Body hair transplants.... any results?

I did my ht’s a few years back so I have not kept up on current trends. I’ve been shaving my head for the past 5 years now without a problem and not caring about my massive scar. I have read that body hair (chest etc) never really had guaranteed results? I’m out of head donor hair and don’t want to strip my beard and neck But I can pull from anywhere else for 1 last transplant before I get old and don’t care anymore. search results weren’t very forthcoming

any recommended doctors? I’m willing to travel worldwide if needed. 

Edited by Adam1

43 minutes ago, Adam1 said:

That's the spirit!  You wouldn't need to "strip" your beard and neck.  Just get FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction).  It's all the rage these days, the kidz dig it.  If you're shaving your head then you  should definitely look into SMP (Scalp Micro Pigmentation).  There's an entire section on this forum dedicated to it, check it out.  But only consider the temporary ink (e.g.ahead ink) - the permanent stuff turns blue or green. 

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

My last ht was fue so I’m that far, 1st 2 were the scar. Should be able to search my posts for my results. Shaving now due to original hair thinning and not really caring too much but I’d go again if a dr had some positive results. Gods little joke... hair everywhere except my damn head lol

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Adam1 said:

I’m out of head donor hair and don’t want to strip my beard and neck

You should rethink that. If you have decent beard hair under your chin then that is the best to use. You won't have any noticeable scarring and you can still grow a beard if you want to. Beard hair works best.

EDIT: And you may be able to get a surprisingly large amount of grafts from there. If you take a good look and measure the area it's rather large.

Edited by BeHappy

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

7AA5D01D-024E-4CF1-9561-F8598E787AE8.thumb.jpeg.b16bda3fd16f0658276b5483fe20ac82.jpegHad mine done June 23rd. took a few hundred, Sorry I can't remember the exact amount, from Jaw line down. Was shaving 10 days after, Can't really see a difference. Few weeks of pimples which have all gone. My chest however still looks like a warzone as they take large cores when taking those hairs 

• Like 1

I’m fine with pulling a lot from there as well. I’d rather add on armpit, chest, shoulder, butt, anything else for density. Who is everyone using for bht? I don’t have a dr umar  budget for this 

image.jpg

@Adam1 I had 1887 beard grafts implanted by Dr. Pekiner who I consider the best for BHT mega sessions and you can check my 7 months results that I think are pretty good considering I was totally bald in the crown and midscalp. 

If you are looking for doctor only surgery with a highly skilled technique (manual FUE using stick&place for implanting) at a affordable price of 2.25€/graft then Pekiner is a great choice.

Dr. Sethi and Dr. Arika at Eugenix are also great with BHT but if you want a similar surgery to Pekiner (Doctor in charge of the whole surgery) then you have to chose the most expensive package that costs 2.9€/graft.

Edited by Portugal25
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Adam1 said:

I did my ht’s a few years back so I have not kept up on current trends. I’ve been shaving my head for the past 5 years now without a problem and not caring about my massive scar. I have read that body hair (chest etc) never really had guaranteed results? I’m out of head donor hair and don’t want to strip my beard and neck But I can pull from anywhere else for 1 last transplant before I get old and don’t care anymore. search results weren’t very forthcoming

We could help determine the candidacy of your body hair if you can share them with us. Beard wouldn't look very different after the extraction. There would be a minimal reduction in density easily missed.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ