Second FUE Surgery Concerns

rie_84

Hi All,

New joiner but I underwent FUE with Dr Reddy in 2016. At the time of the surgery this forum was a great resource to read through.

I had ~6000 grafts on the crown and temples, I was happy with the results and it looked a lot better but the crown never really achieved the density I hoped for - 4 years on, I've lost a bit more in the crown and in the temples and it's not too far from how it was when I had it done (I use Regaine Extra and Propecia daily).

I am considering a second surgery, but I am worried about impact of too many grafts from the back and sides, it looks fine now (I wear it about a number 4 on the clippers), but if I cut it any shorter than 3/2 you can see it is thinner where the grafts were taken.

Has anyone had similar experiences and taken the plunge with a second surgery? Did you have any issues with it too thin around the sides?

My other option, which scares me a little, is the hairpiece route which online the pictures look ace - but I don't want the hassle, and I don't want to turn into a TikTok star with it flying off on a roller coaster or something haha.

The original surgery cost me a huge amount 15-20k, and I wouldn't want to spend that again if I can avoid it.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

2 hours ago, rie_84 said:

Sorry, from memory I believe I was charged per hair rather than per graft, so it was around 6000 hairs I think but I don't know the exact grafts :(

It was probably 2,200-2,500 grafts based on that many hairs.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Administrators

Would love to see some pictures to give you an accurate response.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Send us some pictures of your donor areas.  I've had two surgeries (5,125 and 2,000) grafts.  Check out my website below for pictures and videos.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.