Where is Spex ?

Hi, 

I saw him on TV last week on This Morning talking about hair transplants.

I used to come on here a few years ago and he was a big poster and used to really help people.

Is he still about as i've had no reply to emails i sent him.

BR George

• Administrators

He got his feelings hurt when a certain surgeon had something to say about him, and when the old managing publisher said something about him, he left. 

I extended an olive branch, but then I remembered that he had created a post wanting to charge skype consultations for patients, to talk about their hair loss. I really don’t want that on this site. I talk to you guys for free. I would never charge skype consultations, that’s taking advantage IMO.

• Like 5

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, GeorgeE said:

oh...... thanks.

Ive been on his website SpexHair but not getting a reply. Anyone got email for him ?

BR George

If you need access to any surgeon you can use our list, which is not overseen by any one person, but our entire community. 
https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp

If you have specific concerns you want to talk about, send me a PM I’ll be more than happy to help you for free!

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

He's a bit of a fraud/salesman in my eyes.

He was always on here posting really helpful comments, and he'd always tell you to "reach out" if you ever needed guidance. Seemingly free of bias.

I emailed him, kind of told him my story and that I was somewhat lost. He just tried to funnel me into his affiliate clinic and gave me the details of who to contact. 

Just a salesman, but made himself out to be a hairloss mentor of sorts 

• Like 5

Thanks. I couldn't have found him more helpful when i spoke to him years ago several times and he never charged me. I offered to pay him for all his time as seemed only fair considering all the time he gave me but he wasn't bothered to be paid. 

Thanks for the replies. I assume people on here might not like him then if he left the forum.

Where's the post about what the Dr said about him and what the moderator said about him which caused him to leave ?

BR George 

P.S Out of interest how much was he charging for a Skype conversation back in 2016 because that's when i was in touch with him  ?

Edited by GeorgeE

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, GeorgeE said:

Thanks. I couldn't have found him more helpful when i spoke to him years ago several times and he never charged me. I offered to pay him for all his time as seemed only fair considering all the time he gave me but he wasn't bothered to be paid. 

Thanks for the replies. I assume people on here might not like him then if he left the forum.

Where's the post about what the Dr said about him and what the moderator said about him which caused him to leave ?

BR George 

I don’t know him personally, but I’ve attached the thread where he’s charging patients to “vent” about hair loss. We no longer have that thread up where he and a surgeon were having words.

In my opinion, you’ll get better help from the members on this forum who have no affiliation or bias. You don’t have to speak to me per-say, as I’m employed by the forum. But countless members here are here because they want to give back, and they’ll tell you the truth with no monetary incentives. Whatever you decide best of luck! 

View my thread

Thanks. Why was it taken down? Would be helpful to see what actually played out as must have been quite something for him to leave. Don't worry I have read the forums for years and very well versed in them. I saw Spex on TV last week and it prompted me to want to speak to him and congratulate him and thought he would be on here as he's not replied to my emails. I expect he's pretty busy but I can't thank him enough as he recommenced HW for a large FUT surgery and the results are great and i just wanted to thank him.

BR George 

Edited by GeorgeE

• Administrators

Both he and the surgeon requested it, funny enough it was one of the surgeons you mentioned. Anyways, it’s neither here nor there, I have no desire to drum up old drama. 

Best wishes, 

View my thread

A few years back I met some HT industry guys at a meet up in London.  They had a few things to say about his past conduct, believe me...

He has his fans but many detractors too.

I saw the 'This Morning' thing as I was on leave that day and by chance saw a trailer for it.  I don't normally watch that daytime sh1te, but tuned in for it.

It was the same old "I spent £40k fixing my hair" story which we've heard a million times.  They had a representative from the HS Hair Clinic who could barely string a sentence together.  I don't think the poor guy was used to being on TV and English wasnt his first language.

It's a shame these shows don't do more to explain the nuts and bolts of HTs.

• Like 2

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, 1978matt said:

A few years back I met some HT industry guys at a meet up in London.  They had a few things to say about his past conduct, believe me...

He has his fans but many detractors too.

I saw the 'This Morning' thing as I was on leave that day and by chance saw a trailer for it.  I don't normally watch that daytime sh1te, but tuned in for it.

It was the same old "I spent £40k fixing my hair" story which we've heard a million times.  They had a representative from the HS Hair Clinic who could barely string a sentence together.  I don't think the poor guy was used to being on TV and English wasnt his first language.

It's a shame these shows don't do more to explain the nuts and bolts of HTs.

Pretty sure that's the same clinic that Rooney went too. 

View my thread

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Both he and the surgeon requested it, funny enough it was one of the surgeons you mentioned. Anyways, it’s neither here nor there, I have no desire to drum up old drama. 

Best wishes, 

Melvin, isn’t it against the forum policy to delete threads and posts? They only get archived I assumed?

• Administrators
Just now, HTHope said:

Melvin, isn’t it against the forum policy to delete threads and posts? They only get archived I assumed?

Yes, it's archived from public view, not deleted. 

View my thread

One of the biggest conmen in the game - which is hilarious seeing as though his tagline as to why he does what he does is to protect patients from these very people. 

He's no better than a tabloid journalist here in the UK - in fact thats exactly what most of his work is, writing bald shaming articles about David Beckham or the two Prince's in newspapers not worthy enough of wiping your ars3 with. 

Don't be fooled by his whole nice guy act, he's profited and profiting handsomely from all his affiliations with clinics (some of which are useless) and deer in headlight patients that succumb to his marketing - he smashes dutasteride yet will have you believe the £50+ a bottle shampoo, or the wellman vitamins he promotes is maintaing his hair 😆. Oh and his favourite word to use is plethora, probably in his own deluded way to try and make himself sound doctor level intelligent, and attract patients for his little 1-1 skype consultations (where you'd be advised Dr Bhatti over Dr Hasson) lol! 

Shame because he could genuinely use his experiences and knowledge selflessly, and really give back to the community without capitalising at all. 

Anyway, considering you have 4 posts, all used up to start and write this thread, I wouldn't be surprised if you were Spex himself trying to drum up a bit of traffic your way again 😂

Congrats on your ITV debut 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

He got his feelings hurt when a certain surgeon had something to say about him, and when the old managing publisher said something about him, he left. 

I extended an olive branch, but then I remembered that he had created a post wanting to charge skype consultations for patients, to talk about their hair loss. I really don’t want that on this site. I talk to you guys for free. I would never charge skype consultations, that’s taking advantage IMO.

What happened to bill?

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Coady said:

What happened to bill?

He hasn’t been with our company in over a year. 

View my thread

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Curious25 said:

One of the biggest conmen in the game - which is hilarious seeing as though his tagline as to why he does what he does is to protect patients from these very people. 

He's no better than a tabloid journalist here in the UK - in fact thats exactly what most of his work is, writing bald shaming articles about David Beckham or the two Prince's in newspapers not worthy enough of wiping your ars3 with. 

Don't be fooled by his whole nice guy act, he's profited and profiting handsomely from all his affiliations with clinics (some of which are useless) and deer in headlight patients that succumb to his marketing - he smashes dutasteride yet will have you believe the £50+ a bottle shampoo, or the wellman vitamins he promotes is maintaing his hair 😆. Oh and his favourite word to use is plethora, probably in his own deluded way to try and make himself sound doctor level intelligent, and attract patients for his little 1-1 skype consultations (where you'd be advised Dr Bhatti over Dr Hasson) lol! 

Shame because he could genuinely use his experiences and knowledge selflessly, and really give back to the community without capitalising at all. 

Anyway, considering you have 4 posts, all used up to start and write this thread, I wouldn't be surprised if you were Spex himself trying to drum up a bit of traffic your way again 😂

Very odd, now that you mentioned it.  I didn’t realize that was his first post. Well, if it is him, it’s backfired massively.

image.gif

• Like 1

View my thread

9 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Lol

One thing I did notice 'over the years' is that whenever some celeb was mentioned in the press, he would comment somewhere about 'having met them'.

"I've met Wayne several times and his hair looks great"

"The last time I met David Beckham his hair looked really good"

"I've seen Bradley (Cooper's) hair in person and his donor looks strong"

Seemed a bit phoney most of the time.

This might explain why spex left the forum as appears to be some bad blood. I genuinely wanted to speak to him after he helped me and he recommended Dr Hasson to me. I'll dig the pictures out to prove my legitimacy. This is one of the reasons i never really used to post on forums and just read as too often drama and hostility. I doubt spex needs posts made about him by himself if on TV and getting exposure in media. He was always very helpful to me but appreciate he must have some people who dislike him, for whatever reason.  I think whatever anyone does people will always be able to find negatives.

1789MATT: One thing I did notice 'over the years' is that whenever some celeb was mentioned in the press, he would comment somewhere about 'having met them'.

Can you link to these media comments ?

BR George 

Edited by GeorgeE

20 minutes ago, GeorgeE said:

This might explain why spex left the forum as appears to be some bad blood. I genuinely wanted to speak to him after he helped me and he recommended Dr Hasson to me. I'll dig the pictures out to prove my legitimacy. This is one of the reasons i never really used to post on forums and just read as too often drama and hostility. I doubt spex needs posts made about him by himself if on TV and getting exposure in media. He was always very helpful to me but appreciate he must have some people who dislike him, for whatever reason.  I think whatever anyone does people will always be able to find negatives.

1789MATT: One thing I did notice 'over the years' is that whenever some celeb was mentioned in the press, he would comment somewhere about 'having met them'.

BR George 

I've not got time to trawl his 5000+ posts I'm afraid.  It's just an observation that stuck with me over recent years.

Just another sleazy salesperson masquerading as a consumer advocate.

Had a chat with him not long ago and he just tried to hard sell me GroMD shampoo like it was the second coming of Christ.

It's obviously ironic and depressing in equal measure that he does this off the back of being screwed over himself as a youngster in this industry.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GeorgeE said:

BR George 

Oh mate come on, I'm even more convinced that it's you now than I was yesterday - why else would a 'former Spex patient' who just popped in to 'find out where he'd gone', be bothered to go off topic and ask a member to back up something he said which is completely irrelevant to why he originally posted? 

It's also very suspicious how you're claiming you had surgery with a Dr he recommended you to go to, who also happens to be (by chance I'm sure), the Dr involved in the bust up on here.  

Someone earlier couldn't have put it better on here, it's depressing how from your own unfortunate experiences as a young patient, you've essentially become an industry predator yourself. 

Edited by Curious25

11 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

Oh mate come on, I'm even more convinced that it's you now than I was yesterday - why else would a 'former Spex patient' who just popped in to 'find out where he'd gone', be bothered to go off topic and ask a member to back up something he said which is completely irrelevant to why he originally posted? 

It's also very suspicious how you're claiming you had surgery with a Dr he recommended you to go to, who also happens to be (by chance I'm sure), the Dr involved in the bust up on here.  

Someone earlier couldn't have put it better on here, it's depressing how from your own unfortunate experiences as a young patient, you've essentially become an industry predator yourself. 

Agreed. Could be a fan, but certainly reads very suspiciously.