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Valued Contributor

Firstly welcome to the forum and what better way than to show your excellent results. I really like the hairline and the height is perfect for your face. As others have said you still have a few more months at least to go so I look forward to further updates. Time to enjoy life! Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely! They were terrific in answering all my questions thoroughly and patiently. Their English is pretty good, but some things I had to say in Spanish. So that would be the only thing I would tell someone who is considering a procedure with them. Go in with a direct game plan and communicate that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Greenlantern2020 said:

Absolutely! They were terrific in answering all my questions thoroughly and patiently. Their English is pretty good, but some things I had to say in Spanish. So that would be the only thing I would tell someone who is considering a procedure with them. Go in with a direct game plan and communicate that.

Thank you!