What's the use of minoxidil?

On 9/9/2020 at 3:01 AM, Gabreille Nelson Mukhia said:

Also, leaving Minoxidil prior to the procedure gives a chance for the hair caused by it to fall off giving a clear picture of the empty areas.

I think you don’t know what you are talking about.

this is a frequent issue with clinics’ rep: you are sellers and not doctors. You show a really poor understanding of the topic and more than often say some bs.

First of all, minoxidil is not an on/off switch: you need months to see results and need months to lose what you got using it.

by the other way, why should a doctor desire that you lose uour hair? To

demage (dueing the op) a fu that can be recovered with the proper treatment.

if it was the case, you should stop fina too, while nobody asks to stop it.

the only reason to stop mn for a while is because the doc do not want too much blood during the op. STOP. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, duchaine said:

I think you don’t know what you are talking about.

this is a frequent issue with clinics’ rep: you are sellers and not doctors. You show a really poor understanding of the topic and more than often say some bs.

First of all, minoxidil is not an on/off switch: you need months to see results and need months to lose what you got using it.

by the other way, why should a doctor desire that you lose uour hair? To

demage (dueing the op) a fu that can be recovered with the proper treatment.

if it was the case, you should stop fina too, while nobody asks to stop it.

the only reason to stop mn for a while is because the doc do not want too much blood during the op. STOP. 

Woah. Hey. Lets be civil and not go around using words like bullshit. Thats not cool.

Secondly, my opinions are different from yours and I see no reason why you should have to be so much aggrevated because I believe differently than you.

I think a respectful dialogue would be more appreciated in future. 

You are entitled to your opinions and me to mine. I don't deserve to be spoken to that way by any of you.

Edited by Gabreille Nelson Mukhia

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

6 hours ago, Mike_2020 said:

With regards to this specific point only i.e. allowing hair to fall out which has been caused by topical 5% Minoxidil (excluding the point with regards to increased blood flow), how far in advance of FUE/DHI should someone come off Minoxidil to allow hair created by it to fall out?

Is one month sufficient, or would it be better if it were several months e.g. 6 months?

We usually give a 2 month period prior to the procedure to leave Minoxidil. 2 months are more than sufficient.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gabreille Nelson Mukhia said:

Woah. Hey. Lets be civil and not go around using words like bullshit. Thats not cool.

Secondly, my opinions are different from yours and I see no reason why you should have to be so much aggrevated because I believe differently than you.

I think a respectful dialogue would be more appreciated in future. 

You are entitled to your opinions and me to mine. I don't deserve to be spoken to that way by any of you.

This is science. Not merely opinion.

next time, instead blaming me because you don’t like my attitude, try to say something smart and backed by science.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mike_2020 said:

With regards to this specific point only i.e. allowing hair to fall out which has been caused by topical 5% Minoxidil (excluding the point with regards to increased blood flow), how far in advance of FUE/DHI should someone come off Minoxidil to allow hair created by it to fall out?

Is one month sufficient, or would it be better if it were several months e.g. 6 months?

It also is important so that there is no excessive oozing during the procedure.

1 hour ago, duchaine said:

next time, instead blaming me because you don’t like my attitude, try to say something smart and backed by science.

Wow. How disappointing that you are so confident about your false beliefs. 

Maybe my post is misunderstood. I don't mean Minoxdil is bad. Please have a look at my explanation below.

1 hour ago, duchaine said:

A lot of our patients do use Minoxidil. But when someare allergic to it then they leave it. They don't experience anytjing negative when they leave it. Minoxidil might be helpful for many but it is not mandatory. Thats all I wanted to highlight.

34 minutes ago, Gabreille Nelson Mukhia said:

Minoxidil is left at least 2 months prior to the procedure. I don't know in which world the doctor would allow for the patient to continue using Minoxidil prior to the procedure. It is necessary to prevent oozing. And yes, the hair due to Minoxidil will shed off and give a better idea of the empty area. 

Don't like my opinion? Then don't follow it. No need to be rude or obnoxious.

Are you sure you're phrasing this correctly?

By this logic everyone should never use any hair loss treatments and go as bald as possible before their HT. That way the surgeon will have a really good idea of the "empty area."

Edited by PizzaWolf
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, PizzaWolf said:

Are you sure you're phrasing this correctly?

By this logic everyone should never use any hair loss treatments and go as bald as possible before their HT. That way the surgeon will have a really good idea of the "empty area."

Okay. Let me phrase it in a more understandable manner. I have written in my post that:

1. Minoxidil is not really necessary or mandatory. Unlike Finasteride. 

2. Minoxidil has to be left at least 2 months to a month prior to the procedure to prevent excessive oozing of blood.

3. Since Minoxidil is alreadt being discontinued with the purpose of preventing oozing of blood, the hair grown due to Minoxidil does shed off. It gives an idea of which areas are really bald since most of the vellus hair shed off with that period.

4. I am not implying that minoxidil is bad. It is just not important. I have not used Minoxidil since my procedure and have seen no requirement to use it. I use Finasteride and it is sufficient for me. If someone wants to use Minoxidil then its their prerogative. 

5. I have written this according to my personal experience with the use of minoxidil for 5 years prior to the procedure, leaving it 2 months prior to the procedure and my experience with not using it after the procedure.

6. If you wanna use Minoxidil, then go ahead. Use it. But its neither necessary nor mandatory. Finasteride is necessary. 

I want to be as objective as possible in my comments. I have seen multiple people leave Minoxidil and exprience no requirement to use it again.

I don't want people with questions about Minoxidil thinking that its a must have. Its optional. 

A lot of the clinics mandatorily prescribe medications because they have their own brands and yes they profit from it. But Finasteride is the only medication that can be "necessary" if a person is okay to take it.

Prp, minoxidil, multivitamins, mesotherapy, laser etc have minimal roles and most times can be ignored. 

I hope this helps understand what I'm trying to say.

3 hours ago, Gabreille Nelson Mukhia said:

Maybe my post is misunderstood. I don't mean Minoxdil is bad. Please have a look at my explanation below.

False beliefs? What I think duchaine is trying to tell you is that his “opinion” as you’re stating is backed up by studies etc. he’s not giving u his personal beliefs on minoxidil he’s stating facts as far as I’m aware

Edited by LonelyGraft
  • Like 1

IMHO, you are a little confused and contradictory:

you write: " the hair due to Minoxidil will shed off and give a better idea of the empty area" and in another post you write "
 They don't experience anytjing negative when they leave it."

a) do they experience hair loss, as you suppose in your first statement or they "don't experience anything negative" (i.e. hair loss), as you suggest in your second statement?

b) all the doctors agree that you should be on therapy for a period before hair transplant. The first benefit you can get from a therapy is to reduce the number of transplanted grafts and get a better coverage/natural effect. 
You are the first one I've ever read suggesting to get as bald as you can.

Why use 15%?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 1 year later...
On 9/14/2020 at 11:14 PM, duchaine said:

IMHO, you are a little confused and contradictory:

you write: " the hair due to Minoxidil will shed off and give a better idea of the empty area" and in another post you write "
 They don't experience anytjing negative when they leave it."

a) do they experience hair loss, as you suppose in your first statement or they "don't experience anything negative" (i.e. hair loss), as you suggest in your second statement?

b) all the doctors agree that you should be on therapy for a period before hair transplant. The first benefit you can get from a therapy is to reduce the number of transplanted grafts and get a better coverage/natural effect. 
You are the first one I've ever read suggesting to get as bald as you can.

What's the final opinion on this? Can any doctors throw light on this point? Should minoxidil be left to go as bald as possible before HT? The thing is that if people start finastride ,as advised by doctors, after HT and leave minoxidil in case they were using prior to HT, then finastride is not going to save minoxidil dependent preexisting hair after HT is done. So doing Hair transplants with someone who has been using minixidil for years can be disastrous sometimes, I believe, even if you get them on finastride.

Starting the initial use of finasteride immediately after the procedure can potentially induce shedding and even potentially disrupt the oncoming growth phase of the new grafts...IMHO, it's best to start the initial use at least 6 months prior to the procedure.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY