New Drug For Scalp Hair Loss ? (Clascoterone-Could be a game changer)

Sean

Came across some articles that the FDA has approved an acne drug.  It targets DHT.  Could be used to reduce sebum and dht In conjunction with other meds/therapies?They are looking into the efficacy with combating hair loss.

Read below: 

https://www.biospace.com/article/releases/cassiopea-receives-fda-approval-for-winlevi-clascoterone-cream-1-percent-first-in-class-topical-acne-treatment-targeting-the-androgen-receptor/ 

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/beauty/skin-care/a33822256/new-winlevi-for-hormonal-acne-clascoterone/ 

Edited by Sean
Link edit

• Administrators

I’ve never heard of this drug, but the links don’t work. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

11 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I’ve never heard of this drug, but the links don’t work. 

Melvin, do they work now?  For some reason, i had to edit it again to make them hyperlinks.

• Like 1

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Sean said:

Melvin, do they work now?  For some reason, i had to edit it again to make them hyperlinks.

Yes, now they work 👍🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Yea the 1% is for acne, there's a hair loss version called Breezula, 7.5% strength seems to give best results. Blocks dht at the receptor level on your head instead of lowering the dht that flows through your body.

https://hairverse.com/clascoterone-breezula/

////

Right now, Cassiopea has completed phase II trials for the drug. But they are waiting to finalize the development process with the Phase III program and FDA supervision. The company still awaits FDA approval for its phase III trial design and to grant them a special protocol assessment.

Eventual approval by the FDA will depend on the results from phase III analysis. The trial cannot start unless the FDA first gives the company a special protocol assessment. With the current trajectory of things, Cassiopea projects that the phase III project will begin soon. Hopefully, the trial will be completed by 2022, and the formulation will possibly hit the market in 2023.

The phase 2 breezula trials showed efficacy at even the 2.5%BID category... as such it's possible 1% winlevi may have efficacy for MPB.... thoughts?

Edited by GE90