Most Promising Future Treatments for Hair Regeneration

I wanted to start a thread where we can all share potential 'cures' that are currently being researched. This is mine:

Professor Angela Christiano at Columbia University in NY has figured how to clone hair follicles and create an unlimited supply for implanting.

Edited by joey_w
  • Like 2

• Administrators

There’s been a potential cure for the past 20 years. Tsuji, allergan, none of these are even close IMO. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

One day there will be a cure....hair cloning to create infinite donor reserve to be transplanted seems like the best bet...............I, for one, look forward to being a NW0 with 120 FU's per/cm in my hairline as I'm lowered into my grave 😂 God bless the scientists 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, pre-screened said:

One day there will be a cure....hair cloning to create infinite donor reserve to be transplanted seems like the best bet...............I, for one, look forward to being a NW0 with 120 FU's per/cm in my hairline as I'm lowered into my grave 😂 God bless the scientists 

They will have to raise me from my grave to get my 120 FU per/cm. !!

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

5 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

There’s been a potential cure for the past 20 years. Tsuji, allergan, none of these are even close IMO. 

Tsuji is probably the closest right now and from the sounds of it human clinical trials may be starting as early as this year.

Now, when I say "closest" what I mean is the closest to completing all of the hoops one has to jump through. Until human clinical trials are complete we don't really know if the efficacy of the treatment is all it's intended/hyped up to be. Moreover, even if it's able to regenerate 100% of your hair the initial projected cost is out of the price range for the vast majority of people at 200k plus.

There is always a lot of justified pessimism on these types of threads, because a brief scan at the track record for 'cures' and their time frames doesn't particularly equate to a huge amount of success. 

However, 

What do we mean by cure? By definition - 'to relieve a person of the symptoms of a disease or condition'

So ultimately when we speak of a cure, we are looking for something that can reverse hair loss? 

Some would argue finasteride is capable of doing exactly this when the follicles are in a miniaturised state- albeit at the expense of potential side effects, and differing responses from individuals in terms of results. However for some - this could technically be 'a cure'. 

We have excellent hair restoration surgeons, capable of performing work that would have been unimaginable 10 years ago, let alone 30-40 years ago - so based on illusion of density - this for the average NW5 patient, could equally be argued to be 'a/the cure'. 

I think we'd be naive to remain as pessimistic as is usually shown on discussions such as these, because there is no doubt about it - hair restoration techniques are getting better and better, and with an industry price tag of over a billion dollars, investments into development and research are only on the upward trajectory, and have been for many years. 

There is a huge focus on regenerative medicine in the medical world at the moment, and hair loss is a sub section within the medical field where there is a particular interest with regards to regenerative therapies, with some patients already demonstrating great results. 

It's never a one size fits all when it comes to treatments in this industry, so the more options that become available, the higher the percentage of sufferers who will be able to benefit.   

Cautiously optimistic, I think, is the most helpful mind frame one should hold in respect to this - in particular the younger members who are perhaps in their late teens or 20's. 

IMO - for patients at NW5 and below, there are options already out there enabling them to be 'cured'. 

Edited by Curious25

• Moderators
14 hours ago, voxman said:

They will have to raise me from my grave to get my 120 FU per/cm. !!

So in about 60 years you'll be this guy.

1452002788_hairdead.jpg.ff12825fd97d00a13324dfb808ff21fb.jpg

• Haha 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.