Grafts vs. Hairs?

During my research, I’ve noticed many clinics quote you by the grafts, and some clinics try selling you by the hairs. Obviously, the clinics that tell you how many “hairs” you’re getting will speak negatively about places that quote grafts- “because you don’t know the total hair count which is the most important”, as well as “not knowing if grafts are being cut in half to meet the quoted graft count”.. Does anybody have any input on this topic of why clinics use hairs over grafts when consulting with patients?

• Administrators

Usually the clinics who charge by hair perform mini graft plug surgery. There’s a lot of this on YouTube.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

A graft would contain multiple follicles. However, it is more important that the placement of the grafts are done intelligently. For example, single follicles that are slow growing, light pigmented and thinner in calibre are used in multiple rows on initiating point of the hairline. Usually doubles and triples or more are used on the forelock region or behind it to give a puff to the hair when styled backwards. Beard donor grafts are always single follicled and are used as filler in the mid scalp in a mixture with scalp hair. When there aren't enough singles available, doubles and triples are dissected using high magnification and then used on the hairline. 

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ