About ~700 more grafts with Dr. Diep

Had some issues with the corners of my hairline when I was about 25, was getting the McDonald's arches over the years. I got about 1200 grafts from Dr. DIep 6 years ago and was blown away with the result. I was slickin' my hair and strutting around like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever.

Now, being the perfectionist that I am I just had another 700 grafts put in purely for higher density, the hairline was not changed. Anyways, we'll see how this goes but Dr. Diep always seems to deliver. The guy is definitely in his own league, at least in this part of world.

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

Thank you for the kind words! However, you are correct. In certain harsh, overhead lighting it was apparent (at least to me) that the very corners were a bit less dense than I liked.

I should have kept better photos over the last 5 years but I do feel like maybe the transplanted area thinned out just a bit... Either way I'm interested to see how the new grafts mix in with the old grafts so I documenting the growth.

Your left side pic here is impressive, if that's how it looked right before this second procedure I would leave that as it perfectly is.

image.png.2f38b9199f3f16347081503ec026ea91.png

But I agree your right side here below definitely needs some more density -was this taken at the same time as that left pic? I would have been itching to have a second pass done on that when that picture was taken. If you grew out your front hair some more and combed it more left to right instead of straight back, the ends of the hair from the left would lay on top of that thinner area and give you more coverage. Anyway, thanks for sharing and looking forward to your progress updates.

-ps can we hope for a youtube video struttin to Stayin' Alive? :D 

image.png.0b980a1f83144cff447779cf4032b35c.png

• Like 1

Ok so one side did appear to grow better. But pretty sure you will now have good density both sides. Happens so often that one side will appear better than the other.

The rest of your hair being so dense you will see a difference In the transplanted areas. 

@ciausYes those pics of the left and right corners were taken at the same time (3-4 months ago). You are completely correct that the appearance of my density changes based on whether I comb straight back or to the side. If I comb to the side, the hairs on the parted side will group up and look thicker. The other side will also get coverage from hairs that are now laid over the top of the transplanted area. And yes, for the next 6 months I'll be practicing my ladies' man strut 🤣.

@JohnAC71 I do feel like the appearance of the transplanted areas has fluctuated over the years. Sometimes the left looks better to me and vice versa, maybe these are sheds? I'd also attribute the density of the rest of my hair to being on Dutasteride (~2 years, Fin for about 3 years before that) and Minodixidil (~7 years). I use Nizoral shampoo as well. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Your hair looks excellent man, impressive for the number of grafts. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Really nice results with a limited number of grafts.  Thanks for sharing.  Thumps up to Dr. Diep.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Thanks for keeping us updated man, given how your hairline already looked, this is gonna be a dense result 🙌🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to your results in a couple months.  Should look great.  Don’t forget to send us some pictures.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

On 11/10/2020 at 12:17 PM, JollyFollicles said:

2 month update... nothing to really see here. I'm not noticing any new growth from the transplants, I already had some hair growing in the corners from my previous transplant about 6 years ago. Waiting for month 3+ where things start to pick up, just thought I'd give a quick update!

IMG_0513.JPG

IMG_0516.JPG

At what age did you get the first transplant? I seem to be following a simailr hairloss pattern as yours but I still have a few hairs left on the hairline 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Any update?

View my thread