How do the movie stars do it?

It's easier for men with long hair to hide the fact that their hair is falling out and there is a receding hairline at the forehead, did you know?

Well, that is, they try to walk mostly with their hair down, do the appropriate hairstyles so as not to open their forehead. Although there are very brave guys who shave their heads that's a twist 🤣.

About Johnny Depp...I think he was really lucky with the genetics. Of course, over the years, his skin no longer looks the same as before. He gets thinner and fatter, but it doesn't affect his hair in any way. Why do you want to know? My mother told me as a child that the way your hair will look in adulthood can show the father of the mother.

That is, the hair gene in guys is transmitted in such a way that the father on the mother's side gives it to you as a gift or as a farewell... I've always worn my hair long for as long as I can remember and I've always been okay with it. Maybe a placebo - but I'm so grateful to my mom's dad for his cool hair LOL. I recently watched one movie on 123movies, the Heathers movie 1989. There he's very young, but his hair at the forehead already began to fall out - it does not depend on age. All this is genetics. In the movie "Interview with the Vampire", he already has a lot of hair loss, although in this film he is not old yet...

Edited by Lucas_023
stupid punctuation mistakes and adding some info

13 hours ago, Lucas_023 said:

Actually, it's easier for men with long hair to hide the fact that their hair is falling out and there is a receding hairline at the forehead, did you know?

Well, that is, they try to walk mostly with their hair down, do the appropriate hairstyles so as not to open their forehead. Although there are very brave guys who shave their heads-that's a twist 🤣.

About Johnny Depp...I think he was really lucky with the genetics. Of course, over the years, his skin no longer looks the same as before. He gets thinner and fatter, but it doesn't affect his hair in any way. WHY do you want to know? My mother told me as a child that the way your hair will look in adulthood, can show the father of the mother.

That is, the hair gene in guys is transmitted in such a way that the father on the mother's side gives it to you as a gift or as a farewell... I've always worn my hair long for as long as I can remember and I've always been okay with it. Maybe a placebo - but I'm so grateful to my mom's dad for his cool hair LOL. I recently watched one movie on 123movies, the Heathers movie 1989. There he's very young, but his hair at the forehead already began to fall out - it does not depend on age. All this is genetics. In the movie "Interview with the Vampire", he already has a lot of hair loss, although in this film he is not old yet..

Your mother's father is just a popular myth. Hair can be inherited from either side of the family.

How do movie stars do it? Hats when not shooting, hair pieces, concealer, transplants and a ridiculous amount of resources. They also use botox, plastic surgery, a ton of experimental therapies, daily skin care routines involving things like retinoids, lasers, lipo, fillers tc etc.

Their job is literally their looks. And if that means investing in surgery it's worth it. Any one of us would do the same if we were multimillionaire celebrities

Edited by deeznuts

On 4/15/2021 at 6:36 AM, Lucas_023 said:

It's easier for men with long hair to hide the fact that their hair is falling out and there is a receding hairline at the forehead, did you know?

Well, that is, they try to walk mostly with their hair down, do the appropriate hairstyles so as not to open their forehead. Although there are very brave guys who shave their heads that's a twist 🤣.

About Johnny Depp...I think he was really lucky with the genetics. Of course, over the years, his skin no longer looks the same as before. He gets thinner and fatter, but it doesn't affect his hair in any way. Why do you want to know? My mother told me as a child that the way your hair will look in adulthood can show the father of the mother.

That is, the hair gene in guys is transmitted in such a way that the father on the mother's side gives it to you as a gift or as a farewell... I've always worn my hair long for as long as I can remember and I've always been okay with it. Maybe a placebo - but I'm so grateful to my mom's dad for his cool hair LOL. I recently watched one movie on 123movies, the Heathers movie 1989. There he's very young, but his hair at the forehead already began to fall out - it does not depend on age. All this is genetics. In the movie "Interview with the Vampire", he already has a lot of hair loss, although in this film he is not old yet...

Johnny Depp has one of the most obvious (better) hair transplants in hollywood. Some people have better ones, like Cooper, but anyone who can tell what HTs look like knows Depp has had his front redone. It was going 25 years ago. 

All you have to do is look and you'll see them all over the place. Here's Tom Hardy, notice anything besides the off density on top? I'll give you a hint, there's a well faded strip scar visible on both sides. 

The Inspirational Gallery Of The Best Tom Hardy Haircut StylesCharles Bronson shaved off his mustache and sent it to Tom Hardy to wear  during the filming of the movie "Bronson"

Chris Evans with some very obvious density differences with a shaven head;

Chris Evans | Chris evans, Chris evans captain america, Chris evans hot

Edited by TrialAcc

Depp's never had a HT.  Plenty of pictures are out there to show a consistent hairline.  Here are some with shaved back and sides:

Johnny Depp Shaved Head Weight Loss

The same goes for Tom Hardy:

2878CEF700000578-3081479-image-a-23_1431

• Like 2

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Cooper does something, but the jury is out on what exactly.

It could be partial system, fin, small HT and fibers, or a combination of these.

image.jpeg.4ff1d2337c97197a5a7ba9c0bd4b8326.jpeg

Edited by 1978matt

• Administrators

I think Bradley takes dutasteride. Pretty common among celebs. Ashton Kutcher took dutasteride. If you’re a good responder it would definitely reverse that mild hair loss.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

20 hours ago, 1978matt said:

Depp's never had a HT.  Plenty of pictures are out there to show a consistent hairline.  Here are some with shaved back and sides:

Johnny Depp Shaved Head Weight Loss

The same goes for Tom Hardy:

2878CEF700000578-3081479-image-a-23_1431

It's called concealer, infact I think if you zoom in on Hardy there the scrip is actually visible slightly as well but there are multiple pictures where you can find his scar clear (Hardy). Wouldn't be surprised if the same goes for Depp. 

Like others have said, these bigger hollywood guys literally have teams that focus on their appearance as well as access to the best cosmetic treatments after the fact. If they can hide their hairloss in the first place then they can do the same with the resulting scars. 

Edited by TrialAcc

20 hours ago, 1978matt said:

Cooper does something, but the jury is out on what exactly.

It could be partial system, fin, small HT and fibers, or a combination of these.

image.jpeg.4ff1d2337c97197a5a7ba9c0bd4b8326.jpeg

He had to have had a HT on his temples (or like you said a partial system). His hairline is lower then it was when he was in his teens in his 40s and no prevention meds are going o achieve that. 

Edited by TrialAcc

44 minutes ago, TrialAcc said:

It's called concealer, infact I think if you zoom in on Hardy there the scrip is actually visible slightly as well but there are multiple pictures where you can find his scar clear (Hardy). Wouldn't be surprised if the same goes for Depp.

Please post these pictures

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrialAcc said:

I posted two (one of each side, different times), just scroll up. 

There's no strip scar in either

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1978matt said:

There's no strip scar in either

You don't see the line that is visible at the back of both his ears in the same spot? Looks like a heavily faded/concealed strip to me. 

The whole point is that it's been well faded/worked on. Otherwise why would these guys be shaving their heads. 

Edited by TrialAcc

7 minutes ago, Homeerestre said:

There is a very visible line at his back. 

What scar?

Trying 25 Higher Level Tom Hardy Haircut:The Hottest Stars In Hollywood

The dude's had the same hairline near enough for 25 years:

http://www.eichf.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Tom-Hardy.jpg

Edited by 1978matt
  • Like 1

Being a movie star does not exclude anybody from thinning hair, receeding hairlines or male pattern baldness. They can shell a huge amount of money for latest treatments and yet it won't make them broke. 

• Administrators

I don’t see a scar, could be that he was wearing sun glasses which caused an indentation. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 4 weeks later...

Two who have definitely had work done:

Shark tank's Robert Herjavec; if you look at the first season and seasons after he's had work done in stages

Timothy Olyphant; if you compare his hair from Gone in 60 secs/Girl next door to his last few appearances on Conan; it looks magical now

July 2017 - Dr Cooley - 2575 grafts

7 hours ago, forgotpassword said:

Two who have definitely had work done:

Shark tank's Robert Herjavec; if you look at the first season and seasons after he's had work done in stages

Timothy Olyphant; if you compare his hair from Gone in 60 secs/Girl next door to his last few appearances on Conan; it looks magical now

Herjavec is still the biggest mystery to me. Many years ago on Dragons Den and yes in the first couple of seasons of Shark Tank he barely has a forelock. Now on the show and in most public appearances his hair is thick as can be. But then in a lot of candid shots on his social media his hair is still thin as hell up front. And there's NO way it can just be all fibers bc the difference between the thin candid shots and the shark tank episodes are insane. I think maybe he had a small transplant done up front to help apply fibers easily.

r2.jpg

r5.jpg

r1.jpg

IMG_2948.PNG

old.jpg

66.jpg

Edited by SD1984

Herjavec definitely had a transplant done up front to fill in that bald spot a couple of years ago. I remember seeing a photo of him with wet hair and you could tell work was done. Then like all celebrities he has a great crew that gets his hair TV ready everytime.

• 2 weeks later...

i think from reading this thread, you guys are hoping there are more celebs balding than there actually are. some of these pics dont show any form of hairloss🙃

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

David Morrissey.  Noticed him in an interview this morning.  Good job who ever did it.

morrissey.jpg.e9131e84c2afc5ab3371a39896b40b84.jpg