Dr. Konior knows best but honestly I'd say you should not go down this road. You would likely need multiple FUT sessions followed by at least one or more FUE session(s). To me your donor area looks weak, it doesn't have that dense thick look to it. But again, like others have mentioned, I would trust Dr. K to do his examination and tell you what you can achieve realistically. I hate to say it brother but accept the bald look. Just one FUT surgery is pretty damn painful. Not the actual procedure but the healing process on the incision, having difficulties sleeping, waiting, etc. Now keep in mind you'll have to  do this multiple times. So is all the pain, money, and hassle worth it to achieve a look of someone that looks like they're receding after it's all said and done? You have to answer that but for me it would be a no. Good luck man.

2 hours ago, harrylloyd said:

Dr. Konior knows best but honestly I'd say you should not go down this road. You would likely need multiple FUT sessions followed by at least one or more FUE session(s). To me your donor area looks weak, it doesn't have that dense thick look to it. But again, like others have mentioned, I would trust Dr. K to do his examination and tell you what you can achieve realistically. I hate to say it brother but accept the bald look. Just one FUT surgery is pretty damn painful. Not the actual procedure but the healing process on the incision, having difficulties sleeping, waiting, etc. Now keep in mind you'll have to  do this multiple times. So is all the pain, money, and hassle worth it to achieve a look of someone that looks like they're receding after it's all said and done? You have to answer that but for me it would be a no. Good luck man.

I will let a hair transplant surgeon make an assessment of my donor area. Keep in mind that these pictures I recently uploaded were 10 days after I did a complete razor-blade shave of my head. I hope that I am a good candidate, I do not like the bald look on me. I honestly would rather have a thinning hairlook/hairstyle than be completely bald. 

Can you post the back of your head including your neck instead of the crown? Also, only go with Dr. Konior if you can wait. I believe his waitlist at this point is around 1.5 years. Otherwise I would recommend Dr. Nadimi as well who work at Dr. Konior's practice and seems to have been trained by him and the results she's putting out are really really phenomenal as well. And I believe she's a bit cheaper. I just had my second FUT by Dr. Konior last week to add more density overall and I hate the pain and all the agony but it truly is worth it. Best of luck to you.

16 minutes ago, harrylloyd said:

Can you post the back of your head including your neck instead of the crown? Also, only go with Dr. Konior if you can wait. I believe his waitlist at this point is around 1.5 years. Otherwise I would recommend Dr. Nadimi as well who work at Dr. Konior's practice and seems to have been trained by him and the results she's putting out are really really phenomenal as well. And I believe she's a bit cheaper. I just had my second FUT by Dr. Konior last week to add more density overall and I hate the pain and all the agony but it truly is worth it. Best of luck to you.

AD631E70-6A30-41A5-A3B3-988649DAA7F4.jpeg

D4606E1A-4863-47AD-B70B-AC6E37B1A56E.jpeg

257A52AD-7BE1-47FA-9861-C447A1D78E8A.jpeg

F43F989F-908F-44BC-AE38-6EC66CC1030C.jpeg

• Valued Contributor

Just bare in mind that you are only 26 now. In time you will need more than 3,500 odd grafts. The entire crown in itself is as large as the top balding area of the scalp alone. Also if you are going FUT are you positive that in the future you won't ever want to cut your hair short (or even shave)? You will obviously still have scarring with FUE but FUE scars are so much easier to hide with SMP. I really think that you will be looking at augmenting beard hair as a donor source if you are hoping to achieve total coverage to whatever degree. I would seriously consider consulting at least half a dozen top surgeons and get their feed back on what your goals are. All the best!

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 9/13/2020 at 5:32 PM, baldiee said:

Hello guys,

So after a week of talking, Dr. Konior is offering to do 3,000-3,500 grafts (based on pictures; he'll be able to give a more precise number after doing a microscopic evaluation) for $25,000. Is this worth it? After seeing my pictures, is there anyone against the idea of undergoing a hair transplantation?

What are your expectations? You will never have full density, if that’s what you’re after. So is it worth it really depends on you. I was in a similar boat, check my signature for my results.
My crown is still thin, I use concealers to cover the crown. My next procedure has to be meticulously carried out, to avoid donor depletion. Even so, I will not have a full head of hair. Before you do anything understand there are basic limitations, regardless of the surgeon.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

There is an up and coming doctor that I made a post about who's FUE results are absolutely fantastic. However, there appear to be no patient accounts on the forums for him, but if I were you it wouldn't hurt to inquire, as he works on high Norwood cases and has many high resolution results on his page.

I am personally considering him as well but am unable to travel to Sofia at this time due to travel restrictions from the United States. 

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed links

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Z-- said:

@baldiee- any updates? As someone with nearly the exact same pattern, would love to hear if you took the chance with Dr. K or elsewhere, and if so, the result.

EDIT: I will post a major update after my 3rd transplant in May!

Edited by baldiee
  • Like 3