What protein powder do you use?

Hey everyone!

I’m curious to hear what type/brand of protein powder that some of you gym-going forum members use, and what ingredients are you avoiding?
I suspect that my hair loss started a few years ago, partly due to some of gym workout shakes I was using. I don’t want to make the same mistake!

Thank you!

A lot of protein isn’t great for your health. Unless you’re legit bodybuilding with an abnormal BMI and low body fat (which is increasingly the norm in our cartoon world), you get what you need from a reasonable diet. I know ppl say that all the time, and it sounds like ignorant hippie BS, but I’ve come to believe that more and more over the years as I’ve gotten less interested in “gainzzz!” and more concerned about aging and dysfunction in multiple organ systems, esp. the liver and brain. 

“You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not...”

- John Lennon

• Administrators

I use organic plant protein, I stopped using whey protein years ago.

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

Plant-based protein user here too - although I don't know if there's any correlation between protein powders and hair loss. 

I personally use Vivo Life and it's the best protein powder I've ever used, particularly in regards to digestion. One of the main things I look for with protein powders is making sure they're not full of heavy metals, I avoid whey like the plague, and also want them to be as natural and vitamin-rich as possible. Vivo Life hits all these marks for me - and the company is extremely ethical as well which is a huge added bonus. (Compostable packaging, carbon-neutral delivery, they plant a tree for every sale, etc.)

The flavor can sometimes take a bit to get used to as they don't use any artificial flavoring, so it's quite mild compared with other protein powders. Once your pallet adjusts though, you're good to go.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56