Dr. William Yates in Chicago

Avoid like the plague and don't take any value in well known patient gurus who recommend him.

• Like 2

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

If you're in Chicago go to Dr. Konior.  You won't regret it.

• Like 2

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Administrators

Dr. Panine and Dr. Konior in Chicago 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Dr. Konior is booked out for a year. Let’s say I schedule my procedure today for next year, it’d happen in August 2021. It’d then take another whole year to see the full results of the procedure which brings me to August 2022. At that point, I’ll most likely need a 2nd procedure or at least a touch-up, so I’d have to join the year long line again and wait another year for my touch-up, which would happen in August 2023, and then ANOTHER WHOLE YEAR of waiting for the full results to grow, which would bring me to August 2024! That’s 4 years! Who wants to wait that long?! 😭

1 hour ago, joey_w said:

Dr. Konior is booked out for a year. Let’s say I schedule my procedure today for next year, it’d happen in August 2021. It’d then take another whole year to see the full results of the procedure which brings me to August 2022. At that point, I’ll most likely need a 2nd procedure or at least a touch-up, so I’d have to join the year long line again and wait another year for my touch-up, which would happen in August 2023, and then ANOTHER WHOLE YEAR of waiting for the full results to grow, which would bring me to August 2024! That’s 4 years! Who wants to wait that long?! 😭

I get it....I had your same attitude....but take it from me, a guy who rushed in to surgery with a doctor not recommended here with patient posted results and ended up with disastrous results and had to then come on here looking for help from an ethical doctor to fix those issues. If I was dead set on doing this surgery and I just waited for my surgery with a great ethical doctor I would have saved time, money, and a lot of stress.

the fact that you think that worst case scenario you will just need a touch up tells me that you, just like me didn’t do enough research into how detailed this surgery is and all the things that can go wrong if you go to the wrong doctor. Konior or any doctor near his level is worth the wait.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, joey_w said:

Time flies, Dr. K is worth the wait, trust us!  Also, you could ask him to put you on the list if someone cancels.  Definitely set up a consult with him, you'll learn a lot.  

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

2 hours ago, Sam818 said:

I get it....I had your same attitude....but take it from me, a guy who rushed in to surgery with a doctor not recommended here with patient posted results and ended up with disastrous results and had to then come on here looking for help from an ethical doctor to fix those issues. If I was dead set on doing this surgery and I just waited for my surgery with a great ethical doctor I would have saved time, money, and a lot of stress.

the fact that you think that worst case scenario you will just need a touch up tells me that you, just like me didn’t do enough research into how detailed this surgery is and all the things that can go wrong if you go to the wrong doctor. Konior or any doctor near his level is worth the wait.

OP listen to this guy. Do not rush into this surgery. Dr Yates is a former Bosley doctor.