Hair transplant in open spaces and restaurants

Is hair transplant detectable in restaurants and open spaces. Like if we are sitting in a restaurant , would someone looking at our head know that he is thinning .you know that some restaurants have lights and I mean would I became conscious that I am looking thinned?

Hair thinning, hair transplants, and any other issues related to hair can be seen everywhere, not just open spaces, restaurants, rest-rooms, etc.  It all depends on a few things.  

How much native hair do you currently have.  The less hair you have, the more obvious.

Lighting

Use of caps

How much contrast there is between the color of the hair and the color of the scalp

Length of hair

Use of gels and other agents

Is the hair wet or dry

I think most people can care less.  There are millions of people in this earth.  Some taller, some shorter.  Some heavier and some not so much so.  And sometimes we expect.  Typically and older gentleman may have less hair than a younger one. Seems, by your question, you are self aware and hair is important to you.  If so, go to a couple of consultations and do research.  Then decide if medical therapy is for you.  Start there.

18 hours ago, NAVI said:

Is hair transplant detectable in restaurants and open spaces. Like if we are sitting in a restaurant , would someone looking at our head know that he is thinning .you know that some restaurants have lights and I mean would I became conscious that I am looking thinned?

I never had that problem with thin hair visible even when I had short hair. I have never heard of anyone complain of such a problem. Maybe styling can help if your density is lesser.

Edited by Gabreille Nelson Mukhia

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

5 hours ago, Gabreille Nelson Mukhia said:

I never had that problem with thin hair visible even when I had short hair. I have never heard of anyone complain of such a problem. Maybe styling can help if your density is lesser.

I hope you talking about Ur transplant results and other hair  transplanted patients and not about ur original hair

I have only had one (1) instance of someone noticing/commenting on my thinning hair and that was a full 30 years prior to my 1st HT.  A casual observer in most social settings is rarely looking for faults in people's hair. (unless it's one of us who have had a Transplant.  We're the worst)   

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

In general, I think a hair transplant should always be "undetectable", no matter what the lighting situation is... Sometimes you might be able to see someone's strip scar based on the length of the hair if they're swimming, for example, but as a general rule, the actual results of the hair transplant itself should be undetectable - especially to the untrained eye. 

If you're talking about hair loss/low density being more noticeable in certain settings than others, then yes - but that's less to do with hair transplants and more to do with hair density. I don't think most restaurants have very unforgiving lighting though tbh, so I don't think they're something specifically to be concerned about. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• Administrators

I’ve never had anyone mention anything, a detectable hair transplant is a sign of a bad surgery.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

If you have a FUT, kiss a fade there goodbye. 

Seriously - only guys who lived through the 60's are authorized for a FUT.

• Like 1

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

19 hours ago, NAVI said:

I hope you talking about Ur transplant results and other hair  transplanted patients and not about ur original hair

Absolutely. I am referring to the transplanted in my case as well as the others.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

There are too many variables to what is quite an evasive question - however generally speaking - a good HT is unnoticeable, regardless of density. 

If you go to a good surgeon and have a successful surgery, you definitely won't be feeling more or as self conscious about harsh lighting than you do already pre surgery. 

I would say after my 1st transplant it was noticeable, but after my 2nd transplant I never even think about it.  I spend more effort on trying to keep my hair the best length because it seems to grow really fast, and then it has a mind of its own.  You spend much more time worrying about your hair than other people spend looking at you, because they are worried about their own hair.  The one exception is if you have a weird hairdo that will draw more attention.

Edited by Dazed

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

Just a PSA for helping to keep your HT under the radar gents -keep an eye on your temple points and widow's creeps and address as needed too!

I love Mad Men and Don Draper, but his temple points bother me! am I the only one? or is it just the way he combs his hair??

image.png.b01e77d4a4d1cad999a06a3d9458de65.png

• Administrators

Don Draper temple points look good IMO. He has a mature hairline, so sharp temples would look a bit odd.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators

Btw I believe he used dermmatch on mad men, he’s thinning noticeably off camera.

image.jpeg

View my thread

47 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Don Draper temple points look good IMO. He has a mature hairline, so sharp temples would look a bit odd.

I think his hairline across the top has had work -the temples and top usually recede together from what I've seen and it looks like he had a HT to address the top but didn't do anything to his temples. But then maybe its the way he parts his hair..

Edited by ciaus

On 8/5/2020 at 8:23 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Btw I believe he used dermmatch on mad men, he’s thinning noticeably off camera.

Ayyyy the magic of Hollywood. Reminder for all of us not to unreasonably compare ourselves to celebrities and/or models on social media. They have so many tricks up their sleeves to make things look picture perfect, and if any of us had access to the same stylists, tricks, etc. we'd be feeling really good about ourselves most all of the time. :)

Edited by pkipling
  • Like 2

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56