Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Administrators

 

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice. 

How does wind and rain affect it?

 2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
5 minutes ago, TommyLucchese said:

Very nice. 

How does wind and rain affect it?

Doesn't affect it at all, it can be pouring and it wont come off.

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Can dermmatch be applied to dry hair and scalp ? Reason for the question is i would like to try out volumeizing mousse (since i have a fine hair characteristic) which i would need to apply and blow dry and would like to go for a slick back style ! I would be applying uniquely to the crown 

Edited by andrew11
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, andrew11 said:

Can dermmatch be applied to dry hair and scalp ? Reason for the question is i would like to try out volumeizing mousse (since i have a fine hair characteristic) which i would need to apply and blow dry and would like to go for a slick back style ! I would be applying uniquely to the crown 

Dermmatch actually applies better dry. And not just a dry hair/scalp, don't even wet the Dermmatch applicator. Back when I used it I started with my hair wet and wetting the applicator. Then I started drying my hair first because it helped me blend it better with my natural hair color on the sides. Finally I noticed by accident one day running the dry applicator across my hand. It still had some residue on it from the previous day and I was surprised at how much came off on my hand. 

You'll want to experiment with applying the dermmatch before or after the mousse, not sure how one will effect the other. In my case I always put on hair styling product last, which was just a basic hairspray.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

Apply it to dry scalp, the applicator will he wet, which will wet your hair. You can dry it off and then apply hair products.

  • Like 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2021 at 4:30 PM, ciaus said:

Dermmatch actually applies better dry. And not just a dry hair/scalp, don't even wet the Dermmatch applicator. Back when I used it I started with my hair wet and wetting the applicator. Then I started drying my hair first because it helped me blend it better with my natural hair color on the sides. Finally I noticed by accident one day running the dry applicator across my hand. It still had some residue on it from the previous day and I was surprised at how much came off on my hand. 

You'll want to experiment with applying the dermmatch before or after the mousse, not sure how one will effect the other. In my case I always put on hair styling product last, which was just a basic hairspray.

I applied it after and it worked out well :) thank you ! One thing though... it seems like i got abit of hair fibers on my shirt 😂 do these wash out ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2021 at 6:42 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Apply it to dry scalp, the applicator will he wet, which will wet your hair. You can dry it off and then apply hair products.

The mousse has to go before the blowdryer unfortunately 😩... i must say volumizing mousse is absolutely amazing for people with fine hair such as myself ! Great product for HT enhancement along with the other products 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
17 minutes ago, andrew11 said:

The mousse has to go before the blowdryer unfortunately 😩... i must say volumizing mousse is absolutely amazing for people with fine hair such as myself ! Great product for HT enhancement along with the other products 🙂

Skip the mouse and use sea salt spray. It works just as good if not better.

  • Like 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Skip the mouse and use sea salt spray. It works just as good if not better.

Hmm will try for sure ! but i could honestly say the lift and volume of the mousse made my hair look the most voluminous i have ever seen , even more so than my teen days 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...