How To Apply Dermmatch

• Administrators

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Very nice. 

How does wind and rain affect it?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, TommyLucchese said:

Very nice. 

How does wind and rain affect it?

Doesn't affect it at all, it can be pouring and it wont come off.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Can dermmatch be applied to dry hair and scalp ? Reason for the question is i would like to try out volumeizing mousse (since i have a fine hair characteristic) which i would need to apply and blow dry and would like to go for a slick back style ! I would be applying uniquely to the crown 

Edited by andrew11

19 hours ago, andrew11 said:

Can dermmatch be applied to dry hair and scalp ? Reason for the question is i would like to try out volumeizing mousse (since i have a fine hair characteristic) which i would need to apply and blow dry and would like to go for a slick back style ! I would be applying uniquely to the crown 

Dermmatch actually applies better dry. And not just a dry hair/scalp, don't even wet the Dermmatch applicator. Back when I used it I started with my hair wet and wetting the applicator. Then I started drying my hair first because it helped me blend it better with my natural hair color on the sides. Finally I noticed by accident one day running the dry applicator across my hand. It still had some residue on it from the previous day and I was surprised at how much came off on my hand. 

You'll want to experiment with applying the dermmatch before or after the mousse, not sure how one will effect the other. In my case I always put on hair styling product last, which was just a basic hairspray.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Apply it to dry scalp, the applicator will he wet, which will wet your hair. You can dry it off and then apply hair products.

• Like 1

View my thread

On 4/28/2021 at 4:30 PM, ciaus said:

Dermmatch actually applies better dry. And not just a dry hair/scalp, don't even wet the Dermmatch applicator. Back when I used it I started with my hair wet and wetting the applicator. Then I started drying my hair first because it helped me blend it better with my natural hair color on the sides. Finally I noticed by accident one day running the dry applicator across my hand. It still had some residue on it from the previous day and I was surprised at how much came off on my hand. 

You'll want to experiment with applying the dermmatch before or after the mousse, not sure how one will effect the other. In my case I always put on hair styling product last, which was just a basic hairspray.

I applied it after and it worked out well :) thank you ! One thing though... it seems like i got abit of hair fibers on my shirt 😂 do these wash out ?

On 4/28/2021 at 6:42 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Apply it to dry scalp, the applicator will he wet, which will wet your hair. You can dry it off and then apply hair products.

The mousse has to go before the blowdryer unfortunately 😩... i must say volumizing mousse is absolutely amazing for people with fine hair such as myself ! Great product for HT enhancement along with the other products 🙂

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, andrew11 said:

The mousse has to go before the blowdryer unfortunately 😩... i must say volumizing mousse is absolutely amazing for people with fine hair such as myself ! Great product for HT enhancement along with the other products 🙂

Skip the mouse and use sea salt spray. It works just as good if not better.

• Like 1

View my thread

19 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Skip the mouse and use sea salt spray. It works just as good if not better.

Hmm will try for sure ! but i could honestly say the lift and volume of the mousse made my hair look the most voluminous i have ever seen , even more so than my teen days 😂

• 2 weeks later...