Important facts to consider before getting a hair transplant? Honest facts.

Here are some important facts that I would like to state for any hair transplant seeker:

1. The density that hair transplant can give you per sqcm is 40 to 50 hair per sqcm and more than that is not required. 

2. You will never have the same density as you had before baldness. Keepig longer hair and styling can help create an illusion of volume and density.

3. Keeping longer hair will also hide the collective absence of hair in the donor areas. 

4. And talking about donor areas, there will be a difference density in the extracted areas and the non exyracted areas. If you keep very short hair or clean shaved then the collective absence of hair will be visible.

5. No cosmetic surgery is scarless. The only consolation for you is that it can be done with minimal scarring. Use of sharp and thin diameter punches can help minimally scar the donor.

6. The timeline for growth of hair, shedding phase, hair cycle, texture of hair, etc are different for each person. It is very subjective and it takes time.

7. The hair cycle will definitely happen and will affect the transplanted hair too. It is inevitable and unavoidable. But baldness will not creep again in the transplanted area like earlier.

8. THE SUPPOSEDLY CALLED DONOR AREAS OR PERMANENT ZONE HAVE HAIR THAT ARE MORE IMMUNE TO DIHYDROTESTOSTERONE. THE HAIR ON THE TEMPORARY ZOME ARE LESS IMMUNE TO DIHYDROTESTOSTERONE. FINASTERIDE INTAKE CAN HELP IN MAINTAINING HAIR LIFELONG.

9. As much as we may hate Finasteride, it is the only medication that helps prevent progression of baldness. 

Edited by Gabreille Nelson Mukhia

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

Great points, maybe you should change the heading so people can search/understand what your alluding too ? 

Thank you. Please suggest a heading.

1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

Important facts to consider before getting a hair transplant? Something like that. Would be helpful to anybody searching for information. 

Thank you sir. ❤

• Like 1

You

18 minutes ago, Gabreille Nelson Mukhia said:

Thank you. Please suggest a heading.

If you would have come up with ONE more....you could have made it THE 10 HAIR TRANSPLANT COMMANDMENTS!

Which would make you a Moses of sorts. :D

Edited by ciaus
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1. Why is it not required? What if a patient wants a gelled/wet hairstyle?

3. Isn’t the purpose of FUE to be able to cut your hair short?

5. This cannot be stressed enough and more clinics need to be transparent about this

8. I’d be careful with this statement. There are 10 year finasteride studies showing efficacy for a majority of patients but it’s far from a drug that will stop hair loss forever.

9. there is also dutasteride

• Administrators

Great points Gabrielle 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I have an issue with a hair transplant rep putting up a list like this, when the same company he works for doesn't advertise with the same transparency.

Unrealistic expectations about hair transplants didn't just sprout from the ether. Surgeons use photos/videos of their absolute best results and then, on top of that, often use choice lighting and angles. They advertise some of their best "No Finasteride" results. I wonder why they would do that? 

Many forums are paid to actively suppress bad results.

I'm not just targeting Eugenix with these criticisms, you guys certainly are not the worst HT company when it comes to this stuff, but you did just decide to post this list after there were concerns over some Eugenix results.

Edited by PizzaWolf

• Administrators

He’s posting as an individual and not as Eugenix. There’s nothing wrong with what he said, he’s allowed to post for himself, just as I express my own opinions. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

22 hours ago, ciaus said:

You

If you would have come up with ONE more....you could have made it THE 10 HAIR TRANSPLANT COMMANDMENTS!

Which would make you a Moses of sorts. :D

😊😊😊

21 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

1. Why is it not required? What if a patient wants a gelled/wet hairstyle?

3. Isn’t the purpose of FUE to be able to cut your hair short?

5. This cannot be stressed enough and more clinics need to be transparent about this

8. I’d be careful with this statement. There are 10 year finasteride studies showing efficacy for a majority of patients but it’s far from a drug that will stop hair loss forever.

1. Why is it not required? What if a patient wants a gelled/wet hairstyle?

- Honestly speaking, that would be overexpecting. Transplamted hair will look thinner than normal hair when wet pr styled with oily products. People who want 100 hair per sqcm should rather opt for wigs or patches.

3. Isn’t the purpose of FUE to be able to cut your hair short?

No. The purpose of FUE is to perform a transplantation procedure without cutting a strip and stitching. Keeping longer or sjorter hair is one's own discretion. FUT has a linear scar, true. But even with FUE there will be a collective absence of hair. The donor area will be thinner. People who are uncomfortable with tjat shouldn't go for transplant.

- Extremely important. 

- Finasteride "can help" prevent any progression of baldness. It is true in some cases, the effect is not as good as others. I personally use Fiansteride and I have not experienced any further progression of baldness since.

- Yes. Finasteride/Dutasteride camnot be substituted. 

6 hours ago, PizzaWolf said:

I have an issue with a hair transplant rep putting up a list like this, when the same company he works for doesn't advertise with the same transparency.

Unrealistic expectations about hair transplants didn't just sprout from the ether. Surgeons use photos/videos of their absolute best results and then, on top of that, often use choice lighting and angles. They advertise some of their best "No Finasteride" results. I wonder why they would do that? 

Many forums are paid to actively suppress bad results.

I'm not just targeting Eugenix with these criticisms, you guys certainly are not the worst HT company when it comes to this stuff, but you did just decide to post this list after there were concerns over some Eugenix results.

True. I posted this after some concerns of delayed growth and density concerns. I did so because the patients sharing their results have brought me to a realisation that we need to be extremely specific and accurate about the details. Specially when they haven't even achieved their full growth. 

The comments are productive. And rightfully so. The comments further progress a discussion of transparency.

However, this is a cycle that will also repeat itself in the future. Therefore, patients and hair transplant seekers can read this. If they are expecting otherwise then they can choose a clinic which an give rhem 100 hair per sqcm. Because we definitely can't. We also can't stop anybody's baldness from progressing if they don't take finasteride. Neither can we bring the results faster or stop the hair cycle from occuring.

We neither overpromise nor do we encourage overexpectation. And we want to be extremely cautious regarding this.

Edited by Gabreille Nelson Mukhia

5 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

He’s posting as an individual and not as Eugenix. There’s nothing wrong with what he said, he’s allowed to post for himself, just as I express my own opinions. 

Thank you.