Shedding Question

Hi, not really been around the forums much recently, I've tried to forget about my HT and concentrate on other things. 

I'm 9 weeks post op but most of my hair still hasn't shed, apart from around the hairline. I've just had my hair cut for the first time today. 

My question is this:

Am I safe to stop worrying about the ugly duckling stage or do you think my hair is just slow to shed? I don't know what else I can do, I'm trying my best not to worry or stress but it's easier said than done. 

Will be updating my other thread with (better) progress pictures soon. 

20200901_122430.thumb.jpg.246be3d60fb570f2669bdc912e530faf.jpg

20200901_122316.thumb.jpg.885cb6bb0835913edfd5b13d4e380729.jpg

Thanks in advance! 

Edited by Kruchie

15 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

You have nothing to worry about. We all shed at different times, and occasionally some hair appears to stay.

Where your at right now is perfectly normal. 

Thanks for that. I was starting to worry that I had poor growth, it's mad how much of an emotional roller coaster having a HT is. 

4 minutes ago, Kruchie said:

Thanks for that. I was starting to worry that I had poor growth, it's mad how much of an emotional roller coaster having a HT is. 

Oh it’s certainly a roller coaster! Been on the ride 5 times and it never gets easier. 

• Like 1

Had my first HT a month ago. I had minimal shedding until just the past few days. I was worried because it seems like IF you’re going to shed, you want that to happen ASAP. Once it goes dormant, you’ve got 2-6 months until it comes back. It would suck to lose it all in month 2 or 3 and then wait that much longer for the final result.

That’s the concern, right? I wouldn’t worry about the final outcome, just the timing. Everyone’s different. Are you shampooing thoroughly? I realized my shed seemed a little late bc I was still babying the recipient.

“You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not...”

- John Lennon

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2020 at 4:25 PM, Taken4Granted said:

Had my first HT a month ago. I had minimal shedding until just the past few days. I was worried because it seems like IF you’re going to shed, you want that to happen ASAP. Once it goes dormant, you’ve got 2-6 months until it comes back. It would suck to lose it all in month 2 or 3 and then wait that much longer for the final result.

That’s the concern, right? I wouldn’t worry about the final outcome, just the timing. Everyone’s different. Are you shampooing thoroughly? I realized my shed seemed a little late bc I was still babying the recipient.

Yeah, you're right. I was just a bit worried that my hair isn't shedding when it should be.

I do wash my hair thoroughly and often.

I'm actually 9 weeks post op now too, I got it wrong in my previous comment.  

Generally post-op shedding of transplanted hairs occurs in the first 30 days. However, I have seen a few cases of delayed shock. At 9 weeks you might be one of the lucky patients who just do not experience significant shock. Keep thinking positive. You look young and healthy and either way you should end up with an improvement.