How To Stop Hair Loss

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators

What Treatments besides the big 3 have you guys used? Do any of you have any experience with RU58841 or CB-031? 

How To Stop Hair Loss

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

Where’d you get the CB?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, ItHasToLookNatural said:

I'm a member of a private forum. We had it synthesized in china and third party tested in the UK. Big group buy.

Do you have to pay be in these private forums

View my thread

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, ItHasToLookNatural said:

nah, I may be able to get you an invite if you want.

The chat gets very political at times, so be forewarned. 

Considering taking my DHT serum levels before trying one of these treatments. As far as I’m aware, no one has ever done this, it would be great information to have, especially when dealing with topical solutions.

View my thread

On 9/3/2020 at 3:36 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Considering taking my DHT serum levels before trying one of these treatments. As far as I’m aware, no one has ever done this, it would be great information to have, especially when dealing with topical solutions.

On our forum we recommend taking labs before any anti androgen topical or systemic.

You never know if you will need them. It's easy for a topical AA to go systemic and cause some sides.

On 9/3/2020 at 12:36 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

A guy with a youtube channel called moreplatesmoredates has tried all of these. Has gotten pre, intra and post hormone check during RU. RU did not affect his androgen profile at all.

• Like 1

RU give side effects, although it does not affect androgen levels. We know that already, from studies. 

I used RU for 9 years, everyday, on myself, that Youtube guy should stick to bodybuilding advice.

RU or CB bind to the androgen receptor (AR)  so that DHT or testosteone cannot bind and cause hair loss.

But RU has a serum half life of 1 hour which is sufficient to circulate in the blood stream once its inside the dermis, then bind to other AR in the body and cause androgenic side effects due to the lack of androgen biding to the AR, regardless of the serum level of DHT/T, which remains the same, or  be slightly elevated like in using FIN.

The side effects I experienced were difficulty maintaining erections, numbness of the penis. Weird feeling for sure, but which went away after a day or two of stopping RU at least for me. I never got the PFS so its only my expericene. Others have reported potential heart issues, brain fog etc..

RU has never been fully studies in humans and there may be other unknown side effects. No need to use it now anymore, its dead as future treatment now that we have CB aka Clascoterone

Edited by elduterino

• Administrators
8 hours ago, DonorGuy said:

A guy with a youtube channel called moreplatesmoredates has tried all of these. Has gotten pre, intra and post hormone check during RU. RU did not affect his androgen profile at all.

He’s also on a crazy amount of steroids, pretty knowledgeable though. I’d like to try out topical finasteride, to see if it really does affect systemic DHT levels, and also try some natural DHT blockers like pumpkin seed oil.

• Like 1

View my thread

20 hours ago, elduterino said:

RU give side effects, although it does not affect androgen levels. We know that already, from studies. 

I used RU for 9 years, everyday, on myself, that Youtube guy should stick to bodybuilding advice.

RU or CB bind to the androgen receptor (AR)  so that DHT or testosteone cannot bind and cause hair loss.

But RU has a serum half life of 1 hour which is sufficient to circulate in the blood stream once its inside the dermis, then bind to other AR in the body and cause androgenic side effects due to the lack of androgen biding to the AR, regardless of the serum level of DHT/T, which remains the same, or  be slightly elevated like in using FIN.

The side effects I experienced were difficulty maintaining erections, numbness of the penis. Weird feeling for sure, but which went away after a day or two of stopping RU at least for me. I never got the PFS so its only my expericene. Others have reported potential heart issues, brain fog etc..

RU has never been fully studies in humans and there may be other unknown side effects. No need to use it now anymore, its dead as future treatment now that we have CB aka Clascoterone

And yet you’re the same guy who kept posting for years on forums telling people RU was side effect free. Imagine if those people followed your advice?

you always talked crap about minoxidil too, yet now you’re using it 👍🏼

• Like 1

When we started looking into RU back in 2008, the assumption based on the then available studies and Bryan Shelton numerous posts, was that RU has a such a short serum half that it is side effects free.

Once I noticed the first side effects, I made sure to inform everyone on the forum that it is not side effects free, but that the effects quickly go away after a day or two, and these posts were written years ago not sure why you always dig into the old history, we learn as we go with these experimental drugs...

RU was the best we had back then even though it was far from being perfect, but we do have have better options now.

I was wrong on minox, many posters wrote that It works at the beginning only, gives sheds etc.. but I tried it myself after a while and it worked great for me so It completely changed my opinion of it, and I updated my post accordingly, again that was years ago.. - I only discuss the drugs that I used on myself , Minox was the exception.

Edited by elduterino
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

pumpkin seed oil.

I took pumpkin seed oil pills for  months.  Did not notice anything different so i recently just stopped. 

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

15 hours ago, Shifty said:

I took pumpkin seed oil pills for  months.  Did not notice anything different so i recently just stopped. 

i am taking this at the ,moment..  so am i right that people think DHT blockers make a noticeable difference in your hair and not just holding dht back?  also is minoxidol a DHT blocker or just to thicken up your hair?

7 hours ago, Blower said:

i am taking this at the ,moment..  so am i right that people think DHT blockers make a noticeable difference in your hair and not just holding dht back?  also is minoxidol a DHT blocker or just to thicken up your hair?

Min isn't a dht blocker. it stimulates growth.  DHT by definition can assist in regrowing hair because of their mechanism if the follicle isnt completely dead. 

• Like 1

In fact, while it may not be its main mode of action,  Minox does have DHT blocking (anti androgenic) properties as per several studies

Minoxidil Acts as an Antiandrogen: A Study of 5α-reductase Type 2 Gene Expression in a Human Keratinocyte Cell Line

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30064598/

Edited by elduterino
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, elduterino said:

In fact, while it may not be its main mode of action,  Minox does have DHT blocking (anti androgenic) properties as per several studies

Minoxidil Acts as an Antiandrogen: A Study of 5α-reductase Type 2 Gene Expression in a Human Keratinocyte Cell Line

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30064598/

if this  is the case ? then the DHT topical products would not be worth bothering with and just stick to Minox then?

• Administrators
On 9/7/2020 at 6:58 AM, Shifty said:

There’s been studies that show it’s a pretty potent DHT blocker, that’s why I’d like to get my baseline DHT levels checked, and then again after a few months of use.

• Like 1

View my thread

28 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

There’s been studies that show it’s a pretty potent DHT blocker, that’s why I’d like to get my baseline DHT levels checked, and then again after a few months of use.

I used it for 7 or 8 months months every day. Maybe its just one of those things where it works for some and not others. Not worth buying them for me. There is also extract in my shampoo so maybe that's enough. 

4 hours ago, Blower said:

if this  is the case ? then the DHT topical products would not be worth bothering with and just stick to Minox then?

Because of the side effect profile of the drug.

5% topical used twice a day gives about the equivalent to 2-3 mg oral minox a day in terms of systemic absorption, and that is not sufficient to cause androgenic side effects in most men, you would need a lot more Minox to reach the DHT reduction equivalent of 1mg of FIN, and by then you would run into potentially dangerous blood pressure issues, heart issues, water retention, and also cosmetic skin issues etc..which will make it unsafe and not suited as a lifelong hair maintenance drug.

The main mode of action of Minox at the regular topical dosage, is thought to be its potassium channel opening properties

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15816824/

Edited by elduterino
  • Like 1

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Engineer 7 said:

Melvin, I know a very good source. If you're interested I can forward you the links. I've been wanting to add CB-03-01 to my regime too. 

Sure, I’d be willing to give it a shot.

View my thread

17 hours ago, elduterino said:

Because of the side effect profile of the drug.

5% topical used twice a day gives about the equivalent to 2-3 mg oral minox a day in terms of systemic absorption, and that is not sufficient to cause androgenic side effects in most men, you would need a lot more Minox to reach the DHT reduction equivalent of 1mg of FIN, and by then you would run into serious and potentially dangerous blood pressure issues, heart issues, water retention, skin issues etc..which will make it unsafe and not suited as a lifelong hair maintenance drug.

What kind of skin issues?