Pulling out FUE grafts on hairline if you don’t like the shape?

Vpac

This is a silly question I know.... but I’m after serious answers not further questions about why I am asking this question...

Say you are 10 days post-op and grafts are newly inserted and the hair hasn’t fallen out yet.

you’ve been given a curved / vshape hairline and not really liking it at all. Before you had a straight hairline and want to make it straight again, can you just pull out some of the grafts at the bottom of the V-shape with a tweezer and make it straighter yourself? Like it will be literally tweezing about 15-20 single hair grafts at the bottom of the V-shape just to make the hairline look more straight and rounded rather than looking like a Dracula hairline. Will this cause any scarring? 

If yes, can grafts be removed in future from that area in future (remembering that it’s only about say 20 single hair grafts) without leaving any scarring if done by a surgeon?

Dunno, but I would worry about harming other grafts nearby. You can always pluck it back intermittently when everything is healed and growing again, in like 6-12 months. You don’t know for sure what it’ll look like until then anyway.

“You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not...”

- John Lennon

I wouldn't do it because it may affect the adjacent grafts at this point or cause bleeding/ Scars/pitting and them you'll have bigger concerns. 

15-20 grafts is not all that much.  I would wait and see what the grafts look like when grown out and then you can experiment with perhaps shaving them (a quite popular activity) and see how that looks.  You never know,  you may like the Dracula look after all.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

You can always get FUE punch outs down the road if you don't like how the hairline turned out.  I have had that down and really don't have any scars from it.  Keep in mind that the slits the grafts are placed into look larger post-op than when it grows out.

Edited by aaron1234

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Lots of good advice above.  I'm sure your doctor would be happy to remove any grafts now if it's going to really bother you.  I wouldn't pluck them out yourself, let your doctor do that.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.