Finasteride & Oral Minoxidil

Drugs110

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Drugs110 said:

I don't really care about the future to be honest. I'm 23 currently, I want to keep a perfect hairline (after a HT ofc) until I'm 35 MAYBE 40. I'll go to a HT clinic this month for them to tell me exactly how many grafts my donor area has (never had a HT before)

I'm going to go to a spanish HT surgeon when I turn 25. This guy's very very expensive but he's amazing. The name is Dr Couto. Look at his results on YouTube - FUExpert. I doubt he will cause me permanent shock loss. 

Man, after reading your comments, you are 💯 not a suitable candidate. Life exists beyond your 20’s. Believe me, you will care what you look like until the day you die. Your hairline isn’t your problem, look at henry cavill, no one cares that he’s a Norwood 2. If you really want to improve your appearance start with the gym. 
image.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Honestly, I think you need to work on your mental health first. There seems to be a dysmorphia. Even if you get a hair transplant there’s no guarantee it will be a success, and even if it is, you may not be happy with the results. If you think that’s disgusting, imagine a failed hair transplant. What’s worse? 

Why would such an extremely expensive yet excellent doc such as Dr Couto give me a botched transplant?

3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Man, after reading your comments, you are 💯 not a suitable candidate. Life exists beyond your 20’s. Believe me, you will care what you look like until the day you die. Your hairline isn’t your problem, look at henry cavill, no one cares that he’s a Norwood 2. If you really want to improve your appearance start with the gym. 
image.jpeg

You forgot that he doesn't have anywhere the forehead size (not the hairline) that I have always had since I was born. Genetically big forehead+"low" Norwood (Norwood 2 I think, wdyt?) ruins my hairline for me. This is why I want a transplant. Also, compare his temple points to mine, his are way better

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Drugs110 said:

Why would such an extremely expensive yet excellent doc such as Dr Couto give me a botched transplant?

Because no one can guarantee success. Your age, expectations, and image issues, make you a terrible candidate. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Your hairline currently looks good.  That whole square hairline and closing your temples in wishes will prob cost you like 2000 grafts and add many risks to your head.  You wont be able to do a proper fade.  Your donor will be shocked and decimated leaving You with Density issues.  If your transplant fails, you will be left chasing repairs and risk massive scarring.  The way hair transplants are marketed is deceptive.  You got great hair for starters.  If you think you are shedding hair, ask a dermatologist.  Only if you are and a doctor says so, look into meds to preserve your hair to save you from future desperation.

do not fix what isn’t broken.  I had a similar widows peak and etc as you.  Doctors destroyed aesthetics to it and added to my despair.  Thats after shelling out money as well.  Now im bound to forums to find some corrections.  Dont believe the hype and get caught up with this.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Drugs110 said:

And yes I agree, women have crazy expectations but what can I do?

For starters you should know that a woman will never respect a man that doesn’t respect himself. Also, if your only goal is to attract shallow gorgeous women instead of focusing on improving your hairline just focus on improving your bank account because trust me that’s all they really give a crap about. Your a good looking young dude with a nice head of hair. Find other ways to improve your self confidence and get the hell off this forum and enjoy your life.

Edited by Sam818
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Drugs110 said:

Women always say my hairline is disgusting, or that I need to fix my receeding hairline. I do agree with them.

Another thing since I just noticed this comment, if a girl really said this to you she was probably just testing you to see how you’d react and measure your confidence. They are amazing at detecting low confidence in guys. The correct reaction if a girl actually said this to you would be to laugh it off and say something funny like “you know I read a Harvard study which showed a direct correlation between penis growth and hairline recession”. You never show a girl a comment like that bothers you even though it obviously did since you’re looking into surgery! Listen to the collective wisdom of older dudes who have been thru more than you and get the idea of surgery out of your head.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Drugs110 said:

Yes but sadly I believe the reason they're doing this to us is because of online dating apps. I'll simplify what I mean: Tinder is the major app here. Tinder uses an ELO system. The only guys they see on Tinder are male model-tier with perfect square NW0-NW1 hairlines because they have the highest ELO score, while the average and below average looking aren't actually shown. So say the first 100 guys a girl's profile sees on Tinder is all male model-tier guys with perfect intact hairlines. This is what she sees, so this is what she thinks your average guy looks like. When she goes out in the real world, all she sees is actually average looking guys with some form of recession going on (research says 2 out of 3 men will start balding starting at age 18). So of course she's gonna be disappointed... LOL

This is indeed very sad but idk, if you read this, maybe now you'll understand why they're so shocked by actually average male looks hahahaha

I was intentionally not responding to this particular bit because it didn't seem as relevant, but since desirability in the eyes of women became more of a theme in this thread I feel like I should comment on this.

Tinder's algorithm hasn't used ELO in over a year. If you're still not having success with women on the app it has nothing to do with ELO. Beyond that, I have a good ten years on you and a mature hairline myself, and I can still attract the attention of women in the age group you're looking at. What you said about how you "shouldn't" have a mature hairline at 23 is incorrect. Mature hairlines start to kick in around 17-30 on average and you are right there in that age group. As I said, only major anomalies like Bill Clinton or George Lucas keep their juvenile hairline, and most of THOSE men wouldn't have been considered 10/10 in the looks department even in their prime.

I am going to second the recommendation to start hitting the gym if you're looking to improve your appearance. Getting in shape will not only give you some muscle, but can also improve a number of other things you were talking about like facial aesthetics etc. Learning to actually style your hair solo would probably help you too.

Again, you're going to do what you want regardless, but if you think the marginal aesthetic difference in moving your hairline back to where it was in those older photos is going to majorly increase your attractiveness in the eyes of women you're barking up the wrong tree. There are other things you can do that would have a much more significant impact. Not trying to be a jackass here, but that's the truth.

4 hours ago, Sean said:

Your hairline currently looks good.  That whole square hairline and closing your temples in wishes will prob cost you like 2000 grafts and add many risks to your head.  You wont be able to do a proper fade.  Your donor will be shocked and decimated leaving You with Density issues.  If your transplant fails, you will be left chasing repairs and risk massive scarring.  The way hair transplants are marketed is deceptive.  You got great hair for starters.  If you think you are shedding hair, ask a dermatologist.  Only if you are and a doctor says so, look into meds to preserve your hair to save you from future desperation.

do not fix what isn’t broken.  I had a similar widows peak and etc as you.  Doctors destroyed aesthetics to it and added to my despair.  Thats after shelling out money as well.  Now im bound to forums to find some corrections.  Dont believe the hype and get caught up with this.  

Why won't I be able to do a proper fade 1-1.5 years post-transplant? 

Why would I develop density issues if the doc is someone like Couto? Have you seen his results?

Edited by Drugs110

FUE will leave tiny white dots/scars for every graft that’s taken. Times that by however many grafts and you could have say 2000 white dots/scars spaced across your donor zone. So if you go too short they will be visable. No matter who does the HT there is no escaping this. Those of us that have had FUE know this and have to accept it. 

• Like 1

Just now, JohnAC71 said:

FUE will leave tiny white dots/scars for every graft that’s taken. Times that by however many grafts and you could have say 2000 white dots/scars spaced across your donor zone. So if you go too short they will be visable. No matter who does the HT there is no escaping this. Those of us that have had FUE know this and have to accept it. 

Oh right, right, I see what you mean. I was thinking of the new temple peaks hahaha. It wouldn't phase me tho, I'd just tell the girl / person asking that I've had a hair transplant. If they think it's weird, then that's their problem

18 minutes ago, transplantedphil said:

Ive mostly seen his clinic postings. The patient ones ive seen are merely "ok".

If I judged every doc by their cherry picked "best case scenario"  results id think the industry was a wonderful place full of ethical people all emotionally invested in my personal wellbeing ❤️

The only way you can truly assess a clinic is their patient verified reports. if getting a HT was easy nobody would waste any of their time in places like these. 

Can you link them?