Which aloe vera for donor area post FUE?

Hi,

Which aloe vera is recommended to help heal the donor area post FUE?

I've read that dr organic is ok but having read some reviews on Amazon, it appears it's not actually 100% organic and contains chemicals that actually affects peoples skin?

I’ve tried the top reviewed ones on amazon that supposedly don’t use alcohol or other bad preservatives and they gave me irritation so I don’t trust them. Go to the market and buy the actual aloe Vera leafs which are all natural and cheap. Peel the skin with a knife and use either the knife or spoon to get the gel out. Then use a fork to whisk it to the right consistency or even better a hand blender. You can store the extra gel in the fridge for a few days and just repeat the process when you need more. It gave me a lot of relief in the donor area from itching and I applied it on the recipient area to loosen the scabs.

Edited by Sam818
  • Like 1

I completely agree with Sam, and if you can get your hands on an actual plant that would be a great option. I used to have one several years ago, but couldn't keep it alive. (I have a horrible green thumb. Lol)

I just checked the aloe vera gel that I have and even though it's 98% aloe vera gel, the ingredients list is about 20 items long. 😳 It would probably be okay, since all the additives are in very small numbers, but to be safe, I would get the plant and call it a day. 

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Hey London,

post my 2 hair transplants i used this Aloe Vera gel in the picture and it was fine.

just recently i bought an Aloe Vera plant for another use. if you want a plant it's really easy just like Sam said- you just cut a little piece of the leaf and the pure gel is inside of it, you just need to scoop it out, that's it.

Attached the gel i used and the plant.

s-l400.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-08 at 15.14.25.jpeg

Edited by wheretogo