Hair loss suggestion

Hi,

First thing, thank you for taking the time to read my thread.

I have 30 years and I'm willing to do a hair transplant surgery, I started looking around and I went to see a doctor based in my city.

He suggested me to start with a 3,000 grafts using the FUT method, than two additional procedures (FUE) of 1,500 each.

As I don't want to jump in without taking the advice of anyone who went through this, I'm open to have any suggestion/experience/advice from you.

I don't know if it's realistic, but I'm willing to not get an FUT because of the scare, I want to avoid it, which is the reason why I want to have an FUE.

Please find attached a picture of the actual situation of my scalp.

Thank you, cheers!

DSC_0464.png

You need at least 7000 grafts to get a decent result.

I highly advise to have a FUT mega session with Dr. Muresanu at Hattingen Clinic (3.45€/graft). They have done 8000 grafts in one surgery. 

If you are dead set on FUE you should book Dr. Sethi at Eugenix (2.9€/graft for the premium package with Dr. Sethi involved in the whole surgery).

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

You need at least 7000 grafts to get a decent result.

I highly advise to have a FUT mega session with Dr. Muresanu at Hattingen Clinic (3.45€/graft). They have done 8000 grafts in one surgery. 

If you are dead set on FUE you should book Dr. Sethi at Eugenix (2.9€/graft for the premium package with Dr. Sethi involved in the whole surgery).

Thank you for the suggestions! I want the last scare possible, that's why I want the FUE.

The question is, is the FUE possible in my case? The doctor that I had a visit with him, he was insisting about the FUT and he said that it's not possible to do a 3,000 grafts via FUE in my case.

27 minutes ago, giegnosiganoe said:

Can you share pictures of your donor area?

Sure, here's the donor area. I think that I have a good volume in the back of my head and it's pretty static, it didn't change a lot through the last 2-3 years. Especially that I'm not taking any medication for it.

Thank you!

DSC_0471.png

Can't really comment on the donor. Your hair is too long so it's impossible to see what the density is like.

I would highly suggest 1) getting on finasteride to see if you can recover any hair or strengthen your donor, and 2) shave your head so that you can see if you like it and so that we can see your donor better.

@Sbiza you should definitely start taking Finasteride to strengthen your donor area and stop your hairloss. You should also apply minoxidil spray every night. 

Dr. Sethi at Eugenix is the best for FUE mega sessions. 

Edited by Portugal25

11 hours ago, giegnosiganoe said:

Can't really comment on the donor. Your hair is too long so it's impossible to see what the density is like.

I would highly suggest 1) getting on finasteride to see if you can recover any hair or strengthen your donor, and 2) shave your head so that you can see if you like it and so that we can see your donor better.

1. Even if I'm planning to get a hair transplant, it's still recommended? Because, I want to avoid the side effect and also taking drugs for the rest of my life.

2. I tried it in the past, but I didn't like it, I was waiting for my 30 to start looking around for a hair transplant.

2 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

@Sbiza you should definitely start taking Finasteride to strengthen your donor area and stop your hairloss. You should also apply minoxidil spray every night. 

Dr. Sethi at Eugenix is the best for FUE mega sessions. 

I tried minoxidil in the past with no success. Since I'm planning to have a hair transplant, I'm not sure if it's a good idea, isn't it?

59 minutes ago, deitel130 said:

You may want to just focus on front and mid and get some good coverage there first. I would start with FUT and only after maximum grafts used them switch to FUE

So, I'm planning to do the front and mid to cover it in the first place, but I rather go with FUE than FUT because I want to avoid the big scare, which is the reason why I'm asking if it's possible to avoid the FUT.

Thank you everyone! 

@Sbiza it takes 6 months of daily usage to notice any effect from Finasteride and Minoxidil. 
If you are planning doing a HT you should start taking them asap.

I had FUT and there’s really no need to be affraid of the scar because it’s unnoticeable unless you cut your hair with a Number 2 or 1 razor. 

We all have a limited supply of donor area and FUT allows us to optimize our donor area because it removes a strip and the Doctor uses all grafts in that strip.

Considering you are pretty much a NW7 in need of +7000 grafts everyone will advise you to have FUT because you might find that if you chose  FUE you won’t have enough donor area to achieve a decent result.

Even if you take Finasteride there’s a chance you hairloss will progress which means you might need more donor area available for another surgery in 10 years. 

Dr. Muresanu at Hattingen Clinic is the obvious choice for your HT if you make the right decision and go with FUT.

If you are dead set on FUE then Dr. Sethi at Eugenix is the best option for FUE mega sessions and you will surely also need beard grafts to increase density and avoid totally depleting your donor area. 

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

You could have 2 FUE sessions with around 4000 grafts in the first session and maybe more later on. Provided your beard is of an average density.

I have seen cases like yours. It is possible to achieve a decent coverage with adequate density over two sittings.

• Like 1

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

10 hours ago, deitel130 said:

Keep in mind that you will get more grafts via FUT. Scars are easily hidden. 

Thank you for the advice! I will keep you posted!

10 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

@Sbiza it takes 6 months of daily usage to notice any effect from Finasteride and Minoxidil. 
If you are planning doing a HT you should start taking them asap.

I had FUT and there’s really no need to be affraid of the scar because it’s unnoticeable unless you cut your hair with a Number 2 or 1 razor. 

We all have a limited supply of donor area and FUT allows us to optimize our donor area because it removes a strip and the Doctor uses all grafts in that strip.

Considering you are pretty much a NW7 in need of +7000 grafts everyone will advise you to have FUT because you might find that if you chose  FUE you won’t have enough donor area to achieve a decent result.

Even if you take Finasteride there’s a chance you hairloss will progress which means you might need more donor area available for another surgery in 10 years. 

Dr. Muresanu at Hattingen Clinic is the obvious choice for your HT if you make the right decision and go with FUT.

If you are dead set on FUE then Dr. Sethi at Eugenix is the best option for FUE mega sessions and you will surely also need beard grafts to increase density and avoid totally depleting your donor area. 

Thank you for the details. I will be checking the doctors that you mentioned.

Regarding Finasteride, do you think the fact that you take it before a HT will make it harder for the doctor? 

I thought that not taking any medication will be better, because the hairloss will stop. Isn't i?

9 hours ago, giegnosiganoe said:

I agree, you should consult with Hattingen clinic. They are very honest and ethical from my experience.

Thank you! Are we talking about http://www.hattingenhair.com/en/contact/?

2 hours ago, Gabreille Nelson Mukhia said:

You could have 2 FUE sessions with around 4000 grafts in the first session and maybe more later on. Provided your beard is of an average density.

I have seen cases like yours. It is possible to achieve a decent coverage with adequate density over two sittings.

Thank you so much for this positive post! I really appreciate it! 

• Like 2