Doing HT or not ?! - Advice required.

Hi , im 22 years old i’ve had a very bad hair since childhood, i did hair transplant in turkey when i was 19 , i was losing tempels so bad , only transplanted hair line , Now i have almost bold sposts now and it’s literally making my life so much worse , i started wearing hats because i have to put topik on it and comb it in ways that will hide the spots that were bold , it really makes my day worse , sometimes I don’t go out with my friends because my hair doesn’t look good , i have only 2 weeks tp decide because in October im getting back to university, and since first semester is learning from internet i would like to have that chance to hide druing recovery it really makes my day worse ! I think about it every morning.. im thinking about strengthen my hair line also .. they took 2300 grafts last time , doctor cinik now says i need 2k grafts to cover it . , does 4k affects my donor area ??? It’s really important to me that from the back still looks good and not depleted.. i know im at a yong age but guys it’sdestroying my life , it literally effect every daily decision i make

7E6EB924-9BC1-485E-914F-ACF09BC61CE1.jpeg

AFCCF7D3-0493-4B93-AAF0-ECE581C36681.jpeg

E264CFDF-6610-466D-B623-F21C46DCC94B.jpeg

9D035B5A-32CC-49CC-9AEB-2AB66F29517F.png

3ACDAEBC-069D-4BF3-A596-F252F0562786.png

0FE829AC-6179-459F-826A-863F0B442936.jpeg

E3F7F839-6DDF-4D21-8DB7-969CA212330B.jpeg

I hear your pain and understand the desire for an immediate solution, but you really need to slow down as far as additional hair transplants go. I know its harder to look down the road when you are so young, but you literally have your whole life ahead of you after university. These people that you have went to school with, that you will be going to university with the next few years -they seem like the world that matters now and forever, but the vast majority of them you will never see again after you graduate, when you go out in the real world and start living real life. Making rash, rushed decisions now is only going to prolong the pain through your adult years.

Have you started taking any meds yet? Start on Finasteride to stabilize and maybe restore some of what you've lost. And minoxidil too, but be aware in the initial weeks with that you may have a temporary shedding phase where some of your hairs fall out as they start on the new longer growth cycle - since you don't go back to university until October might as well get that out of the way now. Give that 6-12 months.

As far as managing how your hair looks for now -have you cut your hair down to a buzz or shaved before? And if you want to keep your hair grown out and looking fuller in the meantime, look into Dermatch too -you can find it on amazon.com, other places too I would imagine.

The pictures of your donor area in the back look pretty good, but you only have so much and you have alot of years ahead of potential loss.  Start on the meds and hopefully you respond well, and while you wait research for good doctors here on the forum, and then in 6-12 months re-evaluate with one of two of those doctors you decide on.

And here's a link below to for info on Dermatch

Edited by ciaus
Missed where you said you already are using toppik

Try a lower dosage finasteride, maybe 0.25 every other day, and see how you tolerate. If you tolerate it well, you could decide to move the dosage up in the future. Try the dosage 6-12 months. ^ like mentioned previously you should try to see if you’re a Good responder to minox as well. 

take it easy, the shit you’re going through is no doubt hard, and you’re very young and it may feel like there’s no way to deal with this. Continue researching a doctor here, think you mentioned dr. Cinik, look up patient reviews. There are some good results from him here.

but your first order is to hold what you have. You still have a lot to hold on to, and your problem is solvable, keep your head up 

Edited by TorontoMan

• Valued Contributor

You are not alone. But firstly this is why I would never go to Turkey. I too had a hair transplant at 19. In fact I had two hair transplants 6 months apart. And they were horrible. They were punch graft procedures that look like 'doll's hair' or rows of corn fields. Your hair transplant looks natural but you really should have been rejected due to your age and it just highlights the ongoing criminality in this industry of continuing to perform hair transplants on teenagers!!!!!! But firstly you need to reach out as you have done. Feel free to pm me as I was in your exact situation at your age. The only difference was that I had the whole lot surgically taken out in a strip procedure leaving me with a horrible strip scar along the top of my forehead (not to mention the scars in the back donor region). All I wanted was 'more surgery' in the hope that it would hide the front scar (and my continuing baldness). Thank God it never happened. You need to stop for a moment and take a deep breath. Exhaust your options with finasteride and minoxidil and continue this. You have a natural result in the hairline (as opposed to plugs). Also I take it that you had FUE so you won't have horrible strip scars in the donor region. You need to also get in touch with people like Eugenix who can offer you options (other than immediate hair transplant surgery) to support you through what you are going through. You don't have only two weeks to make a decision. That's how you're feeling now because you are in a state of panic which is normal but will only end up in making bad decisions that can haunt you for the rest of your life. This response to your post doesn't allow for the range of options you need to look at (outside of surgery at this stage and age). This community is here for people exactly like you in this situation so please take advantage of it.

10 hours ago, ciaus said:

I hear your pain and understand the desire for an immediate solution, but you really need to slow down as far as additional hair transplants go. I know its harder to look down the road when you are so young, but you literally have your whole life ahead of you after university. These people that you have went to school with, that you will be going to university with the next few years -they seem like the world that matters now and forever, but the vast majority of them you will never see again after you graduate, when you go out in the real world and start living real life. Making rash, rushed decisions now is only going to prolong the pain through your adult years.

Have you started taking any meds yet? Start on Finasteride to stabilize and maybe restore some of what you've lost. And minoxidil too, but be aware in the initial weeks with that you may have a temporary shedding phase where some of your hairs fall out as they start on the new longer growth cycle - since you don't go back to university until October might as well get that out of the way now. Give that 6-12 months.

As far as managing how your hair looks for now -have you cut your hair down to a buzz or shaved before? And if you want to keep your hair grown out and looking fuller in the meantime, look into Dermatch too -you can find it on amazon.com, other places too I would imagine.

The pictures of your donor area in the back look pretty good, but you only have so much and you have alot of years ahead of potential loss.  Start on the meds and hopefully you respond well, and while you wait research for good doctors here on the forum, and then in 6-12 months re-evaluate with one of two of those doctors you decide on.

And here's a link below to for info on Dermatch

Thanks bud for replying , i was on minox for 6 months got good growth but the hairline wich i dont like . That would be fixed only if a did HT .. 

i mean if not in this age then when should i not worry about my hair . I mean this is the time where i should be looking good , i wont really care about my looks afterwards at least not that much ..

1 hour ago, Motorleza said:

i mean if not in this age then when should i not worry about my hair . I mean this is the time where i should be looking good , i wont really care about my looks afterwards at least not that much ..

My young friend -yes your hormones are raging now and the opposite sex at your age is peaking in the looks department too. That's the way evolution/god/whatever you believe has setup the hunter-gatherer game that we started with. Back then you were lucky to live to 25 before you were killed by a sabertooth tiger, etc.  So yea we are wired to go sex crazy right out of the gate. LOL

But we live in modern societies now, life expectancy into the 70s,80s. I'm 43, take good care of myself and can't tell much of a difference from when I was in my mid 20s. We got some guys on here getting hair transplants that are in their 60s. Your making a big mistake by discounting how good life can be in your middle and later years.

Be smart and put your nose to the grindstone in your 20s, starting with the time in university and find something you are good at, that you enjoy, and that you can get well paid for. Get your career and finances (and hair) straight first, there will always be 20-something girls as you get older if you get an itch for some of that, and they loooooove guys that are a little older, mature, financially well off and able to provide them the nicer things. ;)

Edited by ciaus

@Motorleza you should follow  @Gatsby advice and stay away from Turkey. Cinik is a hairmill where tech teams do surgeries on up to 12 patients per day so your results depend on getting a good team to do your surgery. 

You should start on Finasteride 1mg but take it just 3-4 times per week instead of every day (this is what I’m doing). This will stop your hairloss and strengthen your hair.

I also suggest you to spray minoxidil 5% every night to strengthen your hair and promote growth.

Should you wish to proceed with another surgery I advise you going somewhere where the doctor is involved in the whole surgery like the most expensive package at Eugenix where the Dr. Sethi does the whole surgery 2.9€/graft or @Dr. Bruno Ferreira in Porto doing a highly skilled technique for 2.5€/graft. If you are on a tight budget go to Dr. Demirsoy at 1.25€/graft but he has technicians do the implanting. 

• Administrators

I would say at 22 don’t get an HT, you’re a perfect candidate for concealer. Give it a fee more years to see how you develop in hair loss.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Guys . I know what ur saying is the right thing to say ! But imagine!! Not going out with my friends cause my hair doesnt look good , always wearing a hat when seeing my girl friend ,! Going to university with hat ! Imagine 100 guys in a gathering and im the only one wearing a stupid hat ! Iknow im young , and i will almost definitely lose hair in the future! But ! Guys ! I would like to have that one year ! Where i can live with totally confident about my hair, im good looking ! Got green eyes with perfect shaped eyeshadows and eyebrows ! But if you take out that hat ! I may turn from good looking to accepted in a matter of a seconds,, my question is , if i did the hair transplant will it really be a good results regarding my balding spots and hair line . And would my donor area be okay ? Not looking depleted or stuff ! Because really i’ve been living in everyday struggle with my hair ! It’s just too much to handle “ i study computer science “ cyber security “ and itS really hard ! So in another words i want to get this thing behinde me at least for a  week ! I may have the best week in ma life ! Please can you answer the question . Besides if i did the ht ! I surely would consider using fin and minox for rest of my life . Cause i dont want to keep stuck in this cycle 

10 hours ago, ciaus said:

My young friend -yes your hormones are raging now and the opposite sex at your age is peaking in the looks department too. That's the way evolution/god/whatever you believe has setup the hunter-gatherer game that we started with. Back then you were lucky to live to 25 before you were killed by a sabertooth tiger, etc.  So yea we are wired to go sex crazy right out of the gate. LOL

But we live in modern societies now, life expectancy into the 70s,80s. I'm 43, take good care of myself and can't tell much of a difference from when I was in my mid 20s. We got some guys on here getting hair transplants that are in their 60s. Your making a big mistake by discounting how good life can be in your middle and later years.

Be smart and put your nose to the grindstone in your 20s, starting with the time in university and find something you are good at, that you enjoy, and that you can get well paid for. Get your career and finances (and hair) straight first, there will always be 20-something girls as you get older if you get an itch for some of that, and they loooooove guys that are a little older, mature, financially well off and able to provide them the nicer things. ;)

8 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I would say at 22 don’t get an HT, you’re a perfect candidate for concealer. Give it a fee more years to see how you develop in hair loss.

Guys . I know what ur saying is the right thing to say ! But imagine!! Not going out with my friends cause my hair doesnt look good , always wearing a hat when seeing my girl friend ,! Going to university with hat ! Imagine 100 guys in a gathering and im the only one wearing a stupid hat ! Iknow im young , and i will almost definitely lose hair in the future! But ! Guys ! I would like to have that one year ! Where i can live with totally confident about my hair, im good looking ! Got green eyes with perfect shaped eyeshadows and eyebrows ! But if you take out that hat ! I may turn from good looking to accepted in a matter of a seconds,, my question is , if i did the hair transplant will it really be a good results regarding my balding spots and hair line . And would my donor area be okay ? Not looking depleted or stuff ! Because really i’ve been living in everyday struggle with my hair ! It’s just too much to handle “ i study computer science “ cyber security “ and itS really hard ! So in another words i want to get this thing behinde me at least for a week ! I may have the best week in ma life ! Please can you answer the question . Besides if i did the ht ! I surely would consider using fin and minox for rest of my life . Cause i dont want to keep stuck in this cycle 

12 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

@Motorleza you should follow  @Gatsby advice and stay away from Turkey. Cinik is a hairmill where tech teams do surgeries on up to 12 patients per day so your results depend on getting a good team to do your surgery. 

You should start on Finasteride 1mg but take it just 3-4 times per week instead of every day (this is what I’m doing). This will stop your hairloss and strengthen your hair.

I also suggest you to spray minoxidil 5% every night to strengthen your hair and promote growth.

Should you wish to proceed with another surgery I advise you going somewhere where the doctor is involved in the whole surgery like the most expensive package at Eugenix where the Dr. Sethi does the whole surgery 2.9€/graft or @Dr. Bruno Ferreira in Porto doing a highly skilled technique for 2.5€/graft. If you are on a tight budget go to Dr. Demirsoy at 1.25€/graft but he has technicians do the implanting. 

Guys . I know what ur saying is the right thing to say ! But imagine!! Not going out with my friends cause my hair doesnt look good , always wearing a hat when seeing my girl friend ,! Going to university with hat ! Imagine 100 guys in a gathering and im the only one wearing a stupid hat ! Iknow im young , and i will almost definitely lose hair in the future! But ! Guys ! I would like to have that one year ! Where i can live with totally confident about my hair, im good looking ! Got green eyes with perfect shaped eyeshadows and eyebrows ! But if you take out that hat ! I may turn from good looking to accepted in a matter of a seconds,, my question is , if i did the hair transplant will it really be a good results regarding my balding spots and hair line . And would my donor area be okay ? Not looking depleted or stuff ! Because really i’ve been living in everyday struggle with my hair ! It’s just too much to handle “ i study computer science “ cyber security “ and itS really hard ! So in another words i want to get this thing behinde me at least for a ***** week ! I may have the best week in ma life ! Please can you answer the question . Besides if i did the ht ! I surely would consider using fin and minox for rest of my life . Cause i dont want to keep stuck in this cycle 

You came to this forum looking for validation for a second procedure. It's not going to happen, because that is a bad idea in so many ways. Take the advice everyone has given you. There are literally a thousand reasons not to get one. 

34 minutes ago, ShadowMoon said:

You came to this forum looking for validation for a second procedure. It's not going to happen, because that is a bad idea in so many ways. Take the advice everyone has given you. There are literally a thousand reasons not to get one. 

Can you name the reasons .. ? Like this

1-

2-

3-

1-

2-

3-

I won't, because I think you have your mind set already. You already disregarded every piece of sound advice in this thread because wearing a hat is hard to deal with. You're willing to risk permanent disfigurement at the chance of having one week of good hair. You're not in a rational state of mind and you have no perspective on what it would actually be like to ruin your life by overharvesting your donor area at 21 with a low hairline and shoddy surgeons. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

@Motorleza

I totally understand where you’re coming from, but please refrain from swearing. We want to keep this a professional site. Hair transplants are not perfect, and thinking that it will solve all your problems is a dangerous mindset.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

6 hours ago, Motorleza said:

1-

2-

3-

Sure, I'll name some reasons....

1) You still have a lot of native hair left.  If you transplant around that it is very possible they will be shocked and your hair will look worse.

2) You're 22 - so you will lose more hair!  Even if the transplant has a nice result, it'll eventually look thinner when the native hair inevitably falls out and you'll want another transplant.  I guarantee it.  It's in your longterm best interest to wait. 

3) Your hair is not bad! In the pictures you wet your hair, so it looks thinner.  Blow dry it and apply some dermmatch and no one will be able to tell that you are thinning.

Get on finasteride, keep an eye on things, and enjoy life.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

8 hours ago, aaron1234 said:

Sure, I'll name some reasons....

1) You still have a lot of native hair left.  If you transplant around that it is very possible they will be shocked and your hair will look worse.

2) You're 22 - so you will lose more hair!  Even if the transplant has a nice result, it'll eventually look thinner when the native hair inevitably falls out and you'll want another transplant.  I guarantee it.  It's in your longterm best interest to wait. 

3) Your hair is not bad! In the pictures you wet your hair, so it looks thinner.  Blow dry it and apply some dermmatch and no one will be able to tell that you are thinning.

Get on finasteride, keep an eye on things, and enjoy life.

What if i started fin after the ht

11 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

@Motorleza

I totally understand where you’re coming from, but please refrain from swearing. We want to keep this a professional site. Hair transplants are not perfect, and thinking that it will solve all your problems is a dangerous mindset.

Will fin help me cover the balding areas ?

What if i started fin after the ht

Better late than never... but the risk of shocking your native hairs go down if you are on fin before the HT.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Motorleza said:

Will fin help me cover the balding areas ?

Take a look at @Shifty thread, see how fin helped him.

• Like 1

View my thread

32 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Take a look at @Shifty thread, see how fin helped him.

It has among other things. Ive relegated myself to guinea pig for hair growth. if it exists ill try it lol 

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update.