Dr. Hasson / 4855 grafts / FUE / 1 session / Full Coverage / NW 5A - 6 / 1 year post-op

This Vancouver area patient in his late mid to 30’s began to lose hair in his later 20’s. A more recent evaluation of his hair loss prompted a try of Rogaine for about a year with little success. Finally he decided it was time to visit Hasson and Wong in hopes of improving his hair loss situation. It was determined FUE was the best option and Dr. Hasson and staff proceeded with a 2 day FUE procedure which produced a total of 4855 grafts. Day 1 addressed the front/mid and yielded 2609 grafts of which 300 single hair grafts, 1826 were doubles and 483 were 3-4 hair grafts. Day 2’s total harvest for the crown was 2246 grafts, 1569 doubles and 677 3-4 hair grafts. These photos were taken 1 year post-op with his donor area cut to a #1 guard.  The patient is extremely pleased with his result and wanted to share. We also hope to have him back soon for a video.

1.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg

Immediately post-op day 1
12.jpg
14.jpg
16.jpg

Immediately post-op day 2

13.jpg

15.jpg

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

This result is a slam dunk 👍, even more so when you see how immaculate the donor looks.

Since this guy was a high norwood patient, what convinced Dr. Hasson he could achieve such good coverage with FUE, as opposed to FUT?

This is actually one of the best cases I've seen. Only 4800 grafts and it seems he has never had hairloss even such a short hair cut.

Was laxity an issue that it was decided to proceed with FUE? Did the patient have coarse hair?

• Administrators

Simply amazing 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for the comments !

20 hours ago, asterix0 said:

This result is a slam dunk 👍, even more so when you see how immaculate the donor looks.

Since this guy was a high norwood patient, what convinced Dr. Hasson he could achieve such good coverage with FUE, as opposed to FUT?

asterix0,

Dr. Hasson will assess quality and quantity of donor reserves, area to cover and a few other factors. He can then reasonably determine if the supply will meet the demand and can therefore advise the patient on what he expects can be accomplished. For FUE he'll take into consideration that he can select more double and 3-4 hair grafts which will provide more coverage than with the same number using FUT. He will also determine if the area is fairly large whether FUT should be considered first to maximize coverage in cases where the patient is open to either method he recommends.

18 hours ago, deitel130 said:

This is actually one of the best cases I've seen. Only 4800 grafts and it seems he has never had hairloss even such a short hair cut.

Was laxity an issue that it was decided to proceed with FUE? Did the patient have coarse hair?

deitel130,

Laxity was not an issue, he could have had FUT but had conviction he wanted FUE to enable the option of this short cut. Hair texture was slightly above average.

16 hours ago, giegnosiganoe said:

Did the patient take finasteride?

giegnosiganoe,

No. He is considering it now.

Edited by H & W Doug
spelling/format

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

• Moderators

That crown came out totally awesome

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2020 at 2:01 AM, H & W Doug said:

This Vancouver area patient in his late mid to 30’s began to lose hair in his later 20’s. A more recent evaluation of his hair loss prompted a try of Rogaine for about a year with little success. Finally he decided it was time to visit Hasson and Wong in hopes of improving his hair loss situation. It was determined FUE was the best option and Dr. Hasson and staff proceeded with a 2 day FUE procedure which produced a total of 4855 grafts. Day 1 addressed the front/mid and yielded 2609 grafts of which 300 single hair grafts, 1826 were doubles and 483 were 3-4 hair grafts. Day 2’s total harvest for the crown was 2246 grafts, 1569 doubles and 677 3-4 hair grafts. These photos were taken 1 year post-op with his donor area cut to a #1 guard.  The patient is extremely pleased with his result and wanted to share. We also hope to have him back soon for a video.

This was surely a really complicated case... and it turned out TOP result!

And the donor area is what impresses me the most, so carefully managed that it looks amazing even at that short cut!!!

Congratulations H&W on another super result : )