My transplant with Demirsoy (Istanbul) 2773 grafts.

fireboy99

My Story (Age 28):
So after 5 years of contemplation I got my hair transplant done 3 days ago. I have been using this forum (alt account) and couple other forums since 2015 to assess my hair loss situation and find a suitable treatment to stop the further loss. I first noticed my hair loss when I was 22, I was naive back then and starting using natural remedies such as biotin, follihair tablets and applying olive oil every other day. As you migh have guessed it didn’t do sh*t to stop the further loss. I also fell for snake oil homeopathic medicine before I discovered forums such as this one. Thanks to the fellow users I jumped on finasteride and nizoral when I was 24. It pretty much stopped my loss at NW3 with some thickening of vellus hairs. I was paranoid about getting sides after starting finasteride so I got the bloodwork done before and after finasteride.  My DHT levels were 120ng/dL (Extremely high) and were reduced by 50% after jumping on fin.

Surgeon shortlist:
I shortlisted a bunch of surgeons (Keser, Pekiner, Demirsoy and Ferreira) after checking the patient posted results on this forum and multiple others. My main criteria was surgeon performing the majority of the procedure. I went with Demirsoy as he had the dates that were overlapping with my work vacation and I was in touch with 5-6 members who recently went with Demirsoy which boosted my confidence,

Surgery:

Day 0:

Demirsoy’s assistant picked me up from the hotel at 8am. The clinic is small and is located at like 30th floor of a commercial building. Signed a bunch of forms, then demirsoy drew the hairline after looking at my pictures from few years ago(before the hairloss) and considering my family history. I panicked a little and didn’t ask the doctor to lower the hairline further (I will probably go for another surgery in a few years if I am not satisfied with the hairline). Doctor gave me Xanax and his techs administered anesthetic. I was really anxious about the injections and couldn’t sleep for more than one hour the previous night. Then Demirsoy started extracting the grafts and his 3 assistants were removing the grafts from punched holes. I think it went on for 2-2.5 hours; I had a quick lunch and after that doctor extracted a few more grafts. Then comes the dreaded injections again on the recipient site (this time it did hurt a lot). Demirsoy made the incisions and his three assistants started placing the grafts. There were giggling and chuckling the whole time bantering in Turkish while placing the grafts, hope they didn’t mess it up. Then doctor looked at the head, took some pictures. Then I paid around 4000$ in cash (As they said they would charge extra for credit card) and Muzaffer dropped me off to the hotel.

I slept for about 3 hours on that day(jetlag maybe) and tried to sleep at 15-20 degree elevation using a travel pillow. 

Pre-op pictures

After the operation

http://imgur.com/a/7KJwoSs

Day 1:
Muzaffer picked me up again for the wash. The doctor wasn’t present that day, assistants removed the bandage from the donor, washed the sites and took some pictures. Muzaffer sent it to the doctor and doctor said everything looks fine. Muzaffer then took me to the pharmacy to get bunch of stuff and then dropped me off at the hotel. He also said he would pick me up again if any complications were to arise.

Day-1 post op.

http://imgur.com/a/4wDTruu

Day 2:
I could see little blood/dark spots on the recipient area and it was greasy too. Muzaffer said it was all good. I washed the head with Sebmed shampoo and tried to sleep at an elevated angle. I have a little swelling on forehead.

Day-2 post opDay-3 post op

The lowest point of hairline is about 6.5-6.8 cm from top of the brow and temple points are at about 8 cm. Muzaffer said the hairline would lower by few millimeters once the swelling goes down. 

Please let me know what you guys think? Is my hairline too high? 

I will probably update my progress pictures once every month.

It seems like you went for High density and all 2700 grafts were placed at the front. Looks like clean work,  and the fact that once everything was done, you paid is surprising

most clinics ask a deposit, or at least pay upfront but this is professional to trust the patients

good luck, i m sure you will get great results as your hair caliber from donor looks good/thick. would you mind sharing was it per graft 1.25 Euros rate for you or a total package ?

16 hours ago, HLPToronto said:

It seems like you went for High density and all 2700 grafts were placed at the front. Looks like clean work,  and the fact that once everything was done, you paid is surprising

most clinics ask a deposit, or at least pay upfront but this is professional to trust the patients

good luck, i m sure you will get great results as your hair caliber from donor looks good/thick. would you mind sharing was it per graft 1.25 Euros rate for you or a total package ?

Thank you for your response. Yes, it was 1.25 euros per graft. I was charged extra for the hotel and transportation. 

Demirsoy is always clean. Work looks excellent, nice job.

Don’t sweat the hairline height. Once it starts growing out you won’t even notice how high it felt before. Plus keeping it a bit more mature will match you better aesthetically as you age. Also a hairline can always be lowered - it’s a little trickier to go the other way.

It looks great. Congrats and happy growing!

• Like 1

Follow my second hair transplant journey below

Caucasian - 4613 Grafts - Eugenix, Dr. Arika Bansal