How do the movie stars do it?

Almost all leading male movie stars aged 50+ have magnificent heads of hair. I saw Depp on the news last week...jees he has better hair than i had at 11. In fact, he has better hair now than I ever had. Is it pure luck? It just looks a bit too full/thick at 56. He's what 56?

So..it can't be a coincidence can it? Have they all had hair transplants? On fint? Or even more advanced procedures out of our pockets?

I am sure some are very lucky. Look at P. Brosnan. He doesn't strike me as a guy that gives two hoots about anything (vanity wise) yet has a full head of hair at 60+

What do you think?

Edited by ihategonigbald

Hair loss is hard. Especially for younger guys who feel that it is incredibly unjust and stealing some of their youth and masculinity. It is terrible. 

I can only imagine how that would be intensified for actors or individuals in the public eye whose careers demand that they always look their best and any flaw is detrimental to their careers. Add to that the fact that press are constantly looking for the next photograph of any remotely famous/known person as they pry into their personal lives. Its not a surprise that guys dont feel that they can be honest and transparent about such things.

It seems very different for other types of "cosmetic" surgery. This is based on successful results of course but other procedures are met with support and compliment and individuals are proud and vocal of the fact that they made a decision to proceed with dental work, a nose job, breast augmentation, eyes lasered etc... because it has improved their quality of life or their self confidence. Yet hair restoration is often viewed as a "dirty secret" as @transplantedphilsaid.

I believe that this is slowly changing which is of course for the better. Hopefully this will continue because with social media and generation of sharing photographs we are more than ever put under a lot of pressure to always "look our best". 

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• Administrators

Celebrities have a staff of make up artists, it’s well known they use hair loss concealers, hair pieces etc. If you are bald, the roles you get will be limited to bad guy, gangster, neo-nazi, etc.

You can get a leading man role if you’re darker skinned, like the Rock, Taye Diggs. The only caucasian exception is Jason Statham. However, 99% of leading men have full heads of hair, so male celebrities will do whatever it takes. I’d say most use concealer, it’s easy to apply and can make a thin spot look full.

Classic example is John Hamm real life vs on a show. I believe he used dermmatch on the show combined with a side part comb over, to give him that dense appearance. 

image.jpeg

• Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It's Movie Magic. Like Melvin illustrated above.  95% of the Celebs we see are 'camera ready' with their stylists and makeup and concealers - their image is their #1 priority.  Then your Brad Pitts and Johnny Depps are just flat out lucky guys who have full heads of hair.  The full head of hair is a crap shoot - I've seen toothless homeless guys with manes like a lion.  Go figure.   

• Like 1

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

9 minutes ago, asterix0 said:

A lot of them probably take finasteride or dutasteride, like Ashton Kutcher and Trump. 

Yep, Bradley Cooper etc

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Administrators

I don’t think Pitt has done anything to his hair, the man hit the genetic lottery. Maybe he’s on dutasteride like Kutcher and Dax Shepard, but that’s his natural hair.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

2 hours ago, ihategonigbald said:

Brad Pitt has had a H.T. 

Even Depp has had one...

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/119345458856292987/

Probably Cruise too.

Beckham, Ramsay + I guess any celeb (or 90%+) with a full head of hair 40+

pitt.jpg

You're right about Ramsay, that's pretty much certain. Though I think you're wrong about Brad Pitt and not entirely sure what those photos demonstrate besides a change of hairstyle...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Celebrities have a staff of make up artists, it’s well known they use hair loss concealers, hair pieces etc. If you are bald, the roles you get will be limited to bad guy, gangster, neo-nazi, etc.

You can get a leading man role if you’re darker skinned, like the Rock, Taye Diggs. The only caucasian exception is Jason Statham. However, 99% of leading men have full heads of hair, so male celebrities will do whatever it takes. I’d say most use concealer, it’s easy to apply and can make a thin spot look full.

Classic example is John Hamm real life vs on a show. I believe he used dermmatch on the show combined with a side part comb over, to give him that dense appearance. 

image.jpeg

And it is kind reassuring that even Dom Draper has hair worries. Had no idea he was in the club

• Administrators
2 hours ago, follically challenged said:

And it is kind reassuring that even Dom Draper has hair worries. Had no idea he was in the club

There’s probably more that you don’t know. Take it from me, concealer when done right can look perfect.

View my thread

Being in the public eye is certainly the biggest curse one can imagine. With this comes the burden of having to remain "perfect". The lengths to which the stars go to achieve the perceived perfection is dark when one really delves inside. Hair transplant might be considered a minor thing to be done in their world. Since there is no question of having anything go wrong, they take various measures to create an illusion of perfection. What we see witj them is never true. And it is a grave error for any of us to look to them for inspiration regarding aesthetics. Their whole purpose depends on it. Whereas for us mere mortals, we just want to have the basic necessities of life and an occassional luxury. 

• Like 1

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

2 hours ago, follically challenged said:

Though I think you're wrong about Brad Pitt and not entirely sure what those photos demonstrate besides a change of hairstyle...

Lol. 

That’s all Pitts natural hair, he’s likely maintained it somehow with some form of medication - there’s actually an interview from a recent premiere he attended where the reporter (bald) commented on his hair, asking how it was possible they were the same age - in which Pitt responded ‘well I don’t know how many times you have to go to the bathroom through the night’ , whether that was alluding to a medicinal side effect or not, maybe I just read between the lines too thoroughly lol! 

I think there’s some serious witchcraft and wizardry that goes on in the form of concealer and wigs, however I’m pretty sure using finasteride/dutasteride will be as common as taking a multivitamin for guys in the industry, that along with the odd lucky few who got fortunate with fantastic genetics, looks and hair wise! 

Di Carpio , Efron and Pitt spring to my mind as the genetically blessed. 

Jackman, Depp and Cooper strike me as having to have worked to maintain what they have through meds and possible procedures (Cooper procedure, Depp to maintain hairline recession all these years, and Jackman has adult thinned hair, as opposed to youthful density). 

Jackman is bald..he actually wears a hair piece. Not sure he does anymore after air transplants etc..

Pitt: Someone posted a picture at the Oscars one year...Think it was 2014/15...not sure. He was with that Angelina woman. He was bald on the front. His forehead was huge. If you see it it is 100% clear he has had hair transplant. I'll try to find it again. But i can't seem to locate it. Wonder if he got it took down?

But good for them...I see nothing wrong with it. If you have the money why not?

You can't have a receding hair line in your 20's/30's then a full of head in your 50's without something going on...

You would be amazed the amount of cosmetics these people have to maintain that leading man image..so hair transplants would be nothing to them.

"he only plastic surgery Johnny Depp may have gotten is Botox (nothing else though). There's no question that he's gotten a hair transplant though."

I have answered my own question...Virtually everyone over fifty with a head of hair has had a hair transplant.

Even Kojak might have had a full head of hair today.

johnny-depp-hairline.jpg

christian-slater-plastic-surgery.jpg

richard-gere-plastic-surgery.jpg

Depp definitely balding. His hair is receding for years, and he was bald at one point

QYUUEMXCJVEOBN2WQAWGNAQPKE.jpg

I saw picture of him without the hat and he almost full bald. I dont know what stuff he does/did, whether hair piece / transplant or whatever, but definitely not genetically lucky. The good part for him is his hair characteristic, he can style it with those hair hanks falling down on his face which adds ALOT to his looks.

Brad pitt really got it all - he looks great, great hair, and he keeps that look for really long time. It will surprise me if I found out he really had a transplant though.

But when it comes to hair genetics, I think the goat is jake jillenhall, look at this lucky bastard

gyllenhaal-jumbo.jpg

I would bomb a small village in africa to have his hair

• Haha 1

Welp, was watching the new Jamie Foxx flick on Netflix:  "Project Power". Now there is a definitive answer as to how Jaime Foxx does it. At 1:02:38 left in the film, plain as day you can see how he does it.

JaimeFoxx.jpg.c4962eddf8f7350c0a230766ae77427c.jpg

Although among FUT scars, that is one of the more inconspicuous ones.

Edited by jimcraig152
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, jimcraig152 said:

Welp, was watching the new Jamie Foxx flick on Netflix:  "Project Power". Now there is a definitive answer as to how Jaime Foxx does it. At 1:02:38, plain as day you can see how he does it.

Ha! good catch, thats still a pretty good fut scar though ...or maybe it was a boating accident scene where he was nic'd by a propeller? lol

I've seen pics of him at various times from the front and wondered if he was doing some concealers, or maybe smp. Thats a bold crazy way to frame your face, its strange how we can sometimes look in the mirror and find satisfaction with ourselves but then 3rd party perspective seems to indicate otherwise, mirror vs pic vs video vs someone's perspective actually looking at you. Maybe in person being with him it looks fine and its just the camera and angle.

image.png.695dddddf512dd756c443e141acaba16.png

Edited by ciaus

1 hour ago, jimcraig152 said:

Welp, was watching the new Jamie Foxx flick on Netflix:  "Project Power". Now there is a definitive answer as to how Jaime Foxx does it. At 1:02:38, plain as day you can see how he does it.

Yep he had an fut. had an “artistic” tattoo to cover the scar but it looks like he may have removed it. His hairline after the fut was crazy blocked off and low. I think he had it undone with maybe electrolysis to a more natural height and shape. Looks decent now

I heard Hayden Christensen got HT as early as when he did the film Jumper (2008). There was just a crease in his hair in Jumper, but no visible scar. Of course, now he isn't in the public conscience anymore. So check this out this Chinese 2014 film Outcast. You have Nick Cage, widely known to have the worst HT in all of Hollywood. Then you have Hayden Christensen. Not just the worst FUT scar in Hollywood, but one of the worst FUT scars ever. If you ever watch the film (firstly, I feel bad for you if you did), Christensen makes no attempt to hide the scar at all. You can watch clips on Youtube as well as interviews for Outcast and that scar just wraps around his entire head right up to the temples.

Outcast.jpg.e7dbb81e10face731e2cf94da4c5263c.jpg

Good looking movie hair is a special effect. Chris Evans wore a hair piece in each of his Marvel movie appearances. DiCaprio wore a hairpiece in Wolf of Wall Street. So how do celebs do it? Same way we do it. Plus make-up, good camera angles, editing, and special effects.

• Valued Contributor

If more celebrities in the media light came out and shared that they had a hair transplant then it would make having a hair transplant much more acceptable (which today it is compared to years ago). I remember when I was in my late teens/early twenties and it was Jack Nicholson that I held up as my icon as he had the receding/thinning hair. In his films back then he was the leading man, a good 20 plus years older than his leading lady and balding. He just exuded confidence that gave me hope with my own situation. Same with Bruce Willis before he shaved his head. Today shaving your head is as cool as a transplant as you get older. The thing about shaving your head around middle age too is that once you get past a certain age, the older you keep getting the younger you look (as long as you're not over weight and your halfway good looking). No amount of grey, thinnish hair can make a guy at this stage better looking (in my humble opinion). It was funny when I ditched the wig and had SMP three years ago to hide all the scars as best I could. Nearly everyone said I looked ten years younger!

Edited by Gatsby
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hughh...the picture i posted clearly shows he has some work done. I recall a photo of him coming out of a hair clinic with a baseball cap on about 10 years ago...

I don’t think Pitt has done anything to his hair, the man hit the genetic lottery. Maybe he’s on dutasteride like Kutcher and Dax Shepard, but that’s his natural hair.

On 8/16/2020 at 9:34 AM, Gatsby said:

If more celebrities in the media light came out and shared that they had a hair transplant then it would make having a hair transplant much more acceptable (which today it is compared to years ago). I remember when I was in my late teens/early twenties and it was Jack Nicholson that I held up as my icon as he had the receding/thinning hair. In his films back then he was the leading man, a good 20 plus years older than his leading lady and balding. He just exuded confidence that gave me hope with my own situation. Same with Bruce Willis before he shaved his head. Today shaving your head is as cool as a transplant as you get older. The thing about shaving your head around middle age too is that once you get past a certain age, the older you keep getting the younger you look (as long as you're not over weight and your halfway good looking). No amount of grey, thinnish hair can make a guy at this stage better looking (in my humble opinion). It was funny when I ditched the wig and had SMP three years ago to hide all the scars as best I could. Nearly everyone said I looked ten years younger!

Yeah....i almost wish I could say *** it! I am done with it. More important things to do (worry about)...but sadly....i am here!

• Administrators
On 8/15/2020 at 2:06 PM, jimcraig152 said:

Welp, was watching the new Jamie Foxx flick on Netflix:  "Project Power". Now there is a definitive answer as to how Jaime Foxx does it. At 1:02:38 left in the film, plain as day you can see how he does it.

He’s notorious for using concealers, Kevin Hart actually clowned him in 2007 over using a “drawn on hairline.” He even said Steve Harvey (now bald) had a toupee. 

• Like 1

View my thread