Best Clinics in Turkey for Frontal Hairline FUE Transplant Only?

Hi everyone,

Was wondering what the general consensus was on great hair transplant doctors/clinics in Turkey that specialize in frontal hairline FUE transplants? I have heard ASMED clinic and Dr. Keser are good in this regard, but would like to consider a few more options to do research on before I make my pick. I figured I would need somewhere around 1500-200 grafts in the frontal area due to receding hairline in the temples. Recommendations for places with natural looking hairlines is my main priority at the moment, specifically doctors that focus or specialize mainly on the frontal area (high density appearance, natural appearance, etc).

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

• Administrators

Personally, I’d advise against Turkey, there’s a few good clinics, but they are few and far in between. If you’re looking affordable check out HDC, Eugenix, or Bisangas athens clinic. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 minute ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Personally, I’d advise against Turkey, there’s a few good clinics, but they are few and far in between. If you’re looking affordable check out HDC, Eugenix, or Bisangas athens clinic. 

Thanks for the reply and info. Any reason you advise against Turkey? Affordability is definitely a top priority for me, and I hear Turkey is great in that regards which is why I was considering it. Obviously am happy to look at other countries if affordability can still be maintained in addition to quality.

The only one I've researched of those 3 so far was Dr. Bisanga. He is on the higher end for graft price though, no? http://bisangahairtransplant.com/html/faq_cost_cond.htm

And will start looking into the others now, thanks Melvin. 

• Administrators

Your top priority should be getting good results. Money comes and goes, we’ve had to remove two Turkish surgeons from our forum. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

@Chris32 Turkey is the world capital of botched hair transplants so be very careful and avoid ASMED like the plague.

In the whole country there’s only 1 sure bet which is HLC like @transplantedphil said and if you don’t have miniaturized hairs you can go to Dr. Pekiner but he will abort your surgery after shaving your head and extracting a few grafts if he finds miniaturized hairs or believes he can’t achieve a good result.

I can’t recommend Dr. Keser even though he has great results because he doesn’t use a microscope during surgeries and that’s simply not acceptable in 2020.

HLC charges 2.5€/graft but for that price you are better off going to Dr. Bruno Ferreira that has a more skilled technique than HLC and charges the same price at his Porto Clinic (more expensive if you go to Madrid where he does surgeries at Dr. Lorenzo’s clinic one of the best in the world). 

Edited by Portugal25

Thanks for all the info guys. Narrowing it down to HDC and HLC; liking what I see so far.

Question on miniaturization though.. I have miniaturization on the top of my head but donor area is excellent; no miniaturization whatsoever, shedding, or hair loss. Would doctors like Dr. Pekiner reject patients for a HT if he sees miniaturization on the top of the head? Or do they only consider miniaturization in the donor area when considering a HT patient?

@Chris32 I would narrow it down to HLC or Dr. Bruno Ferreira.

If you have miniaturized hairs in the frontal area you will most likely be rejected if you refuse to take Finasteride to stop your hairloss and avoid the progression of miniaturized hairs.

I highly advise to start taking Finasteride 3x/week like I’m doing along with spraying your scalp with minoxidil every night.

@PT#31 had his surgery aborted with Pekiner and also has miniaturized hairs in the front. He went to Dr. Bruno for a second opinion and Dr. Bruno ask patients with miniaturized hairs to take Finasteride for 6 months before having surgery.

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

@Chris32 I would narrow it down to HDC or Dr. Bruno Ferreira.

If you have miniaturized hairs in the frontal area you will most likely be rejected if you refuse to take Finasteride to stop your hairloss and avoid the progression of miniaturized hairs.

I highly advise to start taking Finasteride 3x/week like I’m doing along with spraying your scalp with minoxidil every night.

@PT#31 had his surgery aborted with Pekiner and also has miniaturized hairs in the front. He went to Dr. Bruno for a second opinion and had to take Finasteride for 6 months before Dr. Bruno would accept doing his surgery.

Why would they reject for miniaturized hairs in the front? I thought the whole point of having a HT was because you have hair loss or thinning hair in areas you want to have filled in? I figured donor area would be most important obviously to assessing patient candidacy.

If it means anything, I have ruled out Dr. Pekiner already. Obviously what you mentioned about him rejecting patients on a whim does not help his case.

I also understand that a HT is not a one and done procedure, and that follow up procedures are needed for the native non-transplanted hairs that continue to fall.

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, Chris32 said:

Thanks for all the info guys. Narrowing it down to HDC and HLC; liking what I see so far.

Question on miniaturization though.. I have miniaturization on the top of my head but donor area is excellent; no miniaturization whatsoever, shedding, or hair loss. Would doctors like Dr. Pekiner reject patients for a HT if he sees miniaturization on the top of the head? Or do they only consider miniaturization in the donor area when considering a HT patient?

Talk to @Doron Harati check out his story with HDC, they changed his life.

View my thread

@Chris32 actually @PT#31 was rejected after Dr. Pekiner saw in the microscope that he had miniaturized hairs in the donor area but he does also have them in the front.

17 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

@Chris32 actually @PT#31 was rejected after Dr. Pekiner saw in the microscope that he had miniaturized hairs in the donor area but he does also have them in the front.

Thanks for the clarification. Can't imagine being initially accepted through an online consultation for a HT, only to spend a lot of money on a flight to another country to be rejected in person after further review.

3 hours ago, LFC2 said:

What about Dr Resel Yaman? He has been a member of this network for over 5 years.

Yaman is a low cost Turkish Doctor charging 1€/graft with some bad results here at HRN but he does pay HRN so he’s one of their members. I highly advise you not to chose solely from the members list at HRN but from looking at results from actual patients posting real results. 

Yaman is doing DHI but with pre-made slits which eliminates one of the advantages of the DHI technique that is actually to avoid pre-made slits.

With pre-made slits the holes/slits will stay open for hours waiting for the grafts to be implanted and slits begins to close immediately after being opened so pre-made slits must be wider which is worse for post surgery recovery.

DHI is a technique where the Doctor uses several implator pens, each one is charged with a graft and then the Doctor punches a hole and implants the graft at the same time thus the slit/hole can be smaller meaning no swelling, quicker healing and higher graft survival rate.
This is highly demanding on the Doctor because it’s one graft at a time being punched and implanted in the right angle and location to assure a natural hairline. Now you can understand why Yaman prefers to do all the slits first thus establishing the hairline so the techs just need to punch where the X is marked (less chance of techs screwing up). 

Yaman is not the only Doctor advertising DHI but doing pre-made slits as there are many others and its probably due to the popularity of this more recent technique.

With Yaman you pay 1€/graft for DHI without actually reaping the full benefits of this technique.

Edited by Portugal25

11 hours ago, Chris32 said:

Thanks for the clarification. Can't imagine being initially accepted through an online consultation for a HT, only to spend a lot of money on a flight to another country to be rejected in person after further review.

@Chris32 in my opinion I believe we should be glad that there are Doctors humble enough to say they don’t believe they will be able to achieve the results the patient is expecting and ethical enough to abort a surgery instead of just taking the patient money and risk achieving a bad result.
Pekiner only does 1 patient per day so he lost 3 days of turnover at his clinic by rejecting @PT#31.
This is a Doctor that values his patients results more than money but it’s also fact he doesn’t like taking risks.

@PT#31 was devasted when his surgery was aborted but he’s now very grateful it happened because it allowed him to go to Dr. BrunoFerreira that is used to doing surgery on patients with miniaturized hair or DUPA at Lorenzo’s clinic (world authority on DUPA patients) so he has a much better chance now to get the results he was expecting.

Edited by Portugal25

13 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

@Chris32 I would narrow it down to HLC or Dr. Bruno Ferreira.

@PT#31 had his surgery aborted with Pekiner and also has miniaturized hairs in the front. He went to Dr. Bruno for a second opinion and had to take Finasteride for 6 months before Dr. Bruno would accept doing his surgery.

You recommend Dr. Ferreira pretty aggressively on this forum. Do you have any kind of relationship or affiliation with him?

6 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

@Chris32 in my opinion I believe we should be glad that there are Doctors humble enough to say they don’t believe they will be able to achieve the results the patient is expecting and ethical enough to abort a surgery instead of just taking the patient money and risk achieving a bad result.
Pekiner only does 1 patient per day so he lost 3 days of turnover at his clinic by rejecting @PT#31.
This is a Doctor that values his patients results more than money but it’s also fact he doesn’t like taking risks.

@PT#31 was devasted when his surgery was aborted but he’s now very grateful it happened because it allowed him to go to Dr. BrunoFerreira that is used to doing surgery on patients with miniaturized hair or DUPA at Lorenzo’s clinic (world authority on DUPA patients) so he has a much better chance now to get the results he was expecting.

Is pekiner aborting surgeries Bc he is ethical or is he aborting surgeries Bc he’s afraid of bad cases being posted online and affecting his reputation that he’s trying to make? His rep here was attacking a member from Russia that had posted his bad results and after that it seemed like he started aborting more and more operations.

23 minutes ago, LonelyGraft said:

Is pekiner aborting surgeries Bc he is ethical or is he aborting surgeries Bc he’s afraid of bad cases being posted online and affecting his reputation that he’s trying to make? His rep here was attacking a member from Russia that had posted his bad results and after that it seemed like he started aborting more and more operations.

Why does it matter which one of those reason? he prefer to avoid surgeries with low potential, and honestly I dont think it is that bad, it shows he has ethics, either way you want a surgeon that his reputation is important to him, rather than one who wants only your money. And bottom line you know that if you had a procedure with him you have very high chances of good results.  The really weird part is that he aborts it DURING the procedure... I mean, is it really true? people here keep saying this, but did we really hear it happens often? if it was only one or two cases then maybe it was just some 'glitches',  But if it happens repeatedly then it is  concerning, even frontal consultation cant prevent it? I am in contact with him to verify this issue actually. It is just bad since his results are amazing, but I really wouldnt want to get aborted on the day of the surgery...

Edited by karatekid

23 minutes ago, karatekid said:

Why does it matter which one of those reason? he prefer to avoid surgeries with low potential, and honestly I dont think it is that bad, it shows he has ethics, either way you want a surgeon that his reputation is important to him, rather than one who wants only your money. And bottom line you know that if you had a procedure with him you have very high chances of good results.  The really weird part is that he aborts it DURING the procedure... I mean, is it really true? people here keep saying this, but did we really hear it happens often? if it was only one or two cases then maybe it was just some 'glitches',  But if it happens repeatedly then it is  concerning, even frontal consultation cant prevent it? I am in contact with him to verify this issue actually. It is just bad since his results are amazing, but I really wouldnt want to get aborted on the day of the surgery...

R u joking? Do u know how devastating it would be to prepare for surgery, fly out there, all the while the doctor tells you you’re a good candidate thru email. Then while he’s extracting roughly TWO HUNDRED grafts, he tells you that he will have to abort the surgery Bc your grafts are Miniaturized. Ask @duchaine how he felt about his aborted surgery. Luckily he used his time in Turkey wisely and went to the clinic that pekiner trained at and they evaluated him and said everything was ok and even took out a few test grafts to examine. His results look excellent now.

also doesn’t Help that he had a rep on here that was telling the moderators to remove threads with bad results. Now you tell me if all of this is ok

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LonelyGraft said:

R u joking? Do u know how devastating it would be to prepare for surgery, fly out there, all the while the doctor tells you you’re a good candidate thru email. Then while he’s extracting roughly TWO HUNDRED grafts, he tells you that he will have to abort the surgery Bc your grafts are Miniaturized. Ask @duchaine how he felt about his aborted surgery. Luckily he used his time in Turkey wisely and went to the clinic that pekiner trained at and they evaluated him and said everything was ok and even took out a few test grafts to examine. His results look excellent now.

also doesn’t Help that he had a rep on here that was telling the moderators to remove threads with bad results. Now you tell me if all of this is ok

No Im not joking, did you read what I wrote? I said that this part of aborting during the surgery is awful, especially such high number like 200 grafts.  I just wondered if it really happens often.

5 hours ago, PizzaWolf said:

You recommend Dr. Ferreira pretty aggressively on this forum. Do you have any kind of relationship or affiliation with him?

@PizzaWolf I have no affiliation with Dr. Bruno other than the emails we exchanged when I was selecting the Doctor for my second HT and the emails we are exchanging now regarding my possible 3rd HT
I recommend him because he managed to perform a amazing HT on my friend @PT#31 after he was rejected by Pekiner and because I truly believe he’s very cheap for the highly skilled surgery he’s doing.

Edited by Portugal25

51 minutes ago, karatekid said:

I said that this part of aborting during the surgery is awful, especially such high number like 200 grafts.  I just wondered if it really happens often.

And in any case the 200 grafts extracted, the patient pays them all, in the end, if we have to talk about ethics, he should not take that money, if we think well, the mistake is his, it is he who tells the patient that he is a good candidate on the basis  to the photos she sends him.

@Egy actually Pekiner extracted 200 grafts from @PT#31 and gave him two options: 

1) Abort the previously booked 3 day surgery and charge him no money (clinic loses 3 days of revenue).

2) Implant the extracted 200 grafts and charge him only those 200 grafts

@PT#31 chose option 2 but he could have left without paying any money to Dr. Pekiner.

Edited by Portugal25

3 minutes ago, Egy said:

And in any case the 200 grafts extracted, the patient pays them all, in the end, if we have to talk about ethics, he should not take that money, if we think well, the mistake is his, it is he who tells the patient that he is a good candidate on the basis  to the photos she sends him.

Ok this is just horrible. I actually cant believe it is true

Edit: ok I saw now the comment of portugal, this makes a bit more sense

Edited by karatekid