Is This Male Pattern Baldness?

I have some thinning hair on the crown. I have a M-shaped hairline as well but I don't care as much about that. 

I noticed on the crown that the hair is thinning. There is still hair growing there but it's really thin and short. I am on Vitamin B12 tablets because blood work demonstrated a slight deficiency. I am also using Minoxidil 5% twice per day. 

20200730_190717.jpg

20200805_133131.jpg

• Administrators

That is 100% male pattern baldness, if you haven’t tried finasteride you should. You’re still early enough to stop it. Once it goes, it’s not coming back. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

59 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

That is 100% male pattern baldness, if you haven’t tried finasteride you should. You’re still early enough to stop it. Once it goes, it’s not coming back. 

When you say early enough to stop it do you mean that my hair will grow back potentially to a full head of hair? No bald spot? 

How common are the side effects?

• Like 1

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Crisp Bank Note said:

When you say early enough to stop it do you mean that my hair will grow back potentially to a full head of hair? No bald spot? 

How common are the side effects?

No, I mean you may stop losing more hair. You probably won’t regrow any hair.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Crisp Bank Note said:

But doesn't Minoxidil bring about re-growth? I've seen some before and afters that seem to indicate it. 

No, minoxidil just like finasteride works to prevent further hair loss, very few regrow hair with medication. Finasteride regrows more hair than minoxidil. Definitely give it a try.

• Like 1

View my thread

On 9/5/2020 at 1:05 PM, Crisp Bank Note said:

Will Finasteride get me to a point where I can't see scalp? 

In your case, it will recover the density and hair calibre. You have just started to experience androgenetic alopecia. This medication will be a blessing.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

• 1 year later...
On 9/4/2020 at 5:09 PM, Crisp Bank Note said:

I have some thinning hair on the crown. I have a M-shaped hairline as well but I don't care as much about that. 

I noticed on the crown that the hair is thinning. There is still hair growing there but it's really thin and short. I am on Vitamin B12 tablets because blood work demonstrated a slight deficiency. I am also using Minoxidil 5% twice per day. 

20200730_190717.jpg

20200805_133131.jpg

i'd reccomend starting finasteride you could also start minox with microneedling etc to increase the odds of regrowth it also depends how long you've been balding for it this hair loss is a year or less ago then you are more likely to get regrowth as the follicle might not be "dead"

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Once appreciable hair loss is noticed, it's usually too late for regrowth. But unless you want it to get worse, now is the time to begin medication. 

• Like 1

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella